It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld "intellectually bankrupt" Says UK Army Chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Rumsfeld "intellectually bankrupt" Says UK Army Chief

www.telegraph.co.uk

The former chief of the general staff said the approach taken by Donald Rumsfeld, the then US defence secretary, was "intellectually bankrupt", describing his claim that US forces "don't do nation-building" as "nonsensical".

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
So even the UK Army is waking up to what Rumsfeld has done? Its about time

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
It wasn't so long that such comments would generate accusations anti Americanism and the people who agreed with such comments would have been labelled traitors. Of now even the American right has woken up to the mistakes that were made in Iraq. Rumsfeld should have fired long before he was he must rank has one of the worst Sec of Def if not the worst.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
But it makes it even more damning when a top Army chief says things like that, and it surely must make some people wake up now, or have they known it all along and just put up with it?.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Rumsfeld tried to fight a war on the cheap without enough soldiers and equipment, The pencil pushers also thought that the Iraqis would take to governing themselves rather quickly which did not happen. We are paying the price now. You cant control a country the size of Iraq with less than 2 million soldiers any truthful military person will tell you that.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
But it makes it even more damning when a top Army chief says things like that, and it surely must make some people wake up now, or have they known it all along and just put up with it?.

No, people justify everything and anything as long as its fits into their religious and/or political agendas.

These are the people who should be labelled traitors for supporting the government that harms their own country.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Its simply a shame that he has waited so long to go public
Maybe now he has, others might?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
"intellectually bankrupt" is really about the nicest thing you can say about Donald Rumsfeld. The man is a habitual liar and total scum.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Why didn't the likes of General Jackson speak out before the war ?
We all now now that the occupation of Iraq was botched and after all Jackson and others like him were or are spouse to be the professionals. Ike and Macarthur would turn over in there graves if they knew how spineless today military leaders are.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Rumsfeld tried to fight a war on the cheap without enough soldiers and equipment, The pencil pushers also thought that the Iraqis would take to governing themselves rather quickly which did not happen. We are paying the price now. You cant control a country the size of Iraq with less than 2 million soldiers any truthful military person will tell you that.

Are you even serious?

Do you know what 2 millions soldiers represent ?
If only half of these 2 M soldiers were trained the right way in the first place there would probably be more efficiency.I don't know about equipments...
Anyway i don't blame the soldiers, i'd prefer focusing on who decide/command.
Interesting comment from this British chief who dare to tell some "truth" in all this mess.
I think it would be wise for mr Bush to revise his posture and maybe ask some help of the U.N again(?), because frankly i don't see how /when this war will end(2,5 years?).I very well see the U.S leaving the boat and going into the next level also known as "Iran".I hope i'm totally rwrong

Ah this world is so f*c^$ up.

new topics

top topics

join