It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a tale from the TAO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

It's my first thread, and i hope it's one worth sharing...
(english is not my mother tongue so excuse me for any mistakes)

A few years ago i bought this book named 'an ancient story, the seven seekers of the TAO'...
Now one part of the book tells the story of a young girl and her encounter with an immortal, and it goes as follows:

one day, the girl was sitting at the gates of this monastry, a huge gate with on both sides beautifully sculptured lions... As a person walked up to her introducing him as an immortal... The immortal told the girl that in the future the monastry and all it's surroundings would be destroyed... The little girl was glad with the warning but asked how she would know that time would come... The immortal responded that when the eyes of the lion here at the gates would turn red, it was best for her to go and hide in the mountains...
3 years went by and the little girl grew up warning the people of the monastry and it's surroundings that the whole site would be destroyed as soon as the eyes of the lions would turn red... The people laughed at the girl, calling her stupid... But every day the girl kept looking in the eyes of the lions...
There also was this boy with a sour personallity who decided one day that he would fool the little girl. So in the night, the boy grabbed a brush and a bucket of red paint and sneaked his way up to the monastry, where he painted the eyes of the lions red...
The next morning when the girl went to look at the eyes of the lions and saw that they were red she listened to the advice of the immortal and went to the mountains...
One hour after she was gone the whole site was destroyed...

Just to say that messages of great things, most of the times have nothing to do with how they came into the light, just that they're there...

the knightfook

[edit on 2-9-2007 by theknightfook]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Awesome story! Thanks for sharing!

Got any more stories, details to share?

new topics

join