It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up frozen

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fuggle
reply to post by Atlantix

Personally, I'd like to know if anyone's ever met a grey while not being in a trance state. Years ago, I sent an email to Whitley Streiber asking if he's ever encountered these fellas in normal waking consciousness. Two weeks later, he posted in his online journal (prior to Unknowncountry) that [paraphrasing], "no--he's never encountered them in full waking.
consciousness".

[edit on 7/9/07 by Fuggle]

Is that you paraphrasing because he's definitely gone in depth about encounters that were during what we call "waking consciousness"?
Could you find the entry here possibly www.archive.org... ?
If you're only wondering about ATS posters, I can't say. Otherwise
look only as far as the classic case Betty and Barney Hill case just this past week on Dreamland www.unknowncountry.com... , an alleged abduction from a car.

NOTE: I AM NOT A DREAMLAND/STRIEBER SHILL

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fuggle
reply to post by Atlantix

Personally, I'd like to know if anyone's ever met a grey while not being in a trance state. Years ago, I sent an email to Whitley Streiber asking if he's ever encountered these fellas in normal waking consciousness. Two weeks later, he posted in his online journal (prior to Unknowncountry) that [paraphrasing], "no--he's never encountered them in full waking.
consciousness".

[edit on 7/9/07 by Fuggle]

Is that you paraphrasing because he's definitely gone in depth about encounters that were during what we call "waking consciousness"?
Could you find the entry here possibly www.archive.org... ?
If you're only wondering about ATS posters, I can't say. Otherwise
look only as far as the classic case Betty and Barney Hill case just this past week on Dreamland www.unknowncountry.com... , an alleged abduction from a car.

NOTE: I AM NOT A DREAMLAND/STRIEBER SHILL

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
SokturInvir--that web archive site is interesting, but I didn't find the information. I might try again later.

I paraphrased his response because his response was actually a paragraph or so long, but the gist of it was what I paraphrased.

It's been ages since I've read "Communion" and "Transformation" (I've just read some of "Confirmation" last week though--interesting ideas in there, but the evidence of abduction is still pretty thin, imho). From what I recall about those books, his encounters while in normal waking consciousness consisted of events such as hearing unusual "knocking" sounds and the like.

I'm happy to be mistaken; if I am it's not important. But I remember being suspicious after reading his work (not that he was lying or whatever, just that maybe he was omitting some information--or maybe I missed some information he wrote). Hence my question.

So, yeah--I guess I was wondering if anyone here on ATS has encountered the grays while, say, doing the yardwork, loading the dishwasher whatever--something that's not at all associated with sleep or trancestates.

I guess I'm wondering because I'm curious about the authenticity of my own encounters with greys.

As for the Hills--didn't they have to be hypnotised to remember what happened to them? There's was a case of missing time, right? I'm only vaguely familiar with their case. I'll review their story later.

Fug

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Sounds like Sleep paralysis coupled with occasional hypnogoc halucinations. I had some when I was younger.

Once I was woken suddenly when I was a teenager by a medium sized earth quake. I had sleep paralysis when I woke and nobody, because the earthquake was just big enough to wake but not alarm people, called out to see if everybody was ok. Well it was just a little bit too quite for me. being paralysed from sleep paralysis and coupled with the quiteness after the earthquake I entertained and for a few moments believed that I possible could have been killed by the earth quake which could have been much mor poweful but I "woke Up" ie got sqashed by the house collapsing or something, before it got too big for me to remember. Luckely I didn't die, and am alive to blog post about it. the point is that at the time it felt so real that if I didn't have evidence to contradict the hallucination I would have believed it.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Interesting, Bassplayer--

I've had similar experiences with lucid dreams and the earthquake phenomenon as well. And that's kind of what I'm getting at: has anyone here had an encounter with greys while not being in a state of mind like this?

Ha--"earthquakes and quiet". That reminds me (off topic) of a time back in '89 when I was in class, watching a rehearsal of sorts in a gymnasium with the rest of the school. It felt to me like that ground was moving. I looked up at the ceiling and saw cables swaying. I looked around at the other sixty or so people, but they were just enjoying the performance. I decided that the movement and swaying cables must've been caused by a train going by or something. Meanwhile, up north in San Francisco, motorways were collapsing and buildings were falling.

I still regret not listening to my instincts during that. Baaa.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join