It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Nature of Darkness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
What is Darkness? Is it the absence of Light? Is it a form that is in contrast to the Light as it has been said for millennia? If you go outside on a bright summer day wearing a black shirt, you may find that it gets very hot much faster than if you were to wear a lighter color. The true nature of Darkness is that it is the very vessel thru which light flows. Take the vastness of Creation, 95% of it is Darkness. If this Darkness was in contradiction to the light, the Darkness would swallow the light and this light would never reach the planets, and life would not be. Darkness is the vessel, not the contradiction. Without the totality of this Darkness, light would fill the Universe and nothing could be seen. It is thru the very nature of Darkness that allows even the faintest of light to be seen! The religions of the world take adversarial stances in regards to the very essence of Creation itself. If 95% of the Universe is Darkness, you would think that it is obvious that it is so because it is necessary! With this being said, the religions of the world are in contradiction to the very nature of Creation itself. In Truth, light depends on the Darkness for it to be useful! Without it, everything would have no individuality at all and everything would seem to just jumble together. No stars could be seen because the light of the Sun would block them out of site forever. Without the Darkness, man would not be aware of anything outside of the atmosphere and would probably assume that the Sun and the sky are all that is. Darkness intensifies the heat and life giving warmth of the Sun; it carries the light to all bodies in the heavens, keeping its life giving energy in tact. It is the Black Holes in the center of galaxies that make the center so massively bright, because it is drawing the light to itself! It is the Darkness that draws the light, directs it, and gives the light its very power to shine. Darkness is the very FOUNDATION of the Universe!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ForceMaster

Right on!

I have some insight to share but I can't right now - just wanted to let you know how glad I am to read your post!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
A black hole is not darkness for it doesn't allow lights to reflect, so for us it only appears to be darkness. A black hole is the brightest item in the universe if you could only see.

Darkness is nothing...

Light has substance...

Darkness is not real...

It is only real to us because of the limits our eyes have. If a blind man is standing out on a sunny day it is all darkness for him. If you could see the full spectrum of radiation there would never be darkness.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Excellent post, I have thought about this before.

As for the poser above me...I think you over analysed what was being said. The point is this...without darkness...light would be more of a curse than anything else.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
you're confusing black with dark. dark is the absence of light, black is the absorption of light. a shirt appears black because it absorbs the sunlight and reflects that which is not on the visible spectrum, darkness is what exists when there is no light to be seen...

and supermassive blackholes give off light not because it's drawing light towards itself... we wouldn't be able to see that light, they're bright because they're spewing out geysers of energy.

darkness isn't something that's real, Xtrozero brought this up, darkness is the lack of something. just as cold doesn't exist, it is simply the lack of heat. darkness is our name for what happens when there isn't light. it isn't an opposite, it's merely a lack.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Darkness IS a lack - in most cases - the incidence of 'dark matter' in space implies there is more to it, scientifically, and therefore, metaphysically, but anyway...for the sake of a less complicated discussion:

HOWEVER the opposite of supply IS lack.

light = supply
darkness = lack

yin/yang
positive/negative
fullness/void

BALANCE is extremely important! Whether speaking from a purely material sense or a spiritual sense to all points in between.

The reason for the world's imbalance (violence, terrorism, poverty, etc.) is the literal avoidance of facing the dark side of all things without fear. Fear comes mainly from ignorance. Not stupidity but plain NOT KNOWING.

And even those who don't have religious ideas or spiritual beliefs avoid the idea of the other side of 'light.' Anyone that DOES understand/embrace/accept darkness for what it is, is usually labeled (at least by those who claim to be 'walking in the light' aka the religious) as being demonic/satanic/evil.

Many religions unobtrusively ADD to the problem rather than solve it because of promoting such an attitude. Also, the reluctance of many to accept the 'female/receptive/creative' side of G.O.D. only adds to the imbalance. Because metaphysically, the female is the darkness in that it is receptive.

If, on a conscious intentional level, we mentally reject the receptive nature of our souls, then how can we truly receive the spirit from Deity (whatever we choose to name such)?

Many protestants incessantly criticize their Catholic counterparts for worshiping 'the mother of G.O.D.'...but thank G.O.D. they DO! Because if not, we (as a whole) would probably be so far out of whack, balance-wise, that we would not still be existing on a sentient level. (maybe...perhaps...i strongly suspect)

Darkness is seen, on a religious level, as automatically evil. But this is not necessarily the case. EVIL is being selfish and caring not about others but first and foremost (and often, ONLY) about self.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Black & white are opposites. Darkness and light are alos opposites, whether it is a lack or not...there is a clear difference between the two. I agree with what the poster above me has said...simply because it's very rational thought.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcab
Excellent post, I have thought about this before.

As for the poser above me...I think you over analysed what was being said. The point is this...without darkness...light would be more of a curse than anything else.

Ok...is it the foundation of the universe?

But as I said there is only darkness because of the limits at which we can see.

If there was a box that had a total lack of all radiation then it could be said it is pure darkness, but just because we give this void a name doesn’t give it any real substance too.

I have one other point; since darkness is the lack of all light then any amount of light means there is no longer any darkness, but only different levels of light.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

MIND is the foundation of the universe.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

MIND is the foundation of the universe.

I thought math was...

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I thought math was...

Well, it IS....vibrational energies/numbers and how they manifest and create structure in equations...(balance).

But where does our mathematical understanding come from?

MIND.

But the created tangible that we experience as 'reality' is not = as the universe.

UNI means all. All things come from MIND.

Reality is structured and ordered by math.

Maybe that's why Einstein said:
Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one.
(he was NOT good at math at all - often he didn't even do his own math)

On a more serious note, I think that is why we still are struggling so much with Quantum Physics; it is deeper than math yet the leading physicists depend on math for their work...it is about the universe, not about tangible reality. We literally have to take a mental 'quantum leap' to get beyond mortality/time.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcab

Thank you!!!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Um, yes, except for the fact that light is a spectrum of frequencies. When we think of light we think of white light. The reason we think of light as white is because white is the inverse of black, and anywhere light is non-existent is black. But it's kind of like a color blind person; he thinks certain colors are the way they are all because his eye is a transducer that converts photons (packets of light, or energy) into color depending on their frequency, or the amount of time it takes for the packets of energy to pass a given point in a given amount of time. So, yes, black is a relative term that refers to the medium for which light doesnt illuminate, or more explicitly, the medium through which energy has not released itself. Remember, everything, and I MEAN EVERYTHING, in our universe, is energy. So yeah........

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

I think balance is key: kinda like to every beginning there is an end, or whatever comes around goes around. Really, you have to think of light as energy, not an actual substance. If there is no energy, there is no apparent motion. I carefully chose that last sentence, cus APPARENT is a key word. Remember, light is energy, so lets say you put a flash light into a box and closed the box, the light would still be in the 'black' box, cus we have released energy in the form of light into the box. Now, if we could remove the flash light from the box without opening the box (which is only theoretical) would the box be illuminated inside??? the answer is obviously no. We can argue that tho by asking me, the author, "Where did the energy go" to which I would reply "Nowhere, the energy was dissipated, and we can no longer see it because light is inanimate, likewise energy is inanimate"

That sounds complex, but just pick up a book on relativity and you'll understand.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Viva Relativity!!!

Yes that is absolutely correct.

Take a triad crystal and a light beam and then you have the hidden secret nature of light - all colors - all things. Biodiversity is the genius of life.

The bible starts with a rainbow and a promise...and ends with a sea of crystal glass and the rainbow realized. The snake is rainbow colored and the bane has become the cure.

This is salvation.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
1stly, I never said...light was white. As one of the posters said(Sorry, can't recall your name), colour is what our mind & body allows us to see. Cattle & dogs see in black & white...Bees see ultraviolet light & so forth. There is a fish that sees thousands of more colours than we can. LOL.

It's funny, because those colours we cannot see...we cannot even imagine them.

But none the less...if there was a way to trap all the light around us(what we can & cannot see)...that would be true darkness. But we're not talking about darkness, because to us, what we cannot see is true darkness. The point remains that...without that darkness...light by itself is more of a curse than anything else.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   

sorry i take the subject of light from more a sceintific aspect, not whether it's a curse or not.....light is a touchy subject, and unless you have a comprehensive understanding of its physics, it's impossible to understand fully. It's kind of like man and women; women is the counter part of a man, and opposites are intended to balance nature and creation out, so without light there would be no darkness; likewise, without darkness, there would be no light......

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Black holes appear black when they are dormant.Active black holes give off,as you said,brilliant light and colours!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ForceMaster

The universe,like humans,is a creation based on duality.Everything we know of has an opposite,its what brings balance to all.
As you pointed out,to have just light or just darkness,brings many problems,they have to be equal to benefit from each other.

For those who say maths is the language of the universe....only mathematical geniuses say that because only they can understand it!!
The true language of the universe is Music!! Everything has its own musical key!!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
To the OP,

You are observing the universe that now is.
The universe that was, wasn't 95% darkness.
It is the ultimate hole in all science and religion that they are based on what they observe now.
For instance, religions look at the world as now is, note death, and undergo to deal with it.
Ditto science. Both assume death is normal.

Science is stuck with the assumption of uniformity of change.
Aside that monumentally erroneous assumption, science cannot by observing the state of the physical world as now is (including light and its speed and what have you) reveal the state of the universe preceding a past singularity.

What you have now is the afterfall of God's judgment on Satan before the creation of Adam. This universe now is cursed, and populated by devilish powers, and hence darkness is rightly viewed negatively.

As for sheshat (I'm sorry I forgot your name) I've got a couple of verses for you since you mentioned the Bible

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

My my my....isn't that book amazing...it's almost like the God of the Bible knew what people would be thinking years down the line...that verse was written 2700 years ago.

I can tell you have a couple of spiritual bones in you for you seem to acknowledge a link between the physical and the metaphysical, but without the Holy Spirit of God to give a man discernment, a person can damn their soul.
Another deadly assumption is that if something is spiritual, it must necessarilly be therefore good. Of course, people forget that the devil is a spirit himself.

Luke 11:35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Isaiah 24:21]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join