It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Freemason's 33rd Degree Initiation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Thought this was interesting and would like to know if other people think it's true or not.

A Freemason's 33rd Degree Initiation
Excerpt from Jim Shaw's book: The Deadly Deception, pp. 99 - 109
INTO THE LIGHT
The hurricane came and went without any harm to us. But the one within me continued to gather force. It seemed strange, from my point of view, for all the people around me seemed calm. Even the doctor was no longer speaking much to me about the Lord, for I wasn't seeing him regularly. Bonnie was quietly supportive, but we really didn't say much about it. Mike and my other friends went on with life. It was "business as usual" around me, but definitely not that way inside of me.

THE HIGHEST MASONIC DEGREE
Easter was approaching and one quiet morning I was at home recuperating from the second operation when the doorbell rang. It was a special delivery letter from the Supreme Council in Washington, notifying me that I had been selected for the 33rd Degree.

I could hardly believe it was true! This honor is one most Masons never even think of receiving. It was too much, too far out of reach, beyond limits of reality. It was unreal to think I had actually been selected. It was an honor just to be considered for this ultimate degree and I had actually been selected, chosen by that small and powerful group, the Supreme Council of the 33rd Degree.

Read rest of article

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites that supports the thread; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as it relates to the thread.

[edit on 1/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 1-9-2007 by Snakeslayer]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
My personal opinion is that it's total B.S.

A lengthy refutation by Masons appears at this site:
www.masonicinfo.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
In the future...

Please use the search function... It is your friend.

A recent thread on this very subject, using your exact source:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yes, it is indeed complete cobblers. Whether Jim Shaw became deluded and actually believed this himself, or whether he is just an out and out liar I don't know, but the only deception going on here is the one Shaw foists on his readers.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Oops! I knew I'd do something wrong the first time I tried to post something! I actually thought I used the search function, but I obviously messed up. It won't happen agian.

What (if anything) should I do now?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Snakeslayer

Not a thing... If this subject (Secret Societies) interests you I suggest delving through the archives, there's some awesome stuff!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Shaw is just out for money, in my opinion.. I doubt he believes it.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Interesting article. Thank you for sharing and thank you Jim Shaw.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMe74
Shaw is just out for money, in my opinion.. I doubt he believes it.

He didn't. For example, Shaw knew that he wasn't a 33rd degree Scottish Rite Mason, or a Past Master, and knew that alcohol was not allowed in Florida Lodges. He lied about all of these things.

The only thing more pathetic than Shaw are the dupes that fell for his story, and lined his pockets.

new topics

top topics

join