It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Three-day blitz' plan for Iran

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mantic

Originally posted by The_Coo
Is this just propaganda or will Iran be hit sooner or later?

[edit on 1-9-2007 by The_Coo]

If Iran got it's Borse and (and traded in Euros and Yuan), the US would be finished. Wipe out Iran, kill it's Borse, keep the oil traded in US Currency. The good ole boy's will be happy. They keep Russia and China in check. However, China doesn't like what the US did in Iraq, thats why they played the mortgage market like they did. They hit the heartland hard. They still have big hands to play (as well as the under the table ones they are)

Yuan is weaker then the dollar, the eruos future is less then set... China is completely powerless to do anything etc... It goes on and on.

I havent the time to get into great detail, perhaps another time, but i suggest a thorough read of this.
Dollar to collapse?
blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

All in all I thin the guy is pretty spot on.
Though the future is less then certain. Its no more speculation then yours. (if you wish to call it that)

Heres another one. www.timesonline.co.uk...

and we don't want to go up against an estimated 100 million soldiers.

Where did you pull that estimation out of
Try 2 million.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by West Coast]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
My best conspiracy theory guess is this. The next terrorist attack on a US Embassy or on US soil will get blamed in large part on Iran. This will bring about 3 days of heavy air sorties on Iranian military and government targets. To “bring them to the table” so to speak with regards to the nuclear issue. SF troops will move fast into western Pakistan, backed by Pakistan military forces as a show of “support“. Easy to tie it all up nice and neat and shove it down our throats. As far as being able to afford it, that is laughable. The money for this one has been there for a couple years. Plus wartime production helps with jobs, and patriotism helps with the elections. Bush and Putin probably already have the plans on the table for this next show. So sit back, grab a bag of Cheesy Poofs, a cold beer and let the games begin! Oh and don’t worry about “needing troops” lol…..That comes and a draft will fix that. Need money……ha! Print some more…..Let the DNC deal with the recession after 2008.…. That way we can get Jeb in office for 2012. On and on and on.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Heres my take:

Never underestimate the opposition. It wouldn't suprise me if Iran already has nuclear warheads ready to launch, probably supplied by Russia. Israel is a very small country and if Iran decided to do a pre-emptive strike, it would be leveled almost instantly. US Army would try and fight back but also become surrounded on all fronts by die hard radicals.

It's a war that's never going to end. Even if the US are successful in the initial attack. The seeds of hatred are already sown.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by arclore]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I really hope the evil people that lurk in the white house do not resort to this type of mass murder.

America wake up!!!! You are just one meal away from visiting hell.

Wake up!

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

actualy the pakistani president said to iran it would not take part in any attack or war with iran so you can rule that one out

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast

Originally posted by The_Coo
Is this just propaganda or will Iran be hit sooner or later?

[edit on 1-9-2007 by The_Coo]

If Iran got it's Borse and (and traded in Euros and Yuan), the US would be finished. Wipe out Iran, kill it's Borse, keep the oil traded in US Currency. The good ole boy's will be happy. They keep Russia and China in check. However, China doesn't like what the US did in Iraq, thats why they played the mortgage market like they did. They hit the heartland hard. They still have big hands to play (as well as the under the table ones they are)

Yuan is weaker then the dollar, the eruos future is less then set... China is completely powerless to do anything etc... It goes on and on.

I havent the time to get into great detail, perhaps another time, but i suggest a thorough read of this.
Dollar to collapse?
blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

All in all I thin the guy is pretty spot on.
Though the future is less then certain. Its no more speculation then yours. (if you wish to call it that)

The fourth line is the spoiler in the above page you suggested. 'Unless you count gold'.

Heres another one. www.timesonline.co.uk...

and we don't want to go up against an estimated 100 million soldiers.

Where did you pull that estimation out of
Try 2 million.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by West Coast]

I meant to write 10 million, and I think I got it out of a hat. If there were say, 1 billion Chinese and 10% were available as soldiers and support ... rolling around in Humvee knockoffs and other copied wares.
But even 2 million would be more than enough to do damage, as I am sure they would be well trained, well equipped, well rested, dedicated and loyal. Unlike some certain country over extended militry, who's name I won't mention.

What I write is purely speculation and my own backwards opinion based on my own twisted sense of reality. Just gimme a nano seconds pause for one to speculate. What if...

I

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
The "3 days" will turn into 3 years, then to an uncertain date for troop pull out of Iran. I don't know what Bush is thinking, but we can barely find new recruits to send into Iraq, so what makes him think there are enough soldiers to serve in Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan all at the same time, while protecting US borders as well?

[edit on 2-9-2007 by DJMessiah]

Simple. Just continue to not protect our borders as we have not been doing for years.

That and a draft.

As the old adage goes "Best defense is a scattered, disorganized, demoralized multiple front offense."

Hitler found that out real fast.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Missing the point AGAIN. We arent going to invade Iran so we dont need those types of troop numbers.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The fourth line is the spoiler in the above page you suggested. 'Unless you count gold'.

But "what if", mr. mantic?

The point being, the dollar is not going to collapse. It has depreciated in the past against other world currencies (1970's for instance) and is still around. It has been "Johnny on the spot" for quite a while now. Not to mention there is not enough euros in the world to replace the countless of trillions of dollars. The USD is the worlds 'oil' cash flow at this point. If it collapses so to does the worlds financial system. (everyone loses) Everyone can have there hate filled rhetoric about america. but without it, life can get a whole lot worse and fast.

I meant to write 10 million, and I think I got it out of a hat. If there were say, 1 billion Chinese and 10% were available as soldiers and support ... rolling around in Humvee knockoffs and other copied wares.
But even 2 million would be more than enough to do damage, as I am sure they would be well trained, well equipped, well rested, dedicated and loyal. Unlike some certain country over extended militry, who's name I won't mention.

What I write is purely speculation and my own backwards opinion based on my own twisted sense of reality. Just gimme a nano seconds pause for one to speculate. What if...

I

Actually, "able bodied" (which is a term I use rather loosely in regards to the chinese) china has over 240,000,000 able bodied males (not counting females) that could go on call (ages 18-49). And chinas armed forces are less then armed adequately, trained adequately, etc. Many are malnourished, poorly trained, and ill equipped. And I think you overestimate the 'will' of the chinese. Just imagine the nightmare it would be for china to try to provide logistics for such a massive force. How would china go about providing the basic necessity's such as food, bullets, weaponry, oil, etc. to such a massive force? They wouldn't be able to do so in an uncontested battlefield with uncontested skies, let alone contested ones. (they wouldnt even be able to do it with the current 2 million employed at this time) its a pipe dream. Millions of chinese would be slaughtered.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by West Coast]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ok, so we supposedly have spy satelite images of their hidden installations, and "black ops" on the ground.

Isn't that what they said about Iraq (I know they're 2 very different situations, however Iraq was an interesting event that exposed how much our military really doesn't know about anything.)

They think they know where things are, they'll probably get about 10% of the targets if they really get anything.

I love the USA, but it seems like something happened to our leaders and our military. They really couldn't win anything these days. They're all too rapt up in politics and enjoying their priviledged lifestyles.

I don't have much faith in anything our country can do these days. (Our troops are heroes and the best in the world, however I am speaking about the people who run our country and run the military, they have no idea what they're doing anymore.

Couldn't win our way out of a paper bag, unless it was extremely easy like moving your tanks into Baghdad when you have absolutely no opposing army to contend with, then yes we could win things like that these days. It would have to be done before the weekend however when the masses start to get bored and demand it end, otherwise quagmire, Vietnam, etc.

But, all of our failures will be spun as successes now.

It's a sad state because the news media has become more like tabloid news. There's more interest about Brittney and K-Fed then there ever is about N. Korea or Iran. Further dumbing down the cattle (us, we've become the cattle).

As long as we keep buying stuff (buying goods, keeping the malls filled) the govt. doesn't care too much about anything.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I also thought of that from the moment they surrounded Iran with "the take over" of Iraq and Afghanistan.
But like the prince of peace said, no boots are going to walk on Iran soil. If it will be a 3 day air raid only , then how secure are NATO and US troops in a possible hostage situation with Iran?
I think in the long term its all about the Caspian Sea and its resources, people long before in the '90 already warned that such a place could be the final standoff between the US russia/CHina, a global conflict..
Interesting to see is now the plans for attacking are finished where are we now on the "open"diplomatic path?, important for the represenation that diplomatic ways are exhausted and war is imminent.
Before Iraq we had two resolutions as a result of the first gulf war, the final resolution was 1441, the resolution to go the war..
Now for Iran we've already had 1696, 1737 and 1747, the last wich was rejected as well by Iran. I dont think Bush/CHeney need another one[maybe one], like CHeney said the media must be mobilized for war and propably all current arguments are getting milked dry..three months at the most

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Foppezao]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
G'day fella's,

Ive posted the following information before on other threads relating to the Iran situation so some of you may have seen it before.

it comes from the investigative journalist Joe Vialls and documents how Russia under Putin has armed Iran and Syria with the S-300 missiles.

I just think its some food for thought in relation to a possible (more likely probable) attack on Iran and just to raise the alertness here on what potential ramifications of such an assault might be towards the USA.

www.vialls.com...

None of this appalling 'One World Government' and corruption went unnoticed in Moscow, where for more than a decade senior officials have been quietly organizing the asymmetric destruction of the monstrous Zionist 'Empire', by carefully placing key strategic and tactical military assets around the globe, in countries potentially vulnerable to the oligarchs.
Mostly this Russian (and Chinese) activity went unnoticed in the west, and where the oligarchs did ctually notice, they sneered scornfully and failed to respond, because they had come to believe their own propaganda that Russian and Chinese weapon systems were 'second rate'.
By mid-2004 it was too late to respond meaningfully, because it was suddenly announced that Russia, China, India and Brazil had formally entered into the most powerful coalition on the face of the earth, literally surrounding both America and the Jewish State with a lethal ring of sophisticated weapons.
At the same time, smaller informal coalitions were formed at the boundaries, with the most ominous (for America), being the sub coalition between Brazil, Venezuela and Cuba. Across in the Eastern Hemisphere, a second sub coalition was formed between Iran, Syria, India and China. Within a few months, every main and sub coalition sovereign nation had been armed with weapons easily capable of destroying the awesome portable firepower of both America and the Jewish State.

Putin is also the man who helped to direct the rearmament of Iran and Syria so skillfully, and with such esoteric weaponry, that only a complete idiot would try to attack either country. So, in the Eastern Hemisphere, the Jewish invaders of Palestine are now surrounded, apart from the Mediterranean in the west, which is a convenient back door through which most will be allowed to flee, when the time comes for blind panic.

At the tactical level, these weapons are equally useful. American foreign policy has been getting dangerously close to Iran and Syria during the last two years, and both sovereign states are now equipped with either Sunburn or Onyx, both of which are nuclear capable. So if America is stupid enough to attack Iran, it will almost certainly lose at least one Carrier battle group in the Persian Gulf to these unstoppable weapons, making the odds too high.
In like manner, if the Jewish State is stupid enough to attack Syria, it can expect to lose most of greater Tel Aviv and probably Haifa as well. The problem is that a desperate Jewish State on the hind foot, might decide to go nuclear, and direct its 'requisitioned' stock of American atomic weapons against both Syria and Iran. Clearly, defensive Sunburns and Onyxs would be of no use at all in such a crazed doomsday scenario.

Theres more info in that above linked article which is very informative.

Just makes you wonder if the US knows what Iran and/or Syria posses in their weapons inventory (which Im sure they would ahve a good idea off), thou who else would get involved in this is another question.

If US attacks Iran, no doubt Syria would be thinking that that is confirmation they are next and would launch a pre-emptive war immediately against Israel, it would probably be their only chance and risk getting in before Israel launches nukes at them. Either way, Syria will go down either sooner or later.

This will get very ugly, very quickly. Many will die on both side both short term and long term, and lets no forget about the environmental damage done with such a large "shock and awe" bombing campaign with depleted uranium raining down over south eastern asia brought up via the bombing, and other chemicals and dust particles in the air aswell.

Everybody is a looser in this discussed scenario. Oil is not worth the result of what is coming.

Humanity is the big looser for we have not yet reached the level of having a concious or morals to the point where we evict our leaders for misrepresenting us to this far reaching point.

They are not leading us for our interests, but those of their own and corporations....all for the dollar......and that dollar will destroy our civilisation in the long term.

Uprising against our leaders is needed and reinstating a leader who shall govern for the people, by the people!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by arclore

If Iran launched one missile at Israel then Israel or the U.S. would shoot it down then Iran would be wiped out completely. Russia and China wont do squat. The U.S. Would and could stop any moves by the Russians or anyone else.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Coo

I think its just all propaganda and Psychological warfare. (PSYWAR) (en.wikipedia.org...) They are trying to poke the "wasp hive" to get a reaction, so that they easily have a basis for an attack. I seriously hope for their sake that this is all a game and they never attack.

Iran is NOT IRAQ!! How many times do I have to say this? Search Iran in the CIA fact book and you will see exactly how big of a difference there is. Iran has a pop of 70 million people, and 16 million men & women are healthy and ready for war. You think they will just stand by while this is all happening? Well say goodbye to Israel if this does go ahead.. because that's the first country that will feel suffer the consequences.

And we all know how fond the neo-cons are of Israel and vice versa. And if they decide to use Nuclear weapons, there will be condemnation and and absolute outrage from so many Islamic nations, and other non-Muslim nations also. Terrorists will double in numbers and in strength, and will spread to American cities. Hezbollah will fire non-stop rockets into Israel again, while Iran fires all its Shahab-5 and Shahab-6 missiles at the same time. But what ever happens, be rest assured that America will become weaker and weaker as the days go by.

It actually has been written and talked about in many of the Holy books! "She shall burn from the east to the west, within an hour" now whether this means: Fires, Nuclear war, Volcanoes.. I don't know.. What I do know, is that mother nature is stronger than us, and any of these catastrophes is a very real possibility. So God Bless Iran and God Help America. Thats all I can say for now. For the time being, I will sit back and watch cautiously not holding my breathe for anything that is going to happen. I will put my trust and loyalty in God, for what ever He wishes, will happen. Regardless whether we like it or not. Well you might want to check out this page, I found it interesting. (www.angelfire.com...) The Baha'i faith has alot of information if you know where / and what to search. The truth is really out there, its just waiting to be exposed...

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Hmmm... such ignorance/arrogance combined with confidence, never got the U.S government anywhere... I don't think it will get you anywhere either Sky Watcher... You seriously think, that Russia and China wont do squat?? Why, just because they are not superpowers? They got more power and might at the time being than you would believe, you would be very, very surprised what technological advancements have been made by these countries over the past 10 to 20 years. Did you know Russia has a Nuclear bomb 8 times stronger than that of America's? And this was created in the 1960's if I remember correctly.. (Video is on you tube: www.youtube.com...) Have you heard of China's increasing air and sea capabilities? Their economy has certainly grown. So you think that these other powerful countries will always sit there, while America rapes other countries of their resources and their dignity? How long do you think this will go on for? Russia and China are just sitting quietly and patiently to see what bush and his special neo-con friends will do next...For his sake, I seriously hope he stays well away from the oil fields in Iran..

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I have to say, if this is true, I fear it.

Yeah, this will weaken Iran, but Syria, Iraq, Lebanon and other Arab nations will explode. This has the potential to lead to a war between Israel and Syria, which could suck the US into another ground war.

The Middle East will become a bloodbath.

wherever Bush is involved in war, it will be a mess lol

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by infinite

France has even warned that it's willing to bomb Iran.

We are already on the warpath.

Then if this does happen the US better have a major coalition backing them because going it alone would be a major tactical error. And have the blessing of most other major world powers.

is Britain always behind the US?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Where do people come up with Nazis?

If we were the freaking Nazis all the Sunnis and Shias in Iraq would of been exterminated in Death Camps. We would of already invaded Syria, Lebanon and Iran. We would of invaded Mexico and Canada. The Illegal Immigrants would of been exterminated. The military would of razed New Orleans after Katrina and exterminated the people there. Exterminated millions where ever we went. Invaded Pakistan and killed millions. We would of nuked North Korea. On top of that we wouldnt even be having this conversation if we were Nazis. The Gestapo would be at your house dragging you and your family out it to be exterminated. That is if you live in the US.

Thats what Nazis do.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Russia and China have armies that might be able to match the US conventionally, but they don't have nearly enough resource to fund them.

Both countries are rising economic powers. If they directly enter into a war with the U.S., they would have to go back to being a collapsed ex-super power and a third world nation.

China doesn't have the force projection to come over here and attack us on our home turf. Russia has a single aircraft carrier, and I don't think they'd risk losing it by sending it to attack the U.S.

They could send their armies to Iran over land and by air, sending troops and aircraft to help them. By the time they mobilize, deploy, and arrive in Iran it'll be too late to save them and we'll be done there.

They could discreetly fund Iran's forces in the war, similar to what we did against the Soviets in Afghanistan. But that would only help Iran in a long, drawn-out ground war where funding a long-term defense of their country would be difficult to do alone.

They could roll into Iran after the fact, and from there start staging attacks on U.S. forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. This is the only option they might have any chance of accomplishing anything with, their combined forces against just us would almost certainly push us out of the region.

But that plan also has its drawbacks, the big one being that kicking us out would mean they'd inherit our quagmire. Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan would all demand that THEY stick around and rebuild their countries for them while they go on three month vacations and try to kill each other. And what happens if they refuse, and just leave them in disarray to fend for themselves? Well, the power vacuum would be at their own back door, not ours.

The only option China and Russia would have would be to nuke us, get nuked back by us, then get nuked by Europe, so right before the US, China, and Russia were destroyed, they'd nuke Europe back. Pakistan and India would nuke each other and Israel would nuke everything that moved. It'd be a good day to live in the southern hemisphere. At any rate, even in China where they supposedly don't value human life, nobody wants to be the ruler of a radioactive wasteland so I really don't think nukes would come into play.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
So let's look at Iran's options. Three days have passed and we've obliterated their airports, manufacturing plants, army bases, and infrastructure. A large number of their tanks and troops are wiped out as well, but let's say for the sake of argument they still have a good 80% of those forces remaining.

They could start their retaliation by shooting missiles at our bases in Iraq and Afghanistan, and ships in the sea, which we can shoot down. Some targets may be hit, but most will likely not be. Besides, only a fraction of our forces are actually in that region at any given time.

They could also fire missiles at U.S. bases and targets in the rest of the Middle East. Despite America being the target, the actual countries Iran would be bombing would be its own neighbors in the region, and public opinion would be turned against both American *and* Iran as a result. Such a move would be a horrible choice for a country which wants to be the dominant political power in its region.

They could fire a bunch of missiles at Israel. This would give the U.S. a strong argument to give Europe to get involved, which probably would lead to a ground invasion. Maybe America can't spare the ground forces to occupy Iran, but the combined forces of Europe probably could. Israel would be devastated, but it's not like they're good for anything except helping us make enemies. Besides, they're used to explosions.

They could amass their remaining ground forces and send them over to invade Iraq or Afghanistan. With no air support and limited artillery back-up, they probably wouldn't make it to the first major city without being wiped out by American bombers. One MOAB can kill a loooottttt of people.

They could shut off their oil, none of which goes to us and therefor would affect their own trading partners and close friends much sooner (and more significantly) than it would affect us. Of course our oil costs would rise, as oil is a world market, but for Iran it would be at the cost of its own diplomatic relations with the countries supporting it. With that weakened support base, Iran might find it impossible to rebuild its infrastructure and military to any degree. Not to mention, they woulnd't have any *money* if they shut off their oil, which would DEFINATELY hinder their recovery effort.

Their most devastating option would be to take a larger and more direct role in the insurgency, which would make them look like terrorists trying to destabilize Iraq. While this would probably be effective, all it would do for their cause is kill people they hate. Helping America lose the war in Iraq, at this point, would make about as much sense as helping the Japanese lose the American Civil War.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join