It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial Exposure Law proves Extraterrestrials live among us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Source:
www.agoracosmopolitan.com...

Interesting read, just figured I'd post it up.

The existence of such law at any time, is a basic acknowledgement that government interests are aware that Extraterrestrials have come into contact with the human population of Earth. The striking of such a law, also demonstrates an effort by the creators of such a law, to repress individuals who come in contact with Extraterrestrials, from being able to formally acknowledge an Extraterrestrial presence to other members of the diverse public.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Having just read only the article; two things come to mind:\

1. Is NASA able to pass legislation in the USA? or did they merely lobby and promote the law? A corrollory question is does a NASA official have this kind of power to detain US citizens?

2. The way the law is written suggests that the law was written to counter the possibility of extra-terrestrial infections/diseases etc. - The Andromeda Strain scenario (didnt that movie come out around that time?), which is a very real threat in my opinion in any contact between ANY EBE's and the earths biosphere. Could the U.S. have already encountered this problem?

(I also find myself wondering if there is a Canadian equivalent to this law.)

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This has been talked before, and it's not what you think it is.

Who knew what else might return to Earth with the lunar explorers? Although the moon was presumed to be lifeless, we couldn't rule out the possibility that bringing back equipment and samples from the lunar surface might also introduce hitherto unknown microorganisms or germs into our environment, potentially triggering a scenario (...) in which a sample-gathering satellite returns to Earth bearing deadly pathogens from space, touching off a plague that threatens to kill nearly everyone exposed to it.

To prepare for this eventuality, on the same day that Apollo 11 was launched from Kennedy Space Center, the United States adopted Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, since known as the "Extra-Terrestrial Exposure Law." The purpose of [it] was not to "make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles"; the law allowed the government to prevent the possibility of biological contamination from pathogens carried to Earth by men and objects returning from space by enforcing a quarantine on any people, plant or animal life, or other material that had "touched directly or come within the atmospheric envelope of any other celestial body."

Note that Title 14, Section 1211 did not make it "illegal" for "U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles"; it simply required those who had such contact to submit to a quarantine at the request of the government. If a spaceship full of little green men landed in your back yard, you would not have been in violation of Title 14, Section 1211 and subject to a fine or imprisonment merely for shaking hands with your visitors or taking a tour of their spacecraft - you would only have been subject to those penalties if you refused to comply with a subsequent government quarantine order. (Even then, the law only applied to "NASA manned and unmanned space missions," so contact with extraterrestrials who were travelled through space on their own would not have fallen under the provisions of this law.)

source

[edit on 2-9-2007 by danx]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Interesting find

"While the Extraterrestrial Exposure law was 'officially removed' and placed on reserve status in 1991, it nevertheless creates a precedent that the legal counsel of any government agency or military department could cite for possible enforcement against individuals who have had extraterrestrial contact. NASA’s regulation, and similar laws or regulations in other countries, provide a powerful means of silencing individuals who come into contact with extraterrestrials, and who have merged into the general population," adds Dr. Michael Salla.

Does this mean the law is no longer in effect?

The most relevant passages in that law concern the power of a NASA administrator or his/her designee to:

"Determine that a particular person, property, animal, or other form of life or matter, whatever is extra-terrestrially exposed and quarantine such person, property, animal, or other form of life... The quarantine may be based only on a determination, with or without the benefit of a hearing, that there is probable cause to believe that such person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever is extra-terrestrially exposed." (Title 14 National Aeronautics and Space section 1211.102 A3).

Someone needs to start interviewing some former NASA administrators

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well like the OP was saying, it's interesting that there was even a law like this in place where the obvious presupposition is that the gov't created it because ET's DO EXIST. If ET's didn't exist then there would never have been a need for the creation of this law in the first place!

I'm not one to praise our gov't for efficiency or a lot of things for that matter, but there's no way I'm going to believe that they make up laws to protect citizens from things that essentially do not even exist. So in this regard, I think Dr. Salla's research on this law is justified.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well I guess none of you read what I posted before, or haven't realized that by "extra-terrestrial exposed" they don't (particularly) mean exposed to extra-terrestrial beings (EBEs).

Part 1211 - Extra-terrestrial Exposure

1211.100 - Scope

This part establishes: (a) NASA policy, responsibility and authority to guard the Earth against any harmful contamination or adverse changes in its environment resulting from personnel, spacecraft and other property returning to the Earth after landing on or coming within the atmospheric envelope of a celestial body; and (b) security requirements, restrictions and safeguards that are necessary in the interest of national security.

Furthermore on the actual text of the law it's explicit to what or whom the law actually applies:

1211.101 - Applicability

The provisions of this part to all NASA manned and unmanned space missions which land or come within the atmospheric envelope of a celestial body and return to the Earth.

source

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Here are some excerpts from Dr. Salla's thesis:
Dr. Salla holds a PhD in Political Science and he's a well known authority in the field of Exopolitics. He's not a 'jack-of-all trades' lawyer who's posting quick answers on the internet to any question under the sun that anyone wants to ask him. If was really a 'good' lawyer, he would be too busy to answer questions on the internet. Most employed attorney's don't have time to do that....
Dr. Salla is uniquely qualified to analyze this law and it's ramifications as this is the field of his expertise.

In the Exopolitics Journal, Dr. Michael E. Salla documents that, "In 1969, NASA passed a federal regulation dealing with 'Extra-terrestrial Exposure'. The Extraterrestrial Exposure law, offers a legal precedent for the detention and indefinite imprisonment of any individual who comes into contact with extraterrestrials."

The most relevant passages in that law concern the power of a NASA administrator or his/her designee to:

"Determine that a particular person, property, animal, or other form of life or matter, whatever is extra-terrestrially exposed and quarantine such person, property, animal, or other form of life... The quarantine may be based only on a determination, with or without the benefit of a hearing, that there is probable cause to believe that such person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever is extra-terrestrially exposed." (Title 14 National Aeronautics and Space section 1211.102 A3).

"Essentially, anyone encountering such extraterrestrials could be subjected to indefinite detention without any legal protection. This would not only deter individuals from disclosing such interactions with extraterrestrials, but would also help deter extraterrestrials from disclosing their origins to ordinary citizens," further documents Dr. Salla.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

(b) "Extra-terrestrially exposed" means the state of condition of any person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever, who or which has:

(1) Touched directly or come within the atmospheric envelope or any other celestial body; or

(2) Touched directly or been in close proximity to (or been exposed indirectly to) any person, property, animal or other form of life or matter who or which has been extra-terrestrially exposed by virtue of paragraph (b)(1) of this section.

For example, if person or thing "A" touches the surface of the Moon, and on "A's" return to Earth, "B" touches "A" and, subsequently, "C" touches "B", all of these - "A" through "C" inclusive - would be extra-terrestrially exposed ("A" and "B" directly; "C" indirectly).

source

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
danx -- just for once, instead of posting excerpts all of the time, why don't you start communicating to us IN YOUR OWN WORDS -- Ok?

Give us your own interpretation of that excerpt you last posted here. That would be great if you could do that!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
danx -- just for once, instead of posting excerpts all of the time, why don't you start communicating to us IN YOUR OWN WORDS -- Ok?

I'm sorry if quoting the actual text of the law has confused you. You see, my intention was to clarify things.

Give us your own interpretation of that excerpt you last posted here. That would be great if you could do that!

I refer you to my first post where I state:

This has been talked before, and it's not what you think it is.

I thought that was a concise representation of my thoughts on the whole thing.

My interpretation is that by "extra-terrestrial exposed" they mean what was actually written on the law, especially since it was passed into a law on the day Apollo 11 was launched.

Not to mention that the law only seemed to apply to "all NASA manned and unmanned space missions which land or come within the atmospheric envelope of a celestial body and return to the Earth."

Reading the actual law, I don't even realize how someone read it and came up with the idea that having contact with extra-terrestrial beings was illegal and subject to quarantine/fines/imprisonment.

Hope that was explicit enough for your Palasheea.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
danx, the problem we have here is that we don't have the actual law in full length in front of us.
The lawyer's interpretation of that law was clearly slanted so as to support whatever conclusions he wanted to reach.
Then again, who's to say that Dr. Salla isn't doing that also.
But thanks for giving us your opinion on this matter, this time round. I only wanted to hear what it was and I'm sorry you mis-understood me on that. Merely posting an excerpt from a webpage somewhere does not, in my opinion, qualify as your opinion because it's somebody else's -- in this case a jack-of-all trades internet lawyer who really has no business interpreting a law that's not within his area of speciality (if he has one... but I doubt it).

[edit on 2-9-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Yeah, that law does not prove that '... Extraterrestrials live among us.'

All it proves is that it might not be too healthy for humans to come in to contact with an ET should one show up.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

danx, the problem we have here is that we don't have the actual law in full length in front of us.

Really? I posted like 2 or 3 excerpts and links to the actual law text on different sites.

Here's another just in case you missed the previous ones.

new topics

top topics

join