It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraordinary Police Powers for APEC Summit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
One man's terrorist is not another man's freedom fighter - one man's terrorist is that same man's government.

Rank all organisations in order of death's committed by their rule, under their authority or with their rescources and the US outranks them all.
(There is this stat somewhere but i cant remember where i saw it)

Religious extremists? yeah, look at the Vatican and the current US administration before you even bother with anything they say exists in the Middle East!

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Just went for a wander round Darling Harbour in Sydney during my lunch break and took these pics of the security for APEC, just posting em for fun.

There are a group of about 15 - 20 police walking round - quite intimidating. They didn't come to my side though so could only get this pic.

Here's a close up of the water police who are patrolling the Harbour. They didnt want me taking photos - you can see the cop on the right with his hand up asking me to stop.
(ADD: hhmm just noticed that there are speakers on top of the while posts now. must be part of the terror warning system... interesting)

and just finally, here is part of the 'wall', this bit is to protect the Sydney Exhibition Centre - must be some kind of meeting there. Had to do this one quick so those cops wouldn't ask me to delete my pics...

Anyway hope someone finds that interesting

[edit on 3-9-2007 by srsen]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I do appreciate these pics - they give me an idea of what to expect on 8 September when the big protest is on.

Nice one.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by the titor experience

the BIGGEST protest - is that on Saturday or Friday. I'm getting different info from everywhere. I know Saturday has 'peaceful protests' planned, but is that the day most people will be out??? thought you might know....

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Saturday is meant to be the biggest by far.

That being said, expect anything.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Nice pics there mate, really appreciated.

Just came across this news report -

www.news.com.au...

Anti-APEC demonstration in central Sydney

September 04, 2007 05:52pm

ANTI-APEC demonstrators this evening staged their first protest in Sydney over the summit, with 200 people at a rally near Central Station.

This rally came just hours before US President George W. Bush was to fly in to Sydney ahead of the weekend meeting of 21 world leaders.

Amid chants of "go home Bush", Stop Bush Coalition spokesman Alex Bainbridge said a strong police presence and other deterrents would not dissuade protesters.

Some protesters carried banners as about 60 police, some of them members of the riot squad, watched their movements.

"This is a scare tactic by the police and the government," Mr Bainbridge said.

"I think there is a lot more people who are prepared to say that they can't let this intimidation go ahead and will come along and support us anyway."

Speakers at today's rally included a member of the Iraq Veterans Against The War group.

NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione said today that protesters would not be allowed into designated areas of Sydney's CBD during APEC because of the threat of violent demonstrations .

A Supreme Court judge will decide as early as tomorrow morning whether a protest march of up to 20,000 people on Saturday will be allowed to pass through Martin Place.

Mr Scipione said police had been negotiating with the Stop Bush Coalition to facilitate a peaceful protest but those negotiations had landed the issue in court.

"Our intelligence tells us there is an intent to act violently."

Do you actually beleive it that the government has applied to the courts to ban any sort of protests near the US embassy? This is not some eastern european communist era country ! We are "supposed" to be a democratic example to the world yet we are beginning to stink at that too.

Today I heard on the news, they are bringing up again the fact that a whole bunch of rocket launches went missing in 2002, trying to scare the public into supporting the security measures. Also, it was said that this was the reason why in the important areas there is a 300metre exclusion zone, because they gather that an amateur terrorist with one of these rocket launches will not be able to hit anything of significance beyond that distance.

I dont know enough about this weaponry but my guess is that you wouldnt have to be dead-on target to take Bush out would ya, just within 20 metres or so if you wanted to.

This whole situation is getting me so fired up, I do beleive that it will get messy and there will be spin on both sides of the fence. I really hope they manage to knock that wall over, get a semi trailer or a bull dozer and drive straight through that sucker!

We do not need to be governed as the people in the movie "V for Vendetta" were. We are freedom loving and living aussies here and if this continues, they have forgotten that us Aussies dont mind a good punch up if the need calls for it!

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Just wanted to thank you for the pics. I was at Hornsby and Chatswood this morning and there were transit cops everywhere. Not checking tickets... I reckon they were looking for suspicious packages or people who look like terrorists (what the bloody hell do they look like ??

I am still going on Saturday...the high point of my week.

Welcome to martial law in Oz...

res

[edit on 4-9-2007 by resistancia]

[edit on 4-9-2007 by resistancia]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   

With wire fences, water cannons, Army, police with guns and machine guns patrolling the street, this is the threat of violence that we are living in fear of, that's the violence we should be concerned about, the violence against our democratic right to speak up and voice an opinion.

Earlier today, an attempt by NSW Police to stop Saturday's APEC protest was stalled until tomorrow morning, after a Supreme Court judge allowed protesters more time to prepare their case.

The 'Stop Bush Coalition' group is using three barristers to fight an attempt by police to block Saturday's protest near Martin Place in central Sydney.

Lawyer Michael Spartalis, on behalf of the Police Commissioner, told the judge the assembly involving more than 20,000 protesters will pass through APEC's security zone, which will pose a risk.

source

I bet $20 dollars that the court will rule against the protesters; the SC will rule that if it poses a risk, then that will be sufficient.

bollocks...

If the SC rules in favor of the protesters, the NSW and Fed Govt will override it via with Federal (Constitutional) reserve powers.

BS...

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Thurisaz]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

Do you actually beleive it that the government has applied to the courts to ban any sort of protests near the US embassy? This is not some eastern european communist era country ! We are "supposed" to be a democratic example to the world yet we are beginning to stink at that too.

i can totally buy that the government would apply for a ban on protesting near the US Embassy - i feel we are quickly heading towards police state with APEC as a dry run so to speak.

And i've been up close and personal with 'the wall' and trust me dude, there aint no knocking it down, and i dont think we should even try. That is playing right into their hands. The best way to fight these a-holes is to educate the people as to their evil ways. They get away with this sort of stuf coz most people are ignorant to their actions. you educate people in a mature and accessible way and maybe things will change then - but knock down walls and all you'll get is water cannoned!

and yeah i saw that missing rocket launchers SKIT on the news too. geez they're pathetic. how many idiots will be spouting that line over the next week "oh those terrorists will steal them and you use you know, they're like that"... so stupid. Al Qeada, pfft right up there with Santa Claus.

Originally posted by resistancia
Just wanted to thank you for the pics. I was at Hornsby and Chatswood this morning and there were transit cops everywhere. Not checking tickets... I reckon they were looking for suspicious packages or people who look like terrorists (what the bloody hell do they look like ??

I am still going on Saturday...the high point of my week.

Welcome to martial law in Oz...

res

yeah there were cops and transit police everywhere today on trains from Town Hall station today too. just everywhere. doing nothing but creating a presence - as you said, we all need to get used to seeing them coz we all think we know what is on its way!....

Originally posted by Thurisaz
I bet $20 dollars that the court will rule against the protesters; the SC will rule that if it poses a risk, then that will be sufficient.

bollocks...

If the SC rules in favor of the protesters, the NSW and Fed Govt will override it via with Federal (Constitutional) reserve powers.

BS...

dude, if you ask me, this little b1tch fight will be what leads to the violence. The courts will tell the protesters that they can go through Martin Place, but police will act otherwise. It will fuel all the problems and give the polce a fine excuse. it worries me. Although they dont need an excuse... just get some undercovers into the protests and get em to throw a rock - it'll be riot on

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

Today I heard on the news, they are bringing up again the fact that a whole bunch of rocket launches went missing in 2002, trying to scare the public into supporting the security measures. Also, it was said that this was the reason why in the important areas there is a 300metre exclusion zone, because they gather that an amateur terrorist with one of these rocket launches will not be able to hit anything of significance beyond that distance.

There was yak about missing rocket launchers, juxtaposing them with the 'upcoming APEC conference' as far back as December last year.
ASIO on case

Wasn't some ex-mil guy charged with having a couple in his car boot, which he 'accidentally' took home after work?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Keep shooting the pics, these are quite necessary since private citizens are the only ones who police the police

For the protest, are you going to shoot there? Remember bright yellow vest and helmet and a tele lens so you can stay away from trouble. A bottle of water and a small towel in case of tear gas is quite handy too.
I'm not sure what your laws say but here photographing the police is perfectly legal.
I'll be looking forward for more pictures

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
woohoo - guys check out these babies!

The snipers have officially hit the Sydney rooftops!

in regards to Saturday, yes i will be there taking photos BUT i'm not really the pro photographer or anything and dont own any fancy lenses or anything - just a Canon Ixus 70 DSC.

The yellow vest thingy is a good idea tho and may wear my bright orange one. And the bottle of water of course. But yeah, i'll do my best to get some interesting shots and of course will post em here!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Yep saw those pictures in the news today.

I am not an expert in military or police training......but is it all that wise for them to have their backs turned to a gun behind them - if someone was to sneak onto the roof then........

It is even more worrying that you can bet your bottom dollar these guys on the buildings will zero their focus onto the protesters - not saying they will shoot - but why are they necessary?

In light of these pictures, perhaps having a bright vest is not all that great an idea?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'J311

Newcastle NSW one of the greatest places on earth not to mention base command post for project DELUGE which is what the RAAF are calling all the hoohaahh here at Williamtown RAAF Base.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Spica

Do you mind sharing what Project Deluge is?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Project DELUGE is what the RAAF are calling the Securityoperation for the APEC meetings. The F/A-18 Hornets that are patrolling the sky's are all flying out of RAAF base williamtown.
SEcurity has been ramped up here on base. we had a C-17 land here for the first time that I can recall yesterday it just parked for awhile and then left?
but anyway, thast what project DELUGE is..
NOT an excercise,

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Spica

thanks for the info and fast reply

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Look at that propaganda and possible use by government provocateurs, if this is used against the APEC, the extreme police mesures will stay in effect for eternity and they may pass even more draconian laws...

Also a little police state APEC video:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The face of the NWO is not a pretty one, I guess people needs to get used to their face, because actually is here to stay and is not limited to Australia but is all over the nations that supports it.

So if you are against these you will be subjugated even if it means by brutal force.

Sad, they are taking over and we mean nothing to them.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
In regards to the pictures of the police snipers on the roof previously - I saw them pics quickly on the news networks aswell, BUT, and a big BUT here too, These snipers are deployed on the rooftops in case of any "serious" violent activity taking place where the perpertrator has to be taken out to secure the safety of others...correct?

and if this needs to happen, like say somebody rocks up with a rocket launcher in the grade and lets it off at the APEC meeting then the snipers are justified to take him out right?

Now, the crux of my post, in this scenario, you wouldnt care what noise you make or whatever to achieve your aims of disabbling the perpetrator........

THEN WHY THE HELL IS THERE A SILENCER ON THE FRONT OF THAT SNIPER RIFLE?????????????????????????/

If there was to be a perpertrator, and police were given the OK to shoot him, then they would take him out....problem solved, with a loud echoing crack of the rifle. Everybody would here this and duck, right????

The use of silencer on the front of the rifle stinks of the movie "shooter", I know its far fetched but not beyond the realms of possiblity that they could possibly set someone up to take a few protestors or dignitories out.

Not hearing the rifle crack would make it more difficult to pinpoint the position of the shooter, even thou every hirise in the city would have a sniper on it.

I dont know, maybe Im looking into abit too much but it dont seem right to me.

Its like the asuthorities are gearing up for a city wide lockdown, like they quite possibly might know that something will happen, thou they'll let it happen and everything is in place for the publicity and justification of amrtial law Sydney style!!!!

anyone else find the silencer thing abit "iffy" ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join