It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robots Used in Exploring the Great Pyramids?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I seem to remember a show several years back about a team of archeologists who sent a camera atop a robotic device into the air shafts of the Great Pyramids to take a look around in there.

Has anyone any links or further information on the most recent developments?

Was the project abandoned?

I wish my memory suited me better on this issue, but I'm drawing a complete blank.

Thanks in advance,

GE

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
IIRC that National Geographic pyramid rover was sent into the tunnel in 2002? It hit a roadblock in the tunnel.

In 2004? another rover was sent into the tunnel to get around the roadblock, only to run into another one.

Thats all I know about it.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yeah - that's about all I remember as well.

A shame really, I find the enitre concept fascinating, would have loved to have seen a recent repeat of the programme.

That is one heck of a design those guys put together, on both sides.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I seem to remember a Graham Hancock interview on c2c where he speaks of the guy in charge of the sphinx/pyramids, Zahi Hawass, shutting off all flow of information on what they were finding. People working there had to sign a contract to keep quiet if I'm not mistaken. Someone somehow leaked that they had found chambers underneath the Sphinx, but I suspect any discoveries will be withheld from the west. They invite archaeologists from over here (Florida State I believe), then kick them out. They don't want to give the appearance that western nations are making major discoveries, or admit the possibility that further discoveries could shake the foundations of all organized religion. Apart from selfish monetary reasoning, the Egyptian government supposedly fears reprisals from Islamic fundamentalist groups for this cooperation. I'll see if I can find it, and get back to you if successful...

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
They found a chamber under the left paw of the sphinx as well, but the guy never was able to get permission to dig. I think what ever powers that be, don't want us to know what the pyramid is really for. Some archaeologists have said there is a book which tells the history of mankind, which is hidden within the pyramid, and even writings in the pyramid allude to this. I even read about archaeologists finding areas that were rebuilt and sealed off and made to look as if nothing was there. Knowledge is power, to bad we don't have permission to dig it up..

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Makes sense tome-imagine how the masses would react to the sudden revelation of new information concerning our origins.

Thanks a million for the info though.

I promise, I won't start dissention and rioting.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Just an update...I'll have to see if I can find a link, but I know I've read that they hit a 3rd 'door' in the shaft.

That's got to be an extreme let down. Something so exciting as a "mystery door" and find nothing but more "mystery doors" behind it.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I guess we will have to wait until 2012 to see what they are really for....

Maybe ask this question in Scott Creighton's forum? He knows quite a deal about the pyramids, maybe he could shed some light on any of this.

Josh

new topics

top topics

join