Originally posted by 0xxCAMOGUYxx0
i'm sorry to if i offend anyone with my opinion.
i am a firm believer in jesus christ and the bible.
so yes i'm a christian. not to offend anyone of other
religious beliefs. anyways... i dont believe in these-
prophecies. none of them. not just this one. the bible
says: that no one knows when the end of the world
will be. only God knows. so there. that is my opinion.
I totally agree with you (not that I'm trying to anger anyone that does believe in the 2012 stuff.)
Here are my thoughts on the issue...
1. Are the current times really
as bad as we make of them, or does the media play a large factor in how we think about things? There's an
old quote from about 2,000 years back (I forget who it was by, but I'm sure you've all came across it), it talks about how the person who wrote
'cannot believe' how the youth in his society is and he wonders how bad things will continue to get. That was over 2,000 years ago!
2. The Mayans/Hopis/Aztecs (or whoever) never predicted anything for this date, now did they? Not that I've come across at least. All it is is
when their calendar ends and starts up again like it does every year. As far as I know, any predictions or "end of world" scenarios are all made up
by people not connected to the actual calendars.
3. Why wasn't anyone concerned about 2012 in 1998/99? I suppose some people knew about the whole Mayan calendar thing, but for the most part
everyone was sh*tting their pants off thinking it would all end in '99 or '00. There was even a TLC commercial I vaguely remember that asked "are
you ready?" and it showed a guy in a bunker type room with a bunch of canned food. Now everyone is paranoid about 2012 because nothing happened at
the turn of the last century, after 2012 is said and done with what's next?
4. Everyone says "it will not be the end, but the beginning" or "our consciousness will change." I've been skimming tons of stuff about 2012
since about 2004, and I have yet to understand how 6,600,000,000+ people (including infants, elderly people, and even people in comatose states) can
simultaneously have a new or "more aware" consciousness.
5. If the Mayans (or whoever) had never "found this out", would the majority of you even have a clue that 2012 was to be a normal year like any
6. Human beings have been around for approximately 1 million years or more. How is it possible we're all here today if this supposed cursed Mayan
thing happens every 26,000 years to everyone on the whole planet?
Sorry to rain on your parade 2012-believers, I'm not criticizing the whole 2012 thing "just to do it". It's just that I see hardly any relevance
to it and "the end of the world" or whatever you want to call it. I believe that there is no connection from time to the universe, actually, time
doesn't even exist. Time was invented by humans for organizational purposes, it has no correlation to the universe and visa versa. Anything that
has a set time has the capability of being completely botched, and that applies especially to predictions that have no or little factual evidence
behind them. Oh well, just my two cents. I plan on being here another 50+ full rotations of the earth (or 'years' as we time-inventing humans call
them), I'm not going to let some 'date' ruin the next five years of my life as if it's some countdown or something.