It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anyone Else Bored With The World?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kacen

Me too!!

No point in climbing up the corporate ladder -- I don't have the cut-throat attitude necessary to really "make it".

No point in selling my life (in 8 hour portions) for a paycheck that won't pay the bills.

What's the one thing that pisses you off the most? (Focus. No point in being a rebel without a cause.
)

For me, it's the lack of morals and ethics (or, depending how you look at it, the twisted up mess we call morals and ethics -- the "do as I say, not as I do" attitude.) Hence my suggestion.

Yeahright's suggestion of Zaadz is a good one. Not quite my cup of tea, but at least they're trying to promote good energies and positive, creative solutions to the problems they see.

Another idea is Freeganism. In essence: don't buy anything new. Everything that you need/want can be found if you're willing to wait, and are willing to take a second or third-hand version. (The movement is not necessarily anti-materialism, but rather anti-consumerism.)

Or, learn how to make things yourself. Bake bread, make soap, cheese, learn canning, et cetera. Learn to be self-sufficient -- and as such, NOT dependent on the system!

Figure out what it is that pisses you off, and how you can work to be different, and better, than that.

That's the only way things will change.

"BE the change you wish to see in the world" -- Gandhi

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Stay Positive, Be Positive, transcend your positive feelings towards others, and you will feel and see the difference...

If you love something, Love everything the same way you love that one thing...

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
the world is so boring i cant take it anymore....i wanna live an exiting life and stuff happening like in tiberium wars(the game) really starts to sound more nice then living a boring life with a boring job

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I too have become bored with the world and the petty things that people seem to worry about nowdays.

However I think my outlook comes from the fact that I am a cashier at a department store and everyday while I wait for customers I see all the magazine headlines in my aisle and what not. All these obsessions with what goes on in celebrities personal lives is unbelievable. I don't care about what is going on in Brad and Angelina's love life or what Lindsay Lohan is doing in rehab.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidianAll these obsessions with what goes on in celebrities personal lives is unbelievable. I don't care about what is going on in Brad and Angelina's love life or what Lindsay Lohan is doing in rehab.

Now there's something I think we can agree upon. As if celebrities aren't rich and spoiled enough, people have to run around acting like who some movie star chooses to marry is of any importance at all. Maybe the mentality of some people is that if they gossip about celebrities, that in turn makes them somewhat involved in the celebrities life. In their head, they're almost like a celebrity! I don't think anything a celebrity does should make the news unless it's something that would make the news regardless of who was doing it. Wow, some guy had a baby with his wife... Some idiot teenage girl did coc aine and got a DUI...big deal.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
All of mens efforts are for he's mouth ,yet he's appetite is never satisfied.Whoever loves money never has enough money .What advantage has a man of Knowlege over a fool?What does a poor man gain by knowing how to conduct himself before others ?A man may do his work with wisdom ,knowledge and skill for years but than he must leave all he owns to someone who has not worked for it and than the cycle continues....

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
My view of the world however is, in fact, grim - because it is a reflection what I see in the world at large

you're bombarded by the lowest common denominator,that's life..your personal ability to rise above this proves there is something more out there for us all to aspire to.

as others have mentioned,the ridiculous odds of any of us even being here to analyze our surroundings make life just so much fun

top topics

<< 1   >>

join