It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you dreams like??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Im posting this because when i read about someones dream they never seem to be like mine at all. I dont mean the theme of the dream exactly but alot of people seem to notice very small things while in them.

I was reading a post and the person wrote they could smell hear touch and interact almost with the people in the dream. This is pretty much nuthing at all like mine.

First of all im never in my own body im like a 3rd person camera view but i can be seeing myself at every angle at the same time sounds like it would be wierd but when im dreamin it seems natural. I hardly ever have any kind of dialog besides the odd words people say or screams and such.

The only times i can feel well i think its the sensation of feeling like touch but its hard to explain seeing as how its a dream the only way i can actually get any feeling is if i consentrate on it pretty hard. I hardly ever can do this because 99% of my dreams im either fighting or running.

Another odd tid bit is my dreams seem like movies to me becuase i can be seeing something that has nuthing to do with me at all its like screenshots of things and other places and i often teleport around almost like the journey is cut and it goes right to the next scene kinda thing.

And ive got a question to pretty much everyone here. Have you ever woken up in a dream? By this i mean have you ever been in a dream and realized you were dreaming? Ive never been able to do this...Ive always wondered what would happen. I almost did it once im not shure how somehow something jogged my memory for a sec or something but it was quickly dismissed.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
All of my dreams are always in first person. My dreams are so real that when I wake up after them I think that the waking up part is the dream, and what happened in the dream was real life. I can definitely interact with everything in my dreams. In one of my dreams I fell off a glacier (don't ask) and right when I hit the ground I woke up and felt like throwing up. Dreams are sure strange.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
My dreams are usually quite normal and rational.

However whilst in France recently I indulged in my usual habit of devouring lots of French cheese and eating this late in the evening.
During that week my dreams became quite strange and bizarre and when I asked the Doctor about this he said it was probably a chemical change in the body brought about by the different chemicals in the cheese which I only ate sporadically.

Anyone ever hear about the old wives tales about cheese giving you nightmares?

Makes you wonder if what you eat creates differing actions inside your brain?

Food for thought if you will excuse the pun.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
My dreams are the same type as yours, i have only woken up within my dream a few times and was able to control my dream from a first person perspective.

One of the best lucid dreams i had was whilst i was on codeine painkillers for some migranes i had, i took them and i felt really warm and fell asleep, and these were real life dreams, i kept waking up but everytime i did i was still dreaming that i woke up, it was really wierd but totally real like.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I have dreams of mods removing my avatars.. Wait! its the reality!!

[edit on 1-9-2007 by Lecter]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
My dreams vary as to whether 1st or 3rd person and often involve people I've never met (although they may be amalgams of several different people I know, or people I regularly see). I often dream about places that I've never been to as well, but mostly these place seem to be based loosely on real places.

For the most part my dreams come over as being the result of a bored mind entertaining itself whilst the body sleeps .....

I haven't had the dreams about them finding the bodies I buried for several years now ........

[edit on 1-9-2007 by Essan]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Mine switch around between 1st and 3rd person views.

Watching yourself fly is pretty cool.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I remember about a week ago where i was flying high up in the air and when i was just about to hit back to the ground it felt really wierd because i automatically slowed down just before i hit the ground and landed perfectly soft.

The feeling of adrenalin and thrill when i was dropping out of the sky was immense and the landing was amazing.

Dreaming is strange, i always think that when we die we enter a permanent lucid dream state where we can do whatever we want forever.

Now that is heaven to me.

top topics

join