It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Delegates prevented from vote in Texas straw poll

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Just wanted to make a general statement. My stay here on ATS has really been very educational. I've learned a lot from you folks. Although I have been of voting age for quite some time now, I have NEVER exercised my right to vote. I was of the opinion that it didn't matter who was in office, that things never really changed. You heard people B*&$ing no matter.
I will say this; since Ron Paul has appeared on the scene, my opinions have changed. Maybe he really can't change anything. But I love his heart for wanting to. I will be going to the polls, and I WILL be voting this election.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

boy you would think that with all the strong IQ holders here they would see the big picture.

If I have to spell it out for you then there is something wrong.

Yes this was a non government event, and yes no civil rights were violated.

The big picture is perception.

Who ever shows strength in these mock elections gets the nomination. By allowing some to vote and others not to, puts a spin on that very perception.

The perception that Texas did not vote for Ron Paul was the spin the GOP was going for, and it was a powerful one.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by acmeartifacts

No.

The point of this all was to prove that Ron Paul supporters were being suppressed at the Texas GOP Straw Poll. According to Ron Paul's own website this event was a success. Not only did he finish third, he accumulated more donations than the Texas GOP raised for itself. And unnofficial events such as this are essentially fund raisers. I'd say that shows his strength right there.

There were specific rules about who can vote in this poll. If they don't have rules about who can vote any Democrat, anarchist, or illegal alien can show up and skew the results. Not only that, but looking around the Paul campaign website a little more, they even go so far as to say this:

Note: Must have been a Delegate or Alternate Delegate to at least one of the last 4 Republican State Conventions (2000, 2002, 2004 or 2006) or one of the last 2 Republican National Conventions (2000 or 2004) to vote in the straw poll.

Really, what this looks like is misinformed people crying foul because the rules weren't bent for Ron Paul. Which I'm sure really thrills Dr. Paul and the people running his campaign.

Instead of celebrating the fact that 16 percent of already proven staunch GOP members in Texas are voting for Paul...not to mention newcomers, Democrats and independents (that's a coup in my book); we're arguing a non-issue even Ron Paul himself hasn't raised.

EDIT:

Added a sentence.

[edit on (9/4/0707 by PistolPete]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
What you say makes perfect sense. I still stick to my point of perception. Perception in the media is the factor that Ron Paul has been denied. He has said it him self many times.
The media has reported on this straw poll and it has been in favor of Duncan (who) Hunter and Fred ( ding ding ) Thompson. If perception is being based converting 17% of Bush supporters, then we would have seen a media report to that effect. So my point of perception is very much valid.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Well, the perception only lasts as long as it is not exposed to sunlight, just like early morning fog. It would not be in RP's interests for his supporters to prolong this perception, since when the facts are presented, it only makes it look like a case of sour grapes.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well, I think that they made it so difficult on purpose, sort of like when you win something if you don't dot all your I's and cross all your T's you lose. Thats what they did with this straw poll, even as Ron Pauls web site said. HOWEVER if you paid $50 bucks to vote and had the proof nobody should have been turned away.

Unless people ignored the rules of already being a Republican as per there
requirements that were listed.

Nobody would disagree that democracy should not be hard where people are made to jump through hoops just to vote, so that it's confusing and the wheels fall off in the whole process.

Then again maybe thats what they want. I almost think that the GOP would rather have Hillary take 2008 than Ron Paul, if that is the case then America is really screwed. American Democracy RIP 20 __!

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The GOP is going to do what ever it can to supress Ron Paul as a candidate for the election.

For more proof of this see my thread here.

The important thing is to remember that no matter what happens between now and election day ... WRITE IN Ron Paul on the ballot.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
How do you do a write in on a DIE-BOLD?! I'm afraid that if i try to vote for Ron Paul, the machine will explode. Or worse, it will transform into a terminator and stab me through the heart with that liquid metal #!

Then it will state; "Error #42, hanging chad!"

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Maybe the UN should send independent observers over-watching all elections in the USA

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Just So everyone knows, I just got interviewed by the Associated Press. They are doing a story on this.
Lets keep our fingers crossed that it gets some attention.
Rob

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

WOW the AP I am impressed, not. Why didn't they get called when it happened or did you have to make up more fake evidence?

The is no conspiracy, but I do see the incompetance of a select few who did not know how to follow directions.

Oh and staging the whole thing at a side entrance was a hoot. ONly fools would do that but I assume that is already known.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
here is the AP news story
www.mysanantonio.com...

Rob

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
After reading his site, watching the debate, and speaking with friends, I have come to realize that keeping RP out of the 2008 election is a GOOD thing. He is 100 percent out of his mind.
Good God, who in the hell would elect this nut job to ANY office??

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Allot of us will.
Show me your candidate and lets see what I can say about him.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by acmeartifacts]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
this was a joke, a clear slap in the face of democracy.again.
what else.
NOT a communication breakdown.that what the´winners´like to say, after.

its time, high time.
what do we know what they plan next?

do you want another Florida hoax?

vote for your rights, get involved.
direct democracy, guys. germany and other countries have made very good experience.

threefolding.org.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan
Maybe the UN should send independent observers over-watching all elections in the USA

I'm with you on that! They were requested in 2004, but were not allowed access to the polls. Any independent observers would have to be from another country. I don't think there are many independent observers here.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Its funny how this never makes media attention- yet voting online clearly shows ron paul is winning. Theres no-one in this race that I trust but Ron Paul...everyone else has ties in with the corrupted people in our "government" if thats what you want to call it. If hillary wins (which she definitely wont) I'll be the first to off myself. There is clear voter fraud and intervention here...yes it's illegal but only the people are noticing it- no media attention is given and any given is turned away. The media is poison to freedom. It tells you what to think or believe and this election is depending on that. Unfortunately we're all tired of this crap and its safe to say that if we have another term like the past two- there probably will be a civil war.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
If this happened in Australia their would be hell to pay, the people of America need to stop being puppets to the government and stand up for your rights.

I found that security guard funny as hell, he clearly has no understanding of the laws he is payed to enforce. It is an educational/informational story and therefore doesn't need a release form to be signed in order to publish it..

Originally posted by cavscout

So what do we do when they wont let us run a candidate anymore?

What do we do when they don’t let us pick governs us?

What recourse do we have?

Ask yourself what happens when its all over and he does get blatantly pushed out of the race.

Second Amendment: declares "a well regulated militia" as "necessary to the security of a free State", and as explanation for prohibiting infringement of "the right of the People to keep and bear arms."

You take your country back the only way you can.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join