It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"REAL" America...seeking photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Maybe this is not such a popular idea, but here goes.
I thought it might be interesting if fellow ATS members
including myself, can post pictures of nearby villages,
towns, cities, burroughs, etc...that will "REALLY" show what "SHAPE" this country is in. I'm talking about a place near you...impoverished and economically destroyed by policies excercized by the wealthy elitest
crowd.
Every time we see some commercial on T.V. about
charities seeking money to help "impoverised" nations,
we always think about children in the "homeland", who go to bed at night hungry and the conditions "they" must endure! I will be posting as soon as I get this scanner figured out.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It's pretty crappy around where I live. I don't have a digital camera, but if I can get one I'll take some pics. It's a shame our government decides to help out other countries' poor when there's so many people that are living in #ty conditions right here in our own country.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The only Village I know of consists of homosexuals... and they seem to be doing alright.

k, got that out of my system...

Hmm, If I had a digicam, I could hit up the west side, and south side...

"Poverty is not a Crime."

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
"The only Village I know of consists of homosexuals... and they seem to be doing alright.

k, got that out of my system... "

get the christian god onto them. he'll nuke the village!

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
"The only Village I know of consists of homosexuals... and they seem to be doing alright.

k, got that out of my system... "

get the christian god onto them. he'll nuke the village!

I think he was referring to these guys...

Y....M....C....Gay.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
When a minority rules the majority then the end of civilization is nigh...

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
how about...

instead of just taking pictures like this why not...

oh i dont know...

do something to help those out who live in those areas?

just a thought!

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Agreed, but taking pictures could help too...

I think a lot of people at the top need to be shamed, that is if they are capable of feeling shame.

but then again feeling shame is not a notable quality amongst the most ambitious of this world.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Agreed, but taking pictures could help too...

I think a lot of people at the top need to be shamed, that is if they are capable of feeling shame.

but then again feeling shame is not a notable quality amongst the most ambitious of this world.

here's the problem with that. some people who live at the lower rungs of society are there by choice, either because they are lazy or simply because they feel no need to be materialistic. shaming those who had little or nothing to do with some of their problems does nothing. if they want to feel shame they're going ot and if they dont, there are no number of pictures that will make them change their minds.

instead of trying to shame them do what you can to help them rather than putting your time and energy trying to make others feel shame. do what you can while you can. you gotta do your thing and let others do their thing, do what feels right for you and stop trying to get others to see things your way. odds are they wont see things your way and you'll be left sitting there wondering how much more you could have done if you had concentrated on those who needed your time more.

new topics

top topics

join