It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon air molecules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Hi Mr. John Lear, according to the History channel, an episode of the Universe (The Moon) says that stars are not visible from the moon due to not enough air molecules. It should look all black if you are standing on the moon.

I'll admit I'm a little buzzing right now and don't feel like reading through A LOT of posts about this subject. I know I've read a few posts here at ATS about it, but don't want to due to the sleep factor. haha I hope to read your comment (If your not in the mine) about this in the morning. One would think the history channel is 100% correct in their observation since, they of course, are history. History is fact. Right? (: They say that you can't see the stars from the moon, 100%. I think I've seen that you said the astronauts can see the stars from the moon. Like I said I'm buzzing right now, want a sip? haha rum and coke!!!! (:

I want to believe you. I just want to make it clear that what a channel on national TV says could be wrong and intentionally directing the public in the wrong direction about this subject. You say one thing and national TV says another. Right? I believe a lot on what you say in other areas about the moon and others aspects of our solar system. I'll await your answer with an asprin!!! haha

Q

jra

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazi176
according to the History channel, an episode of the Universe (The Moon) says that stars are not visible from the moon due to not enough air molecules. It should look all black if you are standing on the moon.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Are you sure you heard it correctly? The ability to see stars has nothing to do with air (or lack of it). The only thing that can affect ones visibilty of the stars is the Sun itself. The brightness of the Sun is quite over powering, plus astronuats tend to have there gold visor down when in the sunlight to protect there eyes, which also makes it harder to see them. At night however, the stars would be very visible.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
But, of course, they are always on the 'day side' of the moon.

Riddle me this ... isn't atmosphere one of the problems with viewing stars from earth? Distortion ... giving us that twinkle.

How then, would the Hubble and the probes see anything, if, they needed air to see?

The sun would cause problems, not lack of air ... but, most likely, the moon does have at least a minor atmosphere. I cannot believe all that they tell me, they have proven themselves wrong too many times

As far as a tv station giving you the truth ... no, they give you a 'version' of the truth. Are they independent? Do they not get their paycheck from advertisers? Who is their parent company? Remember, the more cooks, the more spoiled the recipe.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jra

Like I said, I had a few drinks when I saw the show. I'm almost positive that's what the show said. Of course, I'll have to wait until it comes on again to make sure I heard that correctly. As soon as I heard what the show said, I jumped on to make the post.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Quazi176]

new topics

top topics

join