It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Three-day blitz' plan for Iran

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
For me the invasion of Iraq and the planned annexing of Iran are linked. I don't see the invasion of Iraq as necessary regime change. Nor do I think the motives for the invasion were any less than completely financial and political. I think the US is a bully on a global scale, and Iran is the latest poor kid in the playground to be unlucky enough to be on their radar. What america wants america gets it seems. Usually by force.
Is it so hard to imagine america desiring complete control over the middle east's oil supplies?
I heard Iraq was about to do a deal with France for exclusive rights to the oil just before the glorious liberation began in Gulf War II - the sequel...
I don't care if it's Nazi Germany in 1939 or the usa in 2007, a warmongering bully is still that and completely morally wrong. How long before Victor Chavez dies in a mysterious accident?
How long before Castro is recognised as one of the great leaders of the 20th century? Controversial maybe but look at his record!

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Provide the proof that they are making nuclear weapons. All that has been presented as evidence of a nuclear weapons programme is speculation.

How about YOU provide the proof the Iran is NOT making nuclear weapons. On what evidence are you basing your assertions? Are you simply taking the word of Aminanutjob?

Also, exactly what would you consider proof? I hope it is not a mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv or London.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by itguysrule]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If a mushroom cloud falls over colorado i will agree with you computer man,untill then the only madman who could use nukes is the racist religious madman who YOU sad people have written a blank cheque over the years

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There is MUCH more evidence pointing towards Iran wanting nukes than them not wanting them so as an above poster mentioned, prove to me that Iran is not trying to makes nukes. They already have a clandestine program so from there you are going to have to show me a lot of concrete evidence that Iran is not trying to build a bomb.

I dont think folks would worry so much if Iran had a bomb if the leadership wasnt so freaking radical and just plain DUMB. Just listen to the vitriole that is spit by Ahkmanutjob. Yeah thats really a regime we would like to see with nukes.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
What would happen if Iran had nuclear weapons?

Oh, did N. Korea ever fully shut down their reactor when they got their money? I haven't heard anything more about this, just that their money was released and they started to shut it down?

That guy Hill, seems like the hardest working guy in the Bush admin. Looked like he almost pulled it off a couple of times before.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yeah its been all over the news. N Korea shut down the reactor and has been alowing unfettered access to the facilities. They should be a model for the Iranians. Now the N Koreans get to eat and they can quit starving their people and they also dont have to worry about war anymore.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
N Korea did the same thing when Clinton gave them money as well.
It's all a show.
The next idiot president will have to deal with their tantrums as well.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the input Melbourne_Militia.

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
By the end of the next 2 week period this will explode, our fuel prices will almost double overnight. There will be panic buying of fuel everywhere as people will expect supplies to quickly dwindle.

Personally I believe that price spikes that would accompany a war would be largely related to gouging, and I think they've realized that they really can't take us for much more than 4.50 a gallon unless they can provoke the US government to suspend gasoline excises.

Driving us into a collapse really isn't the most profitable option unless the goal is not to gain wealth but to begin a depopulation/power conslidation regime.

I rule out that kind of spike from legitimate fear for the simple reason that the battle of Khafji represented a more serious threat than the current situation, and the spikes still weren't quite as severe as what we're talking about now. (At the time of the Iraqi attack on Khafji, it was not known that the gulf war would be a cake walk, and had the Iraqis won at Khafji, they would have secured an extremely large share of Saudi Arabia's oil.)

Why cant we all just get along????????

I say this in good nature and mean no offense, but when people suggest that we can all get along I sometimes wonder if they've ever met a human, much less an American.

Humans are extremely aggressive animals, and Americans are better at it than most. Off the top of my head I can name 21 nations we've attacked in 231 years, not counting native Americans, sponsored coups, proxy wars, repeats, covert operations, or American freebooters. When you factor in repeats alone we average better than 1 war every decade.
And people are honestly asking if we have the capacity to get along?

Don't get me wrong, for all of America's imperfections (which are not ours alone), in our finer hours there aren't many better friends to have or many better places to call home- I'm not gonna get on that whole "greatest nation" kick, I'm just saying you won't catch me packing my bags.
But that being said, if there was a guy in my town with a record like America's, if I ever saw him around, I'd start swinging and just assume that it was self defense.

How would I handle the situation?
I think if America wants to get out of this without firing a shot, it has got to be willing to be more belligerent than usual actually. It sounds funny, but hear me out.

If you talk a good fight to a little guy who's got a big friend with him, his friend will try and back you down. If you swing on the little guy, his friend will hit you back.
The only thing giving the little guy the ability to start trouble is the support of someone stronger, and that supporter is usually acting on the assumption that he won't get hurt. This means that he believes you will either back down, or hit his friend, and if you hit his friend, he's gonna hit you, and he's starting with the upper hand.
The key to the situation is to make it clear that the only way for the supporter not to get hurt is to not support any belligerent action by his friend.
You ignore the little guy and you ask the big guy if he's really feeling froggish or if he just wants to protect his friend, and voila, the cards are all on the table and the facilitator of the whole conflict now sees a vested interest in deescalating the situation.

America's play here is to threaten Russia and China, and offer them a way out. You two are enabling Iran, you two are the root of the problem America is facing, and if Iran wants to dance, it's you two who are gonna have to pay the fiddler.
Now instead of all three of us destroying eachother's economies and risking a nuclear war, how about the three of us agree to a complete embargo of both Israel and Iran until both nations have disarmed and admitted inspectors, at which point we will be willing to sign non-aggression pacts with Iran, Russia, and China which include both a promise from Iran never to attack Israel and a promise from the United States, Russia, and China to defend Iran against any Israeli aggression.

You can have peace, or you can have war- there is no third option, no acceptable losses, no proxy war, no limited warfare- I'm offering you what you want on reasonable terms, and I'm willing to fight if you insist on unreasonable terms. Sleep on it and call me tomorrow.

It's not as if we've never sat down with the Russians before and talked turkey (with a capital T somtimes). It was tense but it worked during the cuban missile crisis. Somehow America has forgotten both the importance of incentives and the importance of addressing consequences to the truely responsible party.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels2006
If a mushroom cloud falls over colorado i will agree with you computer man,untill then the only madman who could use nukes is the racist religious madman who YOU sad people have written a blank cheque over the years

I imagine any mushroom cloud anywhere is going to have a seriously adverse affect on our lovely little "chats."

Back on the main topic - I think the US experience in Iraq has shown that "nation building" in the Middle East doesn't work. It worked pretty well in Europe and Japan after WWII but that was a completely different time and set of circumstances. With that in mind, you can bet that no US politician or General has any intention of sending a large ground force into Iran. You will see nothing but air power and it will probably be a total surprise.

It is entirely possible for the US Air Force and Navy to pretty much destroy anything of military value in Iran in 3 days or less. Iranian ground forces would have no chance against cluster bombs and a lot of other weapons the US has not widely used up until now in an attempt to minimize civilian casualties. As someone stated earlier in this tread, any attack on Iran will be totally different than Iraq.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Does anyone here, who is more knowledgable, know what would happen if Iran had a nuclear weapon? What could they do?

Won't they all get nukes eventually anyway? I thought about this, and thought eventually the USA won't be able to keep everyone who wants nukes from getting them.

We'll probably have to become friends with everyone. I can't understand why the US's policy is not to talk to your perceived enemies. Remember when Reagan went to Russia? Wasn't he advised not to go? He was a great man.

(Oh and what about all of the military installations Iran has that we don't know about? Aren't some of them underground, in mountains?) We won't be able to get everything and Iran has had a lot (A LOT) of time to prepare for this if it does happen.)

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Iran's leadership has been making very bold and aggressive statements in case you havent heard. Who knows exactly what they would do with the bomb, but that is not a chance we can afford to take given their vile rhetoric. I mean look how they treat their own citizens.

No, every country out there wont go nuclear if the world community doesnt let it happen. Iran is a case in point. You are now watching a country trying to go nuclear and you are also witnessing world reaction to it. I guess we'll see how it plays out in ther end and you can use that model for any aspiring countries out there.

That being said, im sure there are some nations out there who would be allowed to become nuclear by the world community if they did everything in a transparant manner right off the bat and if the government in that country was not full of radicals. Iran has shot themselevs in the foot becuase their leadership is so STUPID.

Iran could have their nuclear technology as could any other copuntry if they go about it in a responsible manner. You dont hide the program for 20 years and then all of a sudden claim it to be for peaceful purposes once its discovered. Just stupid. Plain stupid.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by itguysrule

here you guys go again america would crush iran in 3 days look at israel agianst hezbollah israel owned the skies and had massive fire power over hezbollah yet they still failed not even a army of that strenght could destroy the well dug in troops.

iran has wacthed how the americans bombed iraq and there dependance on airpower and i am sure they will not go down without the biggest fight america will have actualy i hope america loses so they get it (buh) in his head that no one wants you to be the cop on the bloc and dont think of attacking another country for your oil etc

who gives your country the right to play the cop!!

[edit on 3-9-2007 by manzoor]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

After reading you post with so many starts I didn't need to get into anything else.

You are right my friend, but everything you mention in your post is the dream of the profiteers of war come true.

That plays exactly into their hands, more billions upon billions supporting the fake stabilization of the middle east.

Great post Vitchilo

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Some of you need English lessons if you are going to be posting on an English read website, but that is a topic for another day.

The more i read on this site it seems like there are just a bunch of jealous anti-american folks out there who are hate seeing us be on top and hate seeing that your own little pathetic wussy countries cant do anything to stop us or stop us from policing the world and upholding moral stands on this planet. If we have to do it by force, then so be it, but it WILL be done. No other countries are (or able) to step up to the plate and keep things on the up and up on so until someone does, deal with it!!! Sh!t or get off the pot and do something out there then if you guys dont like what the US is doing. Put your money where your mouth is.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I just posted about this is a fresh thread, forgot about this one and was in a hurry to post. I live in Nebraska out in the country we saw the fleets of bombers the night the US launched shock and awe.

My roomate, friend, and I all just witnessed a quick five minute flurry of formations similiar to what I saw the night of shock and awe.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by manzoor
reply to post by itguysrule

here you guys go again america would crush iran in 3 days look at israel agianst hezbollah israel owned the skies and had massive fire power over hezbollah yet they still failed not even a army of that strenght could destroy the well dug in troops.

iran has wacthed how the americans bombed iraq and there dependance on airpower and i am sure they will not go down without the biggest fight america will have actualy i hope america loses so they get it (buh) in his head that no one wants you to be the cop on the bloc and dont think of attacking another country for your oil etc

who gives your country the right to play the cop!!

First off Mr. Manzoor, America, is not just any ordinary country. America is the new "Rome". Make not mistake about that Mr.manzoor.
It is an Empire. and like every great empire, they get there nose into everyone else's business, with everyone else completely powerless to stop them.

Every conflict is different. Trying to compare conflict between israel and hezbollah (gorilla warfare) compared to conventional warfare is apples to oranges mr.manzoor.

The US wants to take out Irans capabilities to project a conventional war. This is where America stands alone (no one comes close to projecting and orchestrating a conventional war, better then america) And, if a war does break out, do not expect to see Irans conventional forces to last long. They will be squashed rather quickly.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by West Coast]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Prince of Peace, 'why do we keep drawing comparisons between Iraq and Iran'?
Because we were told we had to keep the problem from becoming a 'mushroom cloud' ala condiugly rice. That's why.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38

(Oh and what about all of the military installations Iran has that we don't know about? Aren't some of them underground, in mountains?) We won't be able to get everything and Iran has had a lot (A LOT) of time to prepare for this if it does happen.)

We have some pretty neat, reliable spy sat imagery, along with black ops on the ground (just an assumption) Im sure they have a pretty good idea of the general layout of all irans 'hidden goodies'. As for the underground 'bunkers', the US developed, or was in the process of developing not long ago, a 30,000lb bunker busting smart bomb that could be deployed on a B2 stealth bomber.

Heres some more about that specific bomb.

U.S. Outfitting B-2's with Monster Bunker Buster Bombs - Iran May Be Target
archive.newsmax.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
One thing to remember is we play by set rules of engagement, now I know many will say otherwise, but we do, and even Israel does to a point. If we didn’t we could be like Saddam or Stalin and just kill every man between the age of 14 and 70, and anyone else who just happened to get in the way.

Those that we fight do not have any rules other than to kill at any cost. This might take all their humanity away but it does give them a great advantage, and to fight an asymmetrical war where one side has no rules is not good. No one on the face of the earth would fight us in a toe to toe war for no one could beat us even to the point of life as we know it ceased to exist. This is why we will not invade Iran for we will just go deeper into an asymmetrical war against a fresh new crop of extremist who do not have any rules.

This means we have just three choices, one is to sit back and let them self-destruct, two, is to do very limited tactical airstrikes on just key targets (like the nuke program) or three, go Genghis Khan on them, and I do not see us willing to do number three, but that would be the only way to assure a complete victory in a asymmetrical war with no rules.

So this means that we will just sit back and let them spout off all they want and let time do them in.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Xtrozero]

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
Is this just propaganda or will Iran be hit sooner or later?

[edit on 1-9-2007 by The_Coo]

If Iran got it's Borse and (and traded in Euros and Yuan), the US would be finished. Wipe out Iran, kill it's Borse, keep the oil traded in US Currency. The good ole boy's will be happy. They keep Russia and China in check. However, China doesn't like what the US did in Iraq, thats why they played the mortgage market like they did. They hit the heartland hard. They still have big hands to play (as well as the under the table ones they are) and we don't want to go up against an estimated 100 million soldiers. The US cant bring nukes into play, heck nobody can. Our buddies can't have us throwing the earth off orbit and messing up the sun's balance. etc etc.

So Iran's gotta go, cuz of the nukes.

Yet Nukes have nothing to do with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join