It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Woman Claims to Have Found Mythical 'Chupacabra'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Texas Woman Claims to Have Found Mythical 'Chupacabra'

www.foxnews.com

"It is one ugly creature," Canion said, holding the head of the mammal, which has big ears, large fanged teeth and grayish-blue, mostly hairless skin.

Canion and some of her neighbors discovered the 40-pound bodies of three of the animals over four days in July outside her ranch in Cuero, 80 miles southeast of San Antonio. Canion said she saved the head of the one she found so she can get to get to the bottom of its ancestry through DNA testing and then mount it for posterity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Cool cant wait to see some pictures. If anyone find pictures of this please post!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have found this article, with three photos.

It sure is a strange beast...

Its head resembles that of a hyena, at least to me.

This article has one more photo of the head.

And another article, this one more complete, from Earth Files.

Another from Coast to Coast, with bigger photos.

[edit on 1/9/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
the head looks kind of fake in the last picture and it was on FOX news of all of them. i'm not saying it's fake it just looked like it

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm sure I read something ages ago about a creature like this. The pictures there just look like a dog/wolf offspring though..

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Two more articles from Kvue.com, with video.

First article

Second article

And yes, this is not new, this happened in July.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Haha she thinks that is a Chupacabra?

Can't she tell that's a Bigfoot?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Haven't we seen these before?

Aren't they coyotes with mange?
I'm sure a member will provide the threads this was discussed in.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well, the front leg of the one looks like it has been broken, and the other front is curled as well, with the hind legs stretched out, to make them look longer than the front.
If you ask me, it is nothing but a Xoloitzcuintli, or Mexican Hairless Dog, a couple of them probably got loose. What clinches it for me, is this is a breed with known dentation issues, and they regularly have missing teeth, because something with the gene that causes hairlessness messes with the growth of the teeth, and n fact ALL hairless breeds that have that same hairless gene, (The American Hairless Terrier is the exception and any breed derived from the AHT.) has the same dentation issue.

en.wikipedia.org...:Mexico.Xoloitzcuintle.01.jpg

It could also be a so called Kahla, (some made up designer fake breed to sucker people into getting the "new ancient" breed of dog. Check out the third pic..

www.dogbreedinfo.com...

And let's not forget about the Peruvian Inca Orchid dog.. No, I did not make that name up.

rarebreed.com...

WOW, that dog looks familiar.. I wonder where I have seen it before..

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I find it also interesting that they found 3 dead. I wonder what killed them unless they were as some suggest not wild, but a hairless dog that most likely could not survive on their own.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FalseParadigm
If you ask me, it is nothing but a Xoloitzcuintli, or Mexican Hairless Dog, a couple of them probably got loose. What clinches it for me, is this is a breed with known dentation issues, and they regularly have missing teeth, because something with the gene that causes hairlessness messes with the growth of the teeth, and n fact ALL hairless breeds that have that same hairless gene, (The American Hairless Terrier is the exception and any breed derived from the AHT.) has the same dentation issue.

en.wikipedia.org...:Mexico.Xoloitzcuintle.01.jpg
I suppose this was the image you wanted to post, your link does not work (probably because of the ":").

This hairless dog also looks like the smaller "chupacabra" found before.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Wow notice a resemblence? It seems there was a Chupacabra that was live on TV

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Looks like a dog to me. I love the tounge hanging out! I wont be surprised if this turns out to be a fake all done for publicity. They are already making money of it either way. Of course I always hope for an amazing discovery.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
looks like an augly dog with big k-9s to me.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Thanks ArMaP, that was the pic I wanted to post.
fweshcawfee.. that is a chinese crested, one of the hailess breeds that I mentioned with the dentation issues, and they can be some OOGLY effers, but they are a little on the small size..
Unless someone wants to hit one with a car, chop it's head off, and call it a mini chupa

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Sigh. We see this year after year... Actually this is te second one in a month! I don't see why the News agencies keep running with it?! It's called mange... Out of all the cases one isn't suddenly going to be a "Chupacabra"...

Look - A month ago

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FalseParadigm

That's a mangy or hairless dog, doubtless.

FalseParadigm, thanks for posting the link to the Peruvian Inca Orchid dog, that is frankly far more fascinating than the dead mutts. A very unusual and handsome breed.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Have you guys read this part of the news?

Chupacabra or not, the discovery has spawned a local and international craze. Canion has started selling T-shirts that read: "2007, The Summer of the Chupacabra, Cuero, Texas," accompanied by a caricature of the creature. The $5 shirts have gone all over the world, including Japan, Australia and Brunei.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Hmmmm.... Me thinks this woman is just trying to sell T-shirts.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
SOrry if this has been posted, but here's a video of most likely the same one you are talking about:
www.emailthis.clickability.com...

It just looks like some kind of canine.

new topics

top topics

join