It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virtual Earth image reveals Trident sub's secret propeller

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
In all honesty.

That looks a little bit fake ? Am i just talking rubbish ? Anyone else have an opinion on what i just said ?

Regard's
Lee

MBF

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I've seen designs similar to this for turbo-prop planes.

A couple of years back I came up with a design for a new prop. A cousin of mine is really into boats (Baja 240 I think) and is always trying to get more speed out of it(about 80 mph or so right now). He got a guy to build it that worked in a machine shop. He messed it up big time, it is so out of balance that it is pathetic. Still, my cousin put on his pride and joy to see what it would do even though he was afraid that it would fail and damage his boat. Even though he had to run it at low RPM's, he said that he could tell that it had more power and would turn sharper than a standard prop.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
In all reality it's not that big of a deal, those who worry us already know what the propeller looked like. Replicating it in terms of material, structiure, etc... and the building an advanced sub like the Ohio around it is a whole other ball game...

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I recall Toshiba selling US classified prop technology to, I believe it was the Russians. That was in appx 1975. Toshiba isn't as big a company these days 'cause of it.

Yah, as someone mentioned above, I'm also wondering if it's a fake? Perhap's released as disinformation.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
As far as I know, just knowing the amount of props on a propeller such as this can tell you the frequincy at which the screw pulses... this can tell the Russians the specific sound frequency to tune into with Narrowband which drastically increases the range at which the sub can be detected at.

Though, honestly the Russians probably found this out a very long time ago.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

this may be a silly question as i know nothing about stealth subs, but as you point out the prop is designed to be quiet, would that kinda prop also help aircraft be less noisy ?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
no its doesnt create a vortex under the prop when spinning in the air. The AH-66 comanche was the quietest helicopter as of yet, but its too advanced and expensive.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join