It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20Million to spend on Weapons, what would you buy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   

20Million to spend on Weapons to use against your enemy, what would you buy?

South Korea paid $20M ransom, says Taliban
A senior Taiban leader in Afghanistan said South Korea paid $20 million for the release of 19 hostages - and vowed to use the payoff to buy weapons and kill more people.

The insurgent claimed the South Korean government quietly handed over the cash to ensure the Christian aid workers held captive for more than a month were safely returned.

"We got more than $20 million" from the South Korean government, the commander told Reuters. "With it we will purchase arms, get our communication network renewed and buy vehicles for carrying out more suicide attacks."

www.nydailynews.com...

20Million to spend on Weapons to use against your enemy, what would you buy?

I really dont know what I would spend the 20mil on, but Im sure 20million would buy a rather large cache on the blackmarket.

Personally I might go get a stack of Klashnekoffs (apparently they dont jam in the sand), few grenades, one of those RPGs that rambo used, not to forget the Full Tang Rambo Survival Knife!. Could I get my hands on a cheap tank?

What do you suspect the Taliban will buy forgetting about their suicide bombs, and comms network?, What would you buy?
I dont know specific prices, maybe you could estimate the prices of your outfit.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by SmokeyJo]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'd buy Fat Man and Little Boy and give them a custom paint job in my garage. Then rake in additional profits through a worldwide showing of their awesome new paint jobs.

Then stock up on paper airplanes, rubber bands, and make sure every kid in class knew the "annoying hum" trick accomplished by a wet finger rubbed lightly on the book cages under their chairs.

My army will have the finest training, of course, to avoid detentions.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyJo

$20,000,000. Easy. Id buy 40 suitcase nukes and hold the world to ransom.

CT

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist

$20,000,000. Easy. Id buy 40 suitcase nukes and hold the world to ransom.

CT

20m/40 = 500k per? Wow, so cheap. Why doesnt every local neighbourhood dispute get hold of one of these bad boys!

Where do I place my order, and will Aussie post ship one to my future in-laws?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Why doesnt every local neighbourhood dispute get hold of one of these bad boys!

Probably because it is somewhat difficult to limit the damage to one side of the dispute.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist

Probably because it is somewhat difficult to limit the damage to one side of the dispute.

We dont have to tell the Frankstonites that!

[edit on 2-9-2007 by SmokeyJo]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
how about buy a massive nuke, and then detonate it above all the importnat finacial biuldings, that way EMp hits and wipes them, that would be fun i guess.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If 20mil was all it took to buy a nuke, Im sure the Taliban would already have multiple, not to mention every single country in the ME

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I would put up a giant wall to keep the immigrants out and give the rest of the money to Ron Paul's presidential campaign. I think once those two objectives are met, we probably won't need any other weapons.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Shameful.. 20 million for death huh?

No offense to you guys who think about this stuff.. yet if you ask me what weapon would I buy for 20 million??
A weapon that could shoot supplies and food to the hungry people of the world.. So I guess thats not a weapon at all then...

We need to stop spending so much damn money on things that murder other people.. Why not 20 million dollars to help those in need..

Oh wait.. People need to die, so we spend the money to help them out..

20 million? thats alot of money.. And is all blood money, spent to kill, murder...

I live in bizzaro world... IM sure of this now...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
No offense to you guys who think about this stuff.. yet if you ask me what weapon would I buy for 20 million??
A weapon that could shoot supplies and food to the hungry people of the world.. So I guess thats not a weapon at all then...

Great, but for some reason I dont think the Tailban have your food shooting weapon in mind. Maybe if they did, then the Taliban would have Afgan supporters.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by SmokeyJo]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
buy some stock in some US weapons company
well with all this Iran crap coming from the US, the share prices for these companies will rise

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Surprise Surprise, they want to capture more NATO members now

AFGHANISTAN'S Taliban plan to abduct and kill more nationals from foreign countries whose troops serve under NATO and the US military in the country, a spokesman for the Islamic movement warned today.
www.news.com.au...

top topics

join