It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up frozen

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

Geesh talk about a totally unexpected bizarre reaction to asking you if that was a ladybug in your ava. If I read all that about someone else I'd think they were some kind of psycho stalker or something, thanks for painting such an interesting picture of me there uhmm... Palasheea. That's me alright, psycho stalkerish U2'er.

This definitely qualifies as my weirdest ATS moment ever, I'm not sure anything will ever quite beat this one

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by frozenatnight
well I am 23 now and I believe when the sighting happened I was around 8 or 9, but its still weird I think for me to remember every detail of that night. I am thinking about going under regression (if that is the right word) and see if there is something else that may have happened that night that my mind is not letting me access.

That would be fascinating, if you do decide to do that then please come back and post about the experience. I've thought before myself that it'd be neat to go under hypnosis and see if there's any hidden memories or anything locked away up in there.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by frozenatnight

Yeah, common, I've never had that feeling, but it's called an "Out of Body Experience" I dont know the psychological reasons why people get them, but I know at least a dozen people who have had 'em before. Sometimes, it'll feel like your body just leaves you. When you feel it, just play along with it, don't freak out, and you'll fall back asleep. It's not a dream, it's not UFO's, its not aliens, its none of that bull#, its simply a phenomenon that some people experience. It's not genetic, it's just a simple experience just like dreaming. Don't worry about it, it'll probably go away really really soon. You should only have a few of em in your life time. If not, than go see a psychiatrist.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Ok so I am brand new to this site and this is my first post please bare with me. My thing is every couple times a month I will wake up in the middle of the night, and cant move any part of my body at all but my eyes. I cant talk, yell for help or anything, and it always feels like there is a presence in the room with me even though I cant see it.

Hi frozeaatnight,

It is in itself a normal event. Sleep paralysis or Catalepsy (Catalepsy is a condition characterized by muscular rigidity, fixity of posture and decreased sensitivity to pain.)
Of course you can check with your physician, but I had similar experiences when I was trying to induce OBE (out of body experiences), or when I tried to "Wake up" while dreaming. I think this is the state just before an OBE awareness can happen. Instead of trying to get back to normal in panic, it may help to try to go forward. You know, just as when your car is stuck in the mud and your trying to back up, sometimes it helps to alternate gears and direction.

If you get this regularly, I would say, try to will yourself out of body en look around, It IS possible and it is one of the greatest sensations one can experience. At least, in my case. If you don't succeed, you will probably return to normal state.

Hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Sleep paralysis, I get it too. No cure. Deal with it.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hey Guys,

Haven't taken the time to read through all the posts - sorry but I'm at work...

Let me add my 2 cents if I can, this shouldnt really be in the UFO section TBH - this is indeed sleep paralysis.

I have heard someone else say that there is no cure and deal with it ?
Yes... I guess you could but then again whats the point ? youre missing the reason it happens. Its the reason you're looking for, no ?

This used to happen to me so often as a kid, I would have it happen around 4-5 times a night - drove me insane at one stage.. eventually I got used to it and and just "dealt with it" like some people have said.

The thing with sleep paralysis that makes things complicated, and often times is confused with alien abduction is the whole "dweller on the threshold" issue.

First let me explain what sleep paralysis is, and why it happens, you can rule out UFO's - its not related whatsoever. Sleep paralysis is the state your body needs to be in, in order for you to successfully astral project. There are different stages and depths of sleep paralysis and the one just before you astral project will usually be a confrontation with the dweller on the threshold. This can happen in many ways - you feel a presense in the room, someone walks towards you and grabs you, your body feels like lightning is flowing through it - like more energy than you have ever felt, you hear a lout THUD. All of this is basically the energy body seperating from the physical body via vibration, the mind (depending on your level of fear, and what exactly you fear) will manifest this quite negatively. This is why those who astral project need to train to have nerves of steel.

Dont worry about the sleep paralysis dude - relax, fear not - go back to sleep, If you can manage that - you can have a lucid dream - and thats an experience you will treasure forever.

Hope this helps
J

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I have sleep paralysis on a bi-weekly basis, for the most part. What happens if you have an episode, go right back to sleep and dream, then the two get clouded in your memory. There are times I could have sworn I got up, but my girlfriend spends a lot of nights over and she swears I never moved all night.

Sometimes I can be having an episode but see everything around me. I can see my girlfriend walking in the hallway, playing with our cats, or even playing Mario, all while I have an episode.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Truman_was_a_Dalek]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

well I am 23 now and I believe when the sighting happened I was around 8 or 9, but its still weird I think for me to remember every detail of that night. I am thinking about going under regression (if that is the right word) and see if there is something else that may have happened that night that my mind is not letting me access.

That would be great if you could do that and then report back here? At any rate, it really does sound like you need to do this because I'm sensing that maybe deep down, you think you saw more than what you are currently remembering about that sighting. So I can't see any harm at all in having a professional put you under a light state of hypnosis just to see if anymore information comes up.
Check out this website for a referral to a professional in your area:
www.johnemackinstitute.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truman_was_a_Dalek

Sometimes I can be having an episode but see everything around me. I can see my girlfriend walking in the hallway, playing with our cats, or even playing Mario, all while I have an episode.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Truman_was_a_Dalek]

Have you ever seen your bedroom i.e. as if you're looking around the room from your bed -- with your eye's closed at night when you're laying in bed?
My guess is that you have had such experiences, am I right?

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
thank you for that website. I am looking for a hypnosis in my area today and will be trying to go today. I will keep everyone updated, and could you please tell me if I draw a picture on my computer how do I upload it on here.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

thank you for that website. I am looking for a hypnosis in my area today and will be trying to go today. I will keep everyone updated, and could you please tell me if I draw a picture on my computer how do I upload it on here.

Wow! How exciting! Good luck!
To upload an image just go to where your inbox 2U2 thing is -- called Member Center and look at the list of links on the left of your inbox. You will see 'image upload' or something like that. Just click on that, browse for your drawing, click upload and then notice that there will be a new URL starting off with ats of your image. Copy/Paste that URL and then insert it into your post by clicking on the image button (second one on the right where you see that globe). Hope this helps. Maybe someone can explain it better... lol

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Ok so i was going to post the my drawings of the objects I saw that night but I guess I do not have enough posts to do it at this time is there anyother way for me to show these to you.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
In response to the first post, it definetly sounds like sleep paralysis. After starting a new job which had crazy shifty times, happened to me quite a few times. After speaking to a doctor, I also found out that because your are in between sleep and being awake, thoughts you have can trick your b rain into thinking what you "remembered" actually happened. For example, i still swear that I experienced something, but couldnt have happened because i watched by cctv the whole time. When i looked back over the footage, i never moved. I suggest you what you experienced was just a side effect from SP

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Very interesting… I to have had this happened to me.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Maybe a gray watching you sleep, paralyzing you. It's a good thing you fight off the fear and are capable of getting up. Atleast they don't seem to abduct you, which is a good thing again.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I used to have this experience also at age 18 - 21. I would be sleeping and suddenly I would come conscious of being awake but unable to move. I would see everything bathed in a bluish/green luminance and felt the presence of my body and limbs but totally unable to move anything but my vision.

When this first happened I was not scared but very curious of what happened. So the next time I knew what to expect and tried to relax with it and move my arm or fingers. I still was unable to move and just have vision of my body lying there and my surroundings bathed in the luminance blue/green light. the light was almost like very bright moon light bluish/green in color. It was peaceful and tranquil to be in.

Have to say I loved it and looked forward to it happening. Than later in life I had the same experience only now I became conscious in total darkness with a white luminance around me. I feel as though there is a body there but cannot see it. I feel the body is intact, but it is not there where my conscious form locates. This scared me but as I reflected back on the experience I made myself know the next time, I would relax and accept what was happening. I found Than I had no reason to breath, feel hot or cold, nor hunger. I lost the fear and began to explore the region of darkness and soon was brought before the region of light. It was utterly fantastic and beyond anything I had experienced before.

I realize now it is out of body experience. I now can navigate away from my physical self and hold the conscious thought of a body as I travel. Even though I feel arms and legs, I see none of the physical parts when on the loose.

This opened a lucid travel experience unrestrained from physical reality. I can fly about and enjoy freedom like nothing in the world my mortal physique can achieve. When I enter this state now, I awake in the morning with a feeling of exhilaration and a euphoria filled high.

Might I suggest you get comfortable with it and explore your possibilities to expand the experience. It will not harm you, rather open new views of the mortal world.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantix

Is that a joke? I've experienced sleep paralysis since I started trying to practice "astral projection" back in the 80's (from my own experience, it seems to be a prerequisite for the OBE experience--whatever that _actually_ is (dunno, don't care--it's interesting whether or not it's all in the mind).

I ask if you're joking because on five or six occasions, while experiencing sleep paralysis, I've encountered the greys (I kind of dismiss the legitimacy of these experiences because it wasn't until after reading "Communion" that I first met a grey). Notably, I'd first induced sleep paralysis years before encountering a grey during an "episode".

Personally, I'd like to know if anyone's ever met a grey while not being in a trance state. Years ago, I sent an email to Whitley Streiber asking if he's ever encountered these fellas in normal waking consciousness. Two weeks later, he posted in his online journal (prior to Unknowncountry) that [paraphrasing], "no--he's never encountered them in full waking.
consciousness".

One other thing I'd like to comment on is that I've learned to overcome sleep paralysis. It's a struggle but I can do it. And, during two of those "grey encounters", I've done it. Interestingly, it _scared_ the greys. They shriek when they're frightened.

I spent six hours last night reading (most of) the "Questions to John Lear" thread from the beginning. He said something about their mind control being "total" (or words to that effect). From my own experience, I must disagree with that claim.

But, of course, you might be kidding, and my own experiences might merely be mere lucid dreams.

Fug

[edit on 7/9/07 by Fuggle]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Intresting, that is why I orginally posted this thread I believe everytime this happens there is a grey or other in the room with me. But I have come to the state to where I can force the fear of the paralysis away and then it feels as if no one is there. And I know this has no topic on here but would like some input. last night I thought I was having an obe at least it felt that way but then during this I noticed there were greys in my house. the entire house being filled with a blue light I could walk around, they didnt seem to notice me. but they were watching my gf and my parents its as if I was in a safe place but they werent. any thoughts, maybe just a dream?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I think the best question is or was "anything out of place the next day?"
Like someone said before you can video tape it.
But if the accounts (which I believe) of clothes put on backward, waking up at the foot of your bed etc, are true, then the solutions could be easy.

If they're unable to recall (or overlook something such as) the way a shirt fits, then what of some elaborate scarf knot you tie to a bed? A Rube Goldberg-type undo able contraption that spills ink on your sheet..?

[edit on 8-9-2007 by SokturInvir]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
wait so if u can realise ur in sleep par when ur in sleep par u can make everything u imagine be real?o my i know its sck but sounds awesome

[edit on 8/9/07 by Unisol]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join