It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All countries must stay course in Iraq, Bush tells Brown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Please stay on topic, avoid comments of a personal nature, all opinions, information, and relevant comments on this or any topic are welcome here, if posted within the boundaries of the terms and conditions of use.

Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
boggey man the president of iran thats stupid most people see bush as the devil

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
what next? leave the war and we nuke you?
[edit on 1/9/07 by Harlequin]

Perhaps a big terrorist act in their country will get them in the right way...

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have so many mixed feelings, but its Bush I am looking at more than anything else. He has had us in there longer than worldwar II, hints at a continued presence that will be as long as we have been in Korea, 50 years or so, Puts his own troops on trial, and lets reporters dictate the conduct of war. Despite having the greatest and most expensive military machine on Earth he has foregone victory in exchange for a politically correct strategy of engagement. This war everyone knows, could have been done in 30 days. Some may cry foul, how about the innocents? well how about Dresden, fire bombed by the Allies, tens of thousands perished, men women and children...where were the reporters then ? We won, and saved millions more. A real Commander in Chief , as in those days , would have swept the enemy into the hinterlands by now. Simply, there is a lack of Guevos and the enemy (Russia and China included)sees it..and that perception is what is going to kill us in the future. I say leave , if he does not first, kick out the embedded reporters, and let our soldiers do what they do best..kill..and win. Doing this our allies will fall in voluntarily..without the political armtwisting and testicular fondling going on now. and we will be assured a less costly and expeditious victory.

SyS

[edit on 1-9-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I think that when Britain leaves, and it will this year, then Bush will be truly alone least for Dicky. Poor Bush, all alone in the middle of everything. Meh, poor bastard should have seen it coming. Then again, well

[edit on 1-9-2007 by Gorman91]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
There is a movie regarding Iraq war atrocitities coming out in September.
Katie Couric is going to spend a week in Iraq next week to look at 'the road ahead' first hand.

The green party has already pledged to remove U.K. forces.
Autralia has obviously had it with the quagmire as well.
What is the definition of insanity? 'When you continue trying the same thing expecting different results'. W's ego just won't allow him to admit failure, only 'mistakes HAA!'

The media is not allowing censorship to the extent as before. When Couric gets back and people see this movie. It's no wonder why W will need a platoon from Florida in DC.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
The media is not allowing censorship to the extent as before. When Couric gets back and people see this movie. It's no wonder why W will need a platoon from Florida in DC.

NOW I get why those troops are there!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The green party has already pledged to remove U.K. forces.

The Green party has no elected members to Parliament and has no chance either because the first-past-the-post system we use in General Elections.

So, sadly, their policies become meaningless

[edit]

They don't believe in economic growth either (apparently it hurts the environment). Low/No economic growth is bad for the country and us citizens.

so thats a reason not to vote for them or take them seriously.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I personally think that we should stay.

The exit is an extremely cynical move by brown if it is just to try and win the next election.

I think that our boys are doing a good job out there, trying to help the people rebuild their country. I remember reading some meathead US general criticising our troops for concerntrating too much on helping the people and training up their own police force.

You cannot go into a country and mess it all up, then decide to leave for political resaons.

Saddam may have been bad, but we have inflicted much worse on the people there, and we should stay until we have restored some kind of stability there.

The second reason I beleive we should stay, is to act as buffer between iran and israel. This is another function that iraq used to serve under saddam.

A total withdrawal of coalition troops will probably lead to (a freshly nuclear capable) iran marching its army across northern iraq, syria and right up to israels doorstep.

Knowing the israeli mentality, this will probably lead on to some kind of nuclear war.

Each day I hope that our troops are safe and I hope they know how much of a good job they are doing in representing us, in this war that our political leaders should be ashamed of starting.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
How many more dead soldiers is it going to take before you get it into your thick skulls that this war is lost!! It's impossible to win! Why is it impossible to win? Because we lost the Iraqi people hearts. The Iraqi people don't want us there. The British people don't want the soldiers there. So It's about time the Government listened to the people for once and pulled out. If they don't pull out, well they will lose power to the conservatives, God forbid if that happens.
Secondly if we don't withdraw troops, brace yourself for more British born suicide bombers, blowing your kids up, maybe your dad, mom, aunts, next door neighbors, and when it happens blame your Government for not taking action.
Iraq is making Britain a prime target for terrorism, everybody knows this, apart from the government it seems. Pulling out Of Iraq will minimize the threat to our country and hopefully in time we can build bridges with our Muslim population which at present has been backed into a corner with no where to go.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It does not surprise me some sheeple still just don't get a military solution is not possible. Even in light of some top US general reports only a political one is the only reality of some type of peace. W's gonna make everything better by taking out 1200 Iran targets to take out its military.
Do you think for one second that Russia and China are going to let this happen without consequence? Do you think about the ripped and charred bodies of 500k Iraq citizens while you play your x box?
Oh yes, we need to stay. Put a couple more ribbons on the back of your suv and a few more flags out front. That will make everything better.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
So you dont think that helping to rebuild what we destroyed will help?

We should leave them with no help after we bombed them into the stone age?

The war was wrong in the first place, but to leave the place in ruins makes it even worse.

Rebuild the bridges literally, restore the power grid, fix the water systems that were blown to bits, and help the people to help themselves by offering training.

Maybe we should leave them to start rebuilding on their own? I am sure the warlords will consider this after they have killed everyone they dont like.

Iraq was a hornets nest that should have been left alone, and I am not suggesting that we stay and continue the fight, but a more humanitarian approach should be taken.

Send aid not bombs.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
Because we lost the Iraqi people hearts. The Iraqi people don't want us there. .

we dont care what they want, we know whats best for them and we will see it through. only cowards back down from a fight when it is going sour, winners stay tough and see it through. jst like you see that the troop surege is working now all the pansies that wanted to turn back are sayin "ok, maybe it is working"

oh and as far as the brits pulling troops out, it is just another sign that the troop surge worked and that the iraqui government is stepping up and doing their job to fill in the slot left by the brits.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by infiltr8u

Originally posted by paul76
Because we lost the Iraqi people hearts. The Iraqi people don't want us there. .

we dont care what they want, we know whats best for them and we will see it through. only cowards back down from a fight when it is going sour, winners stay tough and see it through. jst like you see that the troop surege is working now all the pansies that wanted to turn back are sayin "ok, maybe it is working"

oh and as far as the brits pulling troops out, it is just another sign that the troop surge worked and that the iraqui government is stepping up and doing their job to fill in the slot left by the brits.

You sound like my head teacher from school! The troop surge will only be affective for a very short period of time, The Freedom fighters will regroup, establish new tactics and hit hard where it hurts. If you still believe that the War can be won, then I sure bet Bush wishes there we're a few more of you about!!!

news.bbc.co.uk...

The National Intelligence Estimate - the collective analysis of the situation in Iraq by 16 intelligence agencies, which was declassified last week - said there had been "measurable but uneven improvements" in Iraq's security since January, following the recent surge in US troop numbers.

"measurable but uneven improvements" not exactly brilliant is it?

[edit on 2uSunday07/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Was watching the news today on the Basar Cty pull out, and they said that the #e's,tribal leaders and others will be fighting to gain control in the region.

Does sound like the British aren't required for anything other than prevent a massive turf war. Learning from 30 years in Northern Ireland and the 200+ year hatred there, the centuries old conflicts in eastern europe in the last decade that exploded with the fall of hard dictatorship rule. The brits relise its time to let them have a go at each other.

When is the american public going to relise the Iraqi locals don't give a crap about America or Americans being there. You are just in the way of them settling old scores and controlling their little region. Like any gang war in any city of america. Police in the middle crooks killing each other, the police and innocent by standers all in the name of their gangs beliefs.

You'll never win you'll never rebuild you'll only bury your youth like before.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by puzzled2
Was watching the news today on the Basar Cty pull out, and they said that the #e's,tribal leaders and others will be fighting to gain control in the region.

Does sound like the British aren't required for anything other than prevent a massive turf war. Learning from 30 years in Northern Ireland and the 200+ year hatred there, the centuries old conflicts in eastern europe in the last decade that exploded with the fall of hard dictatorship rule. The brits relise its time to let them have a go at each other.

When is the american public going to relise the Iraqi locals don't give a crap about America or Americans being there. You are just in the way of them settling old scores and controlling their little region. Like any gang war in any city of america. Police in the middle crooks killing each other, the police and innocent by standers all in the name of their gangs beliefs.

You'll never win you'll never rebuild you'll only bury your youth like before.

The American public for the most part realizes this? What do you propose, that we revolt?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Well perhaps try voting first. Would be nice if more than half of the population could turn up to vote on ruling the world, Don't you think?

Perhaps the attempt of voting will actually shoe you that it would be impossible for all the American"eligibile" voters to vote.
1. not enough machines not enough time in a day not enough people to count. But would be nice if some of tried voting before revolting.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Well perhaps try voting first. Would be nice if more than half of the population could turn up to vote on ruling the world, Don't you think?

Perhaps the attempt of voting will actually show you that it would be impossible for all the American"eligibile" voters to vote.
1. not enough machines
2. not enough time in a day
3. not enough honest people to count.
But would be nice if some of tried voting before revolting.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by puzzled2]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Actually, infinite, Shots is correct. There is indeed a "mass exodus" and the movement is growing. I fully intend to be a part of it.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Stop kidding yourself at the present time you have more than a two to 1 ratio of immigrants entering the country while a mass exodius of British Ciztens leave because your government failed you big time.

So less than 0.4% of the population is a "mass exodius"?

I am not sure how many people you have total but would assume if the current rate continues Britain will be a Muslim country for sure in 40 years

That alone is a good reason to stay the course but to each his own.

We have over 60 million in the UK, the majority in england...which I might add that 41 million stated they were christian while only 1.6 million stated they were muslim.

I hadnt figured you for a religion warrior shots....has Mr Bush recieved consent from rome to conduct a new crusade?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join