It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why NO Profanity Here?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Why not learn to use the English language properly? Learn to spell and how to make a coherent sentence. Then, you might consider making your point by using a logical argument, and providing some support or a citation.

You couldn't even do it in this post and it's only 4-5 sentences long.

Originally posted by Lightworth
Why not learn to use the English language properly? Learn to spell and how to make a coherent sentence. Then, you might consider making your point by using a logical argument, and providing some support or a citation.

You couldn't even do it in this post and it's only 4-5 sentences long.

Not to be picky but: I counted one misspelling and that may well have been a typo; even if it wasn't it's an easily made mistake. Also, the grammar is just fine, even though the last sentence could have been constructed better, it still is easily understandable.
What words did you think were misspelled??

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Lightworth, i suggest you head to your local university and sit in on a debate class. Especially british style debate. Its a very enlightening experience of 2 people, arguing point/counterpoint, eloquently. And without, guess what, Cuss words. If you feel you cannot express yourself or your point passionately without swearing, then i suggest you even enroll yourself in one of those classes.

British style debate is excellent. Ive never seen 2 people insult each other so non-chalantly and make it sound so good. And alas, not a single swear shot fired.

Just my opinion.

Silver

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Maledictionary Definition

I've never seen a discussion anywhere that was improved by profanity. :shk:

If you truly feel the need to scratch that itch, fear not!

There's no shortage of hip-hop albums, stories about politicians, bathroom walls, HBO comedy specials and gaming forums available to satisfy it.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
All the best points were already made, but I guess I may just add some icing to the works.

In my opinion writing is just as much an art form as music, painting, sculpting, or any form of art that you can think up. Whereas every day conversation - i.e. the sounds that come from your mouth - is as much an art form as a mousetrap. You would NOT put a couple of black polka dots on the Mona Lisa. You would NOT put off-key notes in Beethoven's ninth. And so forth. So why would you want to do it with the art of writing?

Personally I lose a lot of respect for any person that drops swear words left and right - especially out of context, or just for "effect". If you can't make your point without swearing, then you shouldn't be trying to make the point.

Mostly in response topost by NotelectronQM

Perhaps I could refer you to a couple of off-flavour sites where you can curse to your heart's desire. And perhaps a dictionary so you could look up the definition of free speech?

Edit: Addressing

[edit on 1-9-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran
On this board, you are allowed to FREELY SPEAK about ANYTHING, save for a couple of topics.

You obviously have not run into the debunker core.

Injoke.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join