It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up frozen

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Ok so I am brand new to this site and this is my first post please bare with me. My thing is every couple times a month I will wake up in the middle of the night, and cant move any part of my body at all but my eyes. I cant talk, yell for help or anything, and it always feels like there is a presence in the room with me even though I cant see it. I get a very uneasy feeling around me like Im not alone and they or it is waiting for me to go back to sleep but I dont. Every time this happens I fight the fear off and as I can slowly get up the presence is still very close to me until I move completely. But even then it feels as if Im still being watched. Now when I was probably 8 or 9 I do remember waking up out of bed and for no reason at walking to my bedroom window, I looked to the left and there was this huge craft flying in the night sky very low and huge (as if 2 football fields) and then look up and two more fly over. I can also remember in great detail the object. My question is can any one help me figure this out, could I be getting abducted. I can barely sleep at night with out worrying. plz help me with this.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Probably sleep paralysis

I've only tried it a few times myself, didn't get scared though, just went back to sleep.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The first thing I thought of was also sleep paralysis. Read up on it and see if it matches what you felt.

My guess is that it will. Lots of people get it.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
the other night I woke up and it was pitch black in my room as I always keep it, but I had awaken from a "bad" dream and was startled because I saw a silhouette with just a grayish color outline of a being waiving at me in the pitch black! I practically shoved my girlfriend to try and wake her up to see if she could see it or not. But she was unresponsive. It had me spooked but I talked myself into going back to sleep as it may have been the state of sleep I was in. Is this also a condition, I wasn't paralysed but felt powerless and very very afraid for a few seconds.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Like everyone else here has stated, it's most likely sleep paralysis. If you are stressed, doing drugs regularly, or have an irregular sleeping pattern, it can lead to sleep paralysis. It could also be a side effect of a medicine you are currently prescribed to.

I would see your physician when you get the chance. He/she may put you on Klonopin, which is a drug you need to be careful with. Not really addictive, but it has some nasty side effects.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by ModernDystopia]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Thank you for all the quick responses, the sleep paralysis is something that I will definetely have to check into.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I suffer from sleep paralysis. What you describe are classic symptoms. Your body is paralyzed to keep you from acting out what is going on in your head. The first few times it happened to me I was WAY freaked out, it can be super realistic. After getting diagnosed (by the way, SKIP the treatment, trust me) I now have fun with it. Happens about once a week to me. As soon as it happens I now instantly realize what is going on, still can't snap out of it, body is still paralyzed, but almost anything I choose to imagine at that time comes true while I drift off to sleep. Can be as cool as it is scary at times.

Although one time my cat jumped on me during an episode, jumped right over the back of the couch and onto my stomach. Talk about scaring the crap out of me......

I will give you one bit of advice, do not sleep with your T.V. on!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by frozenatnight
Now when I was probably 8 or 9 I do remember waking up out of bed and for no reason at walking to my bedroom window, I looked to the left and there was this huge craft flying in the night sky very low and huge (as if 2 football fields) and then look up and two more fly over. I can also remember in great detail the object.

Do you remember feeling a huge amount of fear and as if you were struggling to catch your breath? I also remember seeing something like this (after getting up for no good reason at all and walking to a skylight in another room) but it was very dark and i cannot remember the exact details of the ship, except it was absolutely massive. I tried to scream but nothing came out, and it was as if i was having a heart attack - then i blacked out.

Can you draw this object?

[edit on 2-9-2007 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
No there was no fear at all that I recall it was actually a sense of being called to the window. But when I wake up frozen at night there is true fear for me now and I don't know why. As far as drawing what I saw yes I can do that but I do not have a scanner to put it on here, unless theres another way.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
But I can tell you what it looked like. The first one I saw from the side, the length of maybe 2 or 2 1/2 football fields. It was very silent no noise at all, there were, what looked like to me windows slowly moving around the object. Except you could not see into them they were bright red, and the object itself was more of a gun metal gray. The next two I saw from beneath as they passed over head, looked smaller than the first but the same design. If someone could help me with putting an image on here I would be glad to draw it and post it for you.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis is more common than people think, i read into this a few month ago when i spent a full night trying to fall a sleep to be woken up because i had the feeling i was falling causing me to jump and kick out, i learned this is also a common occurrence as well know as Hypnic jerk which also ties in with sleep paralysis both are explained here

Sleep Paralysis

Hypnagogia

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I can tell you without any doubt, sleep paralysis.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I've divided your post into 2 sections - part 1 and part 2....

Originally posted by frozenatnight
Part 1
Ok so I am brand new to this site and this is my first post please bare with me. My thing is every couple times a month I will wake up in the middle of the night, and cant move any part of my body at all but my eyes. I cant talk, yell for help or anything, and it always feels like there is a presence in the room with me even though I cant see it. I get a very uneasy feeling around me like Im not alone and they or it is waiting for me to go back to sleep but I dont. Every time this happens I fight the fear off and as I can slowly get up the presence is still very close to me until I move completely. But even then it feels as if Im still being watched.

Part 2
Now when I was probably 8 or 9 I do remember waking up out of bed and for no reason at walking to my bedroom window, I looked to the left and there was this huge craft flying in the night sky very low and huge (as if 2 football fields) and then look up and two more fly over. I can also remember in great detail the object. My question is can any one help me figure this out, could I be getting abducted. I can barely sleep at night with out worrying. plz help me with this.

The first part is sleep paralysis but because you are having them so often, you need to find out why. Are you taking any medications? I found out not too long ago that I experienced an entire night of 'night terrors' after taking Advil all day for a toothache. Night terrors are not the same as sleep paralysis but it's not too far from it.... You would be amazed at how medications or alcohol can cause such things to happen so you need to pay attention to this so as not to have these awful nocturnal experiences again.

In part 2, it sounds like you witnessed a UFO and I don't know how old you are now but the fact that you still remember it even though you were only a small child at the time of that sighting is significant. But having said this, at this point there's no way to tie part 1 and part 2 together as they seem to be 2 separate unrelated events -- one that occurred in your past and one that you are experiencing now.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I do hope people realize that just because you can stick a medical term on something, that doesn't whatsoever mean the person didn't have a genuine paranormal experience. Maybe all the doctors around here that are rushing to diagnose someone will keep it in mind...

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
That's true but the first thing he needs to do is rule out all of those things that we all know cause sleep paralysis or night terrors.
I think that's what most of us here are trying to convey.

But having said this, there are cases of paranomal related sleep paralysis and it goes without saying that many abductee's have experienced this also. But first one needs to rule out outside factors that can cause sleep paralysis like drugs and alcohol -- and even stress.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Try setting up a camera in your room, thats what I would do, record myself sleep.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
That's true but the first thing he needs to do is rule out all of those things that we all know cause sleep paralysis or night terrors.

Sorry but I think you're missing the point of what I was trying to say, I'll try again.

Say for instance this guy goes to a doctor, describes all his symptoms and the doctor says yep my boy, you have sleep paralysis, your diagnosis is 100% percent, that's what is wrong with you without any degree of doubt. That still does not whatsoever mean the person didn't have a paranormal experience, it could only mean that the paranormal experience they had just happens to fit the bill for a certain medical label.

I hope I explained it well enough there but the basic gist of it is that if someone has an odd experience and is diagnosed with a medical condition, then wooptie doo... so what, that discounts nothing.

Having enough specific symptoms to be labled with a certain medical term is still zero validation or proof that what the person experienced wasn't paranormal.

If you really think about what I'm saying, you'll get it.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I'm not understanding you what you are saying here. Could you please re-phrase everything for me?
thanks

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
fweshcawfee,
I just noticed that you sent me a 2U2 but I have not read it yet. I'm assuming it's in response to what I just posted here in my previous post in this thread.
With all due respect, could you please re-phrase your last post here in this thread so I can understand more on what you were trying to say? I would prefer that you do that in this thread so that others too may have clearer understanding of what you were trying to say too.
Thanks

In the meantime I will delete your last 2U2 (sorry, I will not be reading it) which is the 3rd 2U2 you've sent to me over the past 45 minutes or so... (the other two being about my avatar -- sorry you don't like ladybugs but odd that you wanted to tell me so... weird.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
well I am 23 now and I believe when the sighting happened I was around 8 or 9, but its still weird I think for me to remember every detail of that night. I am thinking about going under regression (if that is the right word) and see if there is something else that may have happened that night that my mind is not letting me access.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join