Do you older members get ticked when us newbies butt in on your conversations?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I just wondered if you guys get annoyed when new members like me reply to your threads so I can know if I should do it or not. Even though I'm new here, I know a fair amount of info about some of the topics, but I don't want to make anybody mad.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Of course you can reply in any thread. No one will get mad at you. Go for it.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Not At All.

Thats why it's called a Discussion.

Just remember to discuss in a civil manner, keep the Terms & Conditions of the site in mind and most of all, Have Fun

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Snakeslayer

What? That's ridiculous! If your post has substance then of course not. Don't be afraid to voice out your opinion. So long as you are polite, I'm sure no one will have a problem with you.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
A fresh mind is always welcomed,

All we ask is that you abide by the T&C like everyone else here,
We always welcome comments from everyone no matter how long or short they have been on our forums,

This is ATS
Its all about the members,

So i look forward to seeing you about the board and adding your comments to the threads,

See ya about..... And feel free to u2u me if you need anyhelp...

Asala

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Snake,
Not sure what threads you are
referring to.

20 years ago, I asked questions
of anyone I thought might have
answers.

Now, we have the internet.

My opinion is, ask away !!

I still do.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snakeslayer
I just wondered if you guys get annoyed when new members like me reply to your threads

YES!

so I can know if I should do it or not.

You shouldnt.

No, just kidding. Everyone was brand spanking new at one point. Being here a few years doesn’t give you a monopoly on truth or knowledge.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the answers. I was hoping that was the way this place was since it IS for discussion, but you never know. You'll be seeing me around soon!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
By all means post to your hart content, new members often bring fresh and innovative ideas, different opinions and sometimes more angles to old conspiracies.

This board will be so boring if only the same old same was here all the time.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This board will be so boring if only the same old same was here all the time.

I know, I just thought of that. Can you imagine? I often know what someone’s opinion on a topic will be and the tone it will be written in just by looking at their avatar.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the answers. I was hoping that was the way this place was since it IS for discussion, but you never know. You'll be seeing me around soon!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

This happen when after a while we know each other so good when it comes to a repetitive or recurring subject.

A new person will read a post and perhaps say, "that is so new to me" rather than "I knew you were going to say that"

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The reason why I come to ATS is to explore the wide variety of experiences and opinions of it's members. Imagine how boring it would be if only the same opinion was expressed every time. Diversity is highly valued, and why ATS is more than just another web site.

Please, don't hesitate to add to the pool of knowledge. Jump on into the conversation.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Snakeslayer

That happens on some boards, but such arrogance is not allowed here.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Grady, when snake asked about "older members" I dont think he meant the senior citizens who post here

Man I'm funny...

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
New members, fresh ideas, thoughts, opinions and relevant commentary are not just simply welcome here, it is in very high demand.

Don't ever be afraid to let your voice be heard here!

We were all new members once too.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Grady, when snake asked about "older members" I dont think he meant the senior citizens who post here

Man I'm funny...

Your right, SHE didn't mean senior citizens, but you do gotta watch out for those crabby old folks sometimes!

link   
Personally, I look to the "older" members for guidance.The ones who have been here for years and have the most experience are the ones I wish to learn from.Read their posts and get to know them.I recently added to my friends list a member who has been here a long time.I was so impressed with his posts and the knowledge he gave me,as well as how nice he was. ATS is truly a unique site that way....and all the better for it.

link   
reply to post by cavscout

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

[edit on 2007/9/1 by GradyPhilpott]

[edit on 2007/9/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I bloody hate newbies, Always butting into a serious debate with some cadswallop we have heard a million times and never ever have the decency to use the search option first and most importantly never reading T&Cs........ Sorry thats a troll

Seriously though newbies are cool, Nothing like a fresh sets of eyes and some extra grey matter to help out in a discussion. We are not all old some of us are still in our 20s and 30s which i believe is young in this day and age. ATS wont survive on the same people forever, Newbies are needed to keep this place alive and fresh and full of questions.

Fall in young sir and stand to attention then get those fingers typing
your part of the ATS family now................

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join