It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 mintue warning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
with the contsant threat of terrorisum now what do you have planned if you heard the 4 mintue warning ? there will be no where to go now, if we heard it, it isnt "lets go to the bunker" its now, "o poop 4 mintues till we go boom".

Take Care, Vix

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
if i was with a woman,i might try to get some, id say oh come on we only got 4 minutes might as well die happy!

but more than likely id say my goodbyes to whoever was there and just sit there waiting for it to happen. not much else to do really.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I wouldn't do anything. I mean what can you do in 4 minutes. I would prob just grab my girlfriend and dogs and hug them till the inevitable happens. Also curious to know how many people have bomb shelters or plans in case this does happen?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
hmmm.....

dam 4 minutes not a long time....not even for sex....
but would be one heck' of a ending.

if it did come to that and I knew only 4 minutes left....
good question....not sure what can y'a do?

Y'r Canadian friend Sven

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by svenglezz
hmmm.....

dam 4 minutes not a long time....not even for sex....
but would be one heck' of a ending.

thats how id like to die,heart attack during sex with someone i hate, how *snip* would they be when u died, id laugh my *snip* all the way to the afterlife.

Mod Edit - Profanity

[edit on 4-9-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This may be a really dumb question, but oh well, I'll ask anyway. Why is it a 4 minute warning? Why not 3 or 5?

I would be sure I was with my husband and children and if my Mom wasn't in town I would be on my cell with her. Since I'm the news junkie I would hope that my loved ones wouldn't know what was coming so that I could pull one of my 'random acts of silliness' and their last 4 minutes of life would be filled with laughter.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have an air raid siren go off every day near me as because the power station must test its emergency sirens each day by law.

Of course, all this means is everyone has got used to the sirens so no one will take a blind bit of notice if one ever has to go off for real!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
HAHA..

I remember seeing those old 1940 flicks "Duck and Cover", I should be aight...

[edit on 9/2/2007 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I honestly dont have a clue what i would do.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If I knew that there was no chance of survival, I would grab my Bro, friends and dogs and throw a 4 minute party in the garden. sit down in a my big comfy deck chair, grab a beer and wait for the bang!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Vixion

simple
get a pizza, if im going to die im going to go on a full stomoch

also You jacked my backgrounds

edit to add the S

[edit on 4-9-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a fulls tomach ? its a good point, food and a fine lady.

And i was givin that background from some one, carnt rememebr who, so if it was yours, thanks. If not, ....o well.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vixion

your welcome
if anyone confuses you with me , i blame you

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

I remember seeing those old 1940 flicks "Duck and Cover", I should be aight...

Yeah, you'll be just fine. :shk:

I think everyone needs to plan ahead as much as possible.
At the very least keep a "bug out bag" handy with some basic supplies, and have plans in place as to where you can go depending on the circumstances.

I can be below ground level in 30 seconds, within 10 minutes I can be 3 stories underground in a parking structure.

With more warning, say half an hour, I can move about a 1,000 feet up to higher elevation, or seek shelter up to 7 stories below ground. But those would be last resort and depend on the situation.

You don't need a bomb shelter in your back yard, you just need to find locations that offer you the best protection for a variety of situations.

If all else fails and I knew there was no escape or chance of survival, I'd just pour a glass of Scotch and watch it all unfold with fascination and a bit of fear.

top topics

join