It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All countries must stay course in Iraq, Bush tells Brown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

I find it quite annoying that an unpopular US President, with no mandate in the United Kingdom or Australia, thinks he has the right to tell our politicians what to do?

I love the way you spun the story but that was not my take at all he did not demand they stay. he suggested they stay which is a big differance.

From the source here is what he said in part
"the President urged Britain to stay the course in the country."

[edit on 9/1/2007 by shots]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
Sure guys, feel free to pull out. In 50 or so years, Great Britain will be a Muslim country regardless.

Very few people believe in the muslim boogeyman at this point. And they rightfully feel this way. Iraq was proven to be of zero defensive value and the USA has shown it's not serious in tracking down the man alleged to have been the backer of the 9/11 attacks (Osama Bin Laden, if you can remember).

Great Britain will not fall under muslim rule no matter how much fear mongering people wish it were so.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

muslim boogeymen care to elaborate on that one

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Great Britain will not fall under muslim rule no matter how much fear mongering people wish it were so.

Stop kidding yourself at the present time you have more than a two to 1 ratio of immigrants entering the country while a mass exodius of British Ciztens leave because your government failed you big time.

196,000 out, 574,000 in: Record numbers leaving Britain for new life abroad - as immigration to UK soars

I am not sure how many people you have total but would assume if the current rate continues Britain will be a Muslim country for sure in 40 years

That alone is a good reason to stay the course but to each his own.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
what your thinking of kicking us out racial hatred? well i was born here and ther eis only about 1million muslims only 1% of the population if that

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't think any country should be following the US so blindly.

We #ed up going into Iraq, we should have stayed in Afghanistan and moved troops into the Afghanistan/Pakistan boarder where Al-Quida is training and stationed.

If I were the Prime Minister I would make Afghanistan/Pakistan boarder my top priority.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
the special relationsip ended when blair left , the big man Brown will make sure were no ones puppets

Graham

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by manzoor

Huh? Not up on your numbers are you. How about 1.8 million and those figures are 3 years old so assuming they are correct at this time there would be roughly 2 million (If their numbers are correct)

Source
Today, there are 1.8 million Muslims in the UK. Sixty per cent live in London and the South East.

Again all the more reason to stay the course in Iraq you have to stop the fanatics somewhere and it might as well be on their own land then yours if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graham
the special relationsip ended when blair left , the big man Brown will make sure were no ones puppets

Graham

I've thought about moving to the UK whenever I could save up the money, but it doesn't sound like it's much better their than it is here. And plus I like my constitution, and whats up with all the Big Brother cams over their, I couldn't handle that.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Source
Today, there are 1.8 million Muslims in the UK. Sixty per cent live in London and the South East.

Again all the more reason to stay the course in Iraq you have to stop the fanatics somewhere and it might as well be on their own land then yours if you ask me.

Stay the course in Iraq because their are Muslims in the UK, wth?
That doesn't make much since, unless you are the type that likes to sterotype?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The USA is increasingly looking isolated, while the rest of the coalition have opened there eyes to the facts that Iraq is a failure and to carry on blindly will see the fall of there administration. Brown and Labour know they have to make a statement regarding Iraq. I don't believe Labour can win the election with the current foreign policy, so the best vote winner is to withdraw the troops, and what a beautiful day that will be for Iraq and Britain. Only War mongers and idiots want the troops to stay in Iraq, It's a impossible situation which can not be won. Regarding the quote about how Britain will become a Muslim nation in the future is just complete drivel. Just a scare tactic to aid the War mongers.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

reply to post by manzoor

Huh? Not up on your numbers are you. How about 1.8 million and those figures are 3 years old so assuming they are correct at this time there would be roughly 2 million (If their numbers are correct)

Source

So what if there is 2 million Muslims in our country, big deal, there is millions of Muslims throughout Europe. There are also millions of other ethnic minorities in our country, It's normal!!!

[edit on 1uSaturday07/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76

I completely agree with everything you just said.
I wish America had it that way, we have Presidential elections coming up and all the front runners are for some kind of war, if it has to be war I say fight the real enemy Al-Quida, and strike them at home, like they did us.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by manzoor

muslim boogeymen care to elaborate on that one

Boogeyman basically is a term used to describe a monster or someone scary, usually used to frighten children in bedtime stories. In the context of the War on Terror, it used to be Osama bin Laden. Then after the US Invasion of Iraq, it became Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. Right now it's not so clear, but I think the boogeyman of the moment is Iran's President Ahmadinejad.

The US government's tactics to keep the population from focusing on internal issues has always been to have a boogeyman to scare the population. Fear of an external boogeyman keeps the people focused on the outside world, instead of the government's failures on the inside.

The concept isn't new. George Orwell in his book 1984, first published in 1948, described a world in which there are three main powers, Oceania, Eastasia and Eurasia. In his book, the boogeyman is a person called Emmanuel Goldstein, whom the government of Oceania blames for all terrorist activities in the "disputed zone" where the wars are fought.

Feel free to ask questions if any part of my explanation does not make sense.

Edit: See the post below to see how using a boogeyman to scare the populace helps in the government's cause. Sharia in Britain... as though that is likely

[edit on 1-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
When that "boogeyman" has implemented sharia over Britain in 30 or so years, we'll see how it was being used to "scare" people. If I were the various Brits in this thread, I'd do some research on demographics, and fertility replacement rates......

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The war in Iraq and our troops are there for a long term agenda no necessarily to win anything but to be able to make possible for people behind this invasion and attacks to the middle east to fulfill their dreams of dominance in the middle east.

This is not about liberation, democracy or anything else, but nothing more than a long lasting occupation and force in the area.

When people understand the real objective of Iraq invasion then eyes will be open finally perhaps too late by then.

Iraq was never mean to be won but to have American present in the area indefinitely fighting an everlasting war.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

When that "boogeyman" has implemented sharia over Britain in 30 or so years, we'll see how it was being used to "scare" people. If I were the various Brits in this thread, I'd do some research on demographics, and fertility replacement rates......

Try taking your own advice. I could try and scare you saying Spanish will be the USs official language soon but I dont want to look stupid.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Try taking your own advice. I could try and scare you saying Spanish will be the USs official language soon but I dont want to look stupid.

That may well be, nothing scary about that. Large parts of the southwest are already like that. lol Mexicans I can live with. They aren't trying to destroy western civilization.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

They aren't trying to destroy western civilization.

Neither are any of the Muslims I know...

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I love the way you spun the story but that was not my take at all he did not demand they stay. he suggested they stay which is a big differance.

From the source here is what he said in part
"the President urged Britain to stay the course in the country."

Oh look, Uncle Sam has sent his favourite boy in!

what a surprise you've come rolling into this thread

Looks like I have to clean up some of your uneducated comments, once again.

Stop kidding yourself at the present time you have more than a two to 1 ratio of immigrants entering the country while a mass exodius of British Ciztens leave because your government failed you big time.

We are not kidding ourselves, we are the British citizens here so we do understand our country, government and immigration policy better than you.

And all the immigrants are Muslim? No
Most are from East European. Such as Romania and Poland, and I don't think those are Muslim nations, do you?

As for your words "mass exodus" (no "I" in exodus, please don't try to ruin the English language anymore) it just shows the typical close minded views you have.

Now, I shall continue...?

I am not sure how many people you have total but would assume if the current rate continues Britain will be a Muslim country for sure in 40 years

So, Muslims make of 2% of the British population and Christians 75%.
The largest immigrant population in the UK is the Asian community, where Hindu is the main religion. Then it's those of African-Caribbean decent.

I fail to see your Maths here.

Now, shots please stick to the subject and do not try to derail it because it's not tooting the pro-American line you love so much.

Thank you

p.s please don't post more stupid views about Britain and Europe in order to derail this thread. I really don't want to waste my time and effort to;

a) correct you

and

b) make you look even more stupid.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by infinite]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join