It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECONOMY-US: It's (Really) Good to Be the Boss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   

ECONOMY-US: It's (Really) Good to Be the Boss

ipsnews.net

This year's 364-to-1 CEO-to-worker pay gap remains a massive increase from previous decades: in 1990, the rate was 107-to-1, and in 1980, it was only 40-1, according to the study.

The findings about CEO pay come in the context of a larger debate over growing income inequality in the U.S.

Defenders of the George W. Bush administration's economic policies point to robust levels of growth in recent years, while critics contend that most if not all of the gains have gone to the richest citizens.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This is about the income gap becoming wider and wider. It is righful to blame it on the Bush administration and its tax reduction policies which mainly is a benefit to the rich.

The figures in the snippet are average. At the extreemes a succesful hedge fund manager makes in an hour what a skilled US worker makes in a whole year.

I find it hard to believe anyone can be 34000 times more worth than any average Joe. I find it downrigaht immoral.

Personally I think the agenda is to set people as far apart from eachother as possible, to make the seperation of the "rights from wrongs", the "good from the bads" easier when time comes.

ipsnews.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well, the CEO of my company barely makes more than I do. I guess that means either I'm paid a lot or he's not paid much.

Corporations have every right to pay their officers as much as they want. If it's too much the corporation will suffer. I'd rather let the free market decide a salary any day rather than let the Government dictate them.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

I agree the market should regulate the salaries of excecutives, but I do find it necessary for governments to set minnimum wages.

As for the excorbitant payouts CEOs recieve they're caused by endless greed and a corruption of any moral.

Note in the source link, it says

Although recent changes to the rules for reporting income make it difficult to precisely compare this year's CEO-worker wage gap to previous years, Anderson said that athe trends had not changed significantly.

"We certainly haven't seen any real retreat on CEO pay," she said. "Even companies that are heading towards crisis are continuing to pay huge sums."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by khunmoon]

new topics

top topics

join