It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you older members get ticked when us newbies butt in on your conversations?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
You know one of the great things about the Internet? The ability to draw from a truly global pool of sources and information and individuals.

And one of my favorite things about on-line forums (fora...whatever) in general is you can be selective in what you pay attention to without feeling guilty about hurting anyone's feelings.

The 21st century version of a neighborhood pub, only with a significantly greater magnitude of participants. And non participation isn't going to get you called out for being anti social. Usually.

Anonymity can be a great thing. When you're only known by an avatar, a made up name, and what you post, it's a little difficult (for me) to take anything personally.

So have at it, jump in, and speak up.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Get mad? Heck no!
I encourage you and EVERYONE else to join in on the dicussions here. I was new once too.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hey, I'm pretty new here, less than a year by some months, and I post a lot. I'm one of those older noobes (senior noobe?) that doesn't have a lot to do, so I'm on often.

I've been smacked around a time or two, but that's the game, it's how we learn to do things the right way. (My friend Lex remembers putting me in place, I'm sure.
) As was stated earlier, don't be easily hurt. This is a rough and tumble place at times.

But if you're sure you have it right, don't be afraid to defend your viewpoint! Be polite, but you have as much right to have a viewpoint as the most senior member here. Nobody has a monopoly on the truth. BUT, if you're shown a new way of seeing things, proven wrong, then don't be afraid to change your mind and switch positions either. That's what learning is.

If someone can show me where I'm wrong on something, then I'm the one who gained the most out of the exchange. That's how we deny ignorance.

Welcome, and have fun.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I encourage more people to join in on conversations. What really grinds my gears though are people who jump in the conversation speaking like a 12 year old on MSN. I mean if you see a good debate by all means jump in. All I stress is that you should do some research before posting. If you have a question ask away, but if you come in to a post knowing a little about the subject then please do some research before anything.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm not too sure, but i think a large amount of the problem comes from expecting to be answered.

It's difficult, if you're just posting to express your opinion, that's fine - but if you want to discuss something you need to say so, otherwise people are going to be afraid of hurting your feelings by disagreeing with your opinion.

Otherwise, i think the people here are very welcoming to new ideas, even if they might not be entirely new.

Remember, just because someone has heard it before, doesn't mean that everyone has.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Occurs, i never get sick of your posts, Marg!!!

I love ya!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I need all the *butt in's* I can get on my threads.

Feel free to butt in anytime!

There was only one member who ever gave me a bad time.

Guess what? He's long banned. Must of Bad Mouthed a Mod.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join