It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO crash off NJ coast

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Just a thought....if this was a meteor, and it hit the ocean 10 miles off the coast of Normandy Beach, wouldn't the force it hit with and the mass of the object have caused some kind of large ocean wave that would have affected the shoreline? Just a thought

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The photo clearly states "Illustration" in the bottom left hand corner, I don't believe this is an actual photo of the object that was reported falling.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
THIS JUST IN!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Medical waste closes N.J. beaches
Posted 4h 17m ago | Comments 22 | Recommend 7 E-mail | Save | Print |

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — Several beaches along the Jersey Shore were closed during part of the busy holiday weekend because medical waste and other trash had washed ashore, authorities said.
The beaches were all reopened Monday, said Elaine Makutura, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Environmental Protection.

The source of the waste — which beachgoers said included syringes, tampon applicators and gauze — was not immediately known, and there were no reports of injuries.

Most of the waste was found on beaches and in the water off Monmouth and Ocean counties, authorities said.

An eight-block stretch of coastline along Normandy Beach in Ocean County was closed shortly after the first waves of trash were reported Sunday.

www.usatoday.com...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Apparently you guys didn't get the fact that some ship was apparently dumping illegally a little to close to shore, most likely.... they we're probably shooting flares to make sure the stuff sank.

(jk) btw

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ever since the big clean up during the 80's when medical waste was washing up on shore every minute, they can no longer dump off shore. Once in a while some plant that incinerates the stuff backs up, but there is no indication of that over the past few days. Usually that stuff hits the paper big time.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
These are questions that need to be asked:

1: Who discovered and reported the syringes and various toxic materials that were washing up on to the beaches.

2: Where did these materials come from, will there be an investigation and will any medical facility or authority be held accountable for the obvious illegal disposal of these materials.

It's critical in my opinion to address these official claims first. This is extremely important because the whole UFO / Un-Identified object related to the story cannot and will not be addressed until the official claims for beach closure have been met head on with very serious inquiry.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by camain

Now that analysis of what happened is very good, if you're working hard to find something besides swamp gas to label this.

Do "they" give bonus money based on how many people fall for an explanation, or just a pat on the back?

Seriously, there is nothing to make your idea any more attractive than the ones that are sure this is the first sign of an alien invasion. You're basing your theory, if it can even be called that, on the reports that the beach was closed due to medical waste. And there is every reason to think that the medical waste story is a cover for other activity.

I still don't buy the UFO/alien theory either. All I know is that there are some really odd coincidents piling up, and people jumping in with "explanations" that make it all normal routine sound like they're doing the job of coverup for the PTB. If you're not working for them, maybe you should consider putting in an application.

Could we just wait on a wee bit more information, or do you have some need to put this to bed early?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by promomag

From what the papers are reporting, and the pieces I've seen on the news in the area, around 2pm yesterday afternoon, a lifeguard notified authorities that the medical waste was washing up along an 8 block area of Normandy Beach, and Lavellette Beach. Lavellette Beach is right next to Normandy Beach. Shortly their after the EPA was notified and official closed the beach and the cleanup begain. The EPA is apparently looking into where the medical waste came from, and if they determine that the facility that dumped it will be fined, which is always the case when something like this happens.

However, it's my understanding from previous events like this, that if a facility that disposes of medical wastes has an accident, that it has to be reported right away, and to date I haven't found one article that says that any facility in New York or New Jersey had any kind of an accident.

Plus Normandy Beach and Lavellette beach are smack in the middle of the coast line, so why it didn't wash up along the entire coast is also a mystery to me.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by XFoxMulderX

Red and green lights are consistent with navigation lights on aircraft. Red on the port side and green on the starboard if I remember correctly.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
A shark washed up at the Jersey Shore today. This isn't the same as the NY incidents mentioned earlier.
abclocal.go.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
They covered it up that fast, they get the report of the sightings, and in the early morning they release various medical waste into the water to go to the shore...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been asked. But exactly why do Aliens tend to crash so much?

I have a hard time believing that a race that has mastered interstellar space travel would drive into the ground.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cw034

Well, CW, I do think that is from another incident. The sky in the background appears to be daytime, if a little cloudy.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Surely there's another incident of Medical Waste washing up on the shores that we can compare this story to.

Here's what I don't understand about Medical Waste washing up on shores:

1: Why are authorities so sure the area has been cleaned up and no other waste material will continue to washup along the beaches?

2: Would it be safe to assume that the waste material had recently been dumped into the waters for it to all of a sudden start washing up... I would imagine only a short period of time for these objects to make their way back to the shores.

3: Why was the area limited to a relatively small area of beaches?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Truman_was_a_Dalek

Without buying in to the alien part of this story, which hasn't been shown at all, just that there was something in the air that hasn't been identified, there's another side to your question.

Any craft able to withstand what has been attributed to UFOs could surely handle fairly shallow water. There's nothing to support a crash when a UFO is seen to go into the drink except our own limitations on not flying manmade aircraft into the sea.

It is entirely within the realm of possibility that UFOs can enter the water and cruise like a submarine. Just because we see it as a "crash" does not mean that is what happened.

And even if there were crashes, on land or sea, that does not exclude them from being of alien origin, in and of itself. There's no rational idea to suppose that aliens are so advanced that they never make an error. When people decide that aliens can't screw up, just like humans and whales and elephants, we're on the verge of granting them Godhood. Something that is not even close to being more than a fairy tale.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hey guys i emailed fox just now, i doubt there gonna write back though. Who else wrote them a email. We should just mass email them. Anyway, how come I cant find the story anymore anywhere, or am i not looking good enough.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I just e mailed fox too. The problem is, I don't have cable, so I'll have to check back here to see if they report this.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyrolimeade
They covered it up that fast, they get the report of the sightings, and in the early morning they release various medical waste into the water to go to the shore...

i would agree that this is plausible. why not make a reason to go in there and find whatever it was that fell, be it ours or someone else's?

kind of reminds me of Close Encounters when they gassed the farm animals to have a reason to clear out the area.

[edit on 9/3/2007 by homeskillet]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
reply to post by Truman_was_a_Dalek

Without buying in to the alien part of this story, which hasn't been shown at all, just that there was something in the air that hasn't been identified, there's another side to your question.

Any craft able to withstand what has been attributed to UFOs could surely handle fairly shallow water. There's nothing to support a crash when a UFO is seen to go into the drink except our own limitations on not flying manmade aircraft into the sea.

It is entirely within the realm of possibility that UFOs can enter the water and cruise like a submarine. Just because we see it as a "crash" does not mean that is what happened.

And even if there were crashes, on land or sea, that does not exclude them from being of alien origin, in and of itself. There's no rational idea to suppose that aliens are so advanced that they never make an error. When people decide that aliens can't screw up, just like humans and whales and elephants, we're on the verge of granting them Godhood. Something that is not even close to being more than a fairy tale.

Sorry I didn't mean to say I thought it was an Alien. I was just saying that generally, I don't see how that could happen, Roswell for example.

Someone else brought up a South African UFO crash, again not trying to put words in his mouth, but aliens and UFO's usually run hand and hand.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Great picture.

I would think if that hit the water there would be a nice wave somewhere, wouldn't you?

I will say that doesn't look like a ship (ufo) coming down and I say this because of the black smoke.

Maybe military

edit to add: (cw and any members) If you are close enough to the water keep a check to see if any military ships appear out there all of a sudden

[edit on 3-9-2007 by observe50]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
here's a thread just on yahoo now about china vowing to reduce its space junk. i guess to re-iterate how much stuff that the world has up there. link

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join