It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Theories on Déjà Vu

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I heard a theory from my friend about Déjà Vu.
She said that when people have déjà vu it's a sign that you are on the right track, or in the right place, because she believes that we have done everything over and over again, we are living in the past, present and future and we already have done what we are going to do a million times over. It's really hard for my mind to comprehend, but that is what she said, I can kind of understand it. But anyways, has anyone else ever heard of this theory, or any other interesting ones?




posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
I heard a theory from my friend about Déjà Vu.
She said that when people have déjà vu it's a sign that you are on the right track, or in the right place, because she believes that we have done everything over and over again, we are living in the past, present and future and we already have done what we are going to do a million times over. It's really hard for my mind to comprehend, but that is what she said, I can kind of understand it. But anyways, has anyone else ever heard of this theory, or any other interesting ones?


No, and now i'm confused



posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
I heard a theory from my friend about Déjà Vu.
She said that when people have déjà vu it's a sign that you are on the right track, or in the right place, because she believes that we have done everything over and over again, we are living in the past, present and future and we already have done what we are going to do a million times over. It's really hard for my mind to comprehend, but that is what she said, I can kind of understand it. But anyways, has anyone else ever heard of this theory, or any other interesting ones?


Living in the past? That would be really odd but the theory is interesting nonetheless. My theory on Deja Vu is that it is some kind of chemical reaction in your brain that makes you think you predicted this certain moment and that you had a vision about it. I have had Deja Vu but I can never remember when I had the vision. I think you might be confused about what I just said becuase I am too
.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by Neoman]



posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neoman
[edit on 1-9-2007 by Neoman]


No, I understood what you said.
I have Deja Vu alot, atleast once a week.
Thanks for your imput, i've heard that theory alot.



posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I have a kind of Déjà Vu quite often. I say kind of, because I don't actually know if it's happened before. But say I went and did something, I'd get an image in my mind right at that moment, and that image would be of what I am doing right there, but at a different time. Yet I wouldn't be able to remember when exactly... as if I hadn't actually done it before.

...if you know what I mean



posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
She said that when people have déjà vu it's a sign that you are on the right track, or in the right place, because she believes that we have done everything over and over again


Wouldn't doing everything over and over again be a bad sign though (if I'm not misunderstanding the meaning of the expression). The mere thought of an infinite existence of continuous repetition outside the boundaries of time makes me want to bang my head on a wall. Over and over again.



posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickh
Yet I wouldn't be able to remember when exactly... as if I hadn't actually done it before.

...if you know what I mean


I know what you mean.
Which leads me to the theory that we have been doing the same things over and over again..........it's hard to think about really. So hard to comprehend, and it seems to me when I think i'm so off track is when I have Deja Vu, Who knows my my theory is completely wrong.



posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTrueFiction
Wouldn't doing everything over and over again be a bad sign though (if I'm not misunderstanding the meaning of the expression). The mere thought of an infinite existence of continuous repetition outside the boundaries of time makes me want to bang my head on a wall. Over and over again.


Lol, yes. I know what you mean.
It's just so hard to think about, I get confused when I try to think of things that I can't fully comprehend.

Maybe it could be that Deja Vu is a warning to do something completely different before it happens, unlucky me though I tend to have Deja Vu right as the scenario that seems so familar happens.



posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Dude, I've had some serious Deja Vu's.

Some are so fierce that I could swear the exact moment I am experiencing has happened before. Trippy stuff to say the least.



posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
I know what you mean.
Which leads me to the theory that we have been doing the same things over and over again..........it's hard to think about really. So hard to comprehend, and it seems to me when I think i'm so off track is when I have Deja Vu, Who knows my my theory is completely wrong.


The thing is... do you believe that when we die, we come back again as humans? Or do we just reincarnate as "whatever" ie... a monkey, or a piranha fish?



posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I used to have deja vu all the time, now I don't seem to have it anymore. I wonder if it stops at a certain age. Not that i'm old or anything, but has anyone here had deja vu alot and then it stopped all of a sudden?

What could that mean? hmmm



posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Uniceft, you say you have been experiencing a lot of deja vu lately, so can you tell me what your diet has consisted of lately?

I'm curious to see if you have been eating a lot of over ripe fruit or vegetables. You know, do you eat bananas or apples with bruises on them or have started to turn darker on the interior?

It may be important since fruits begin to release ethylene gas as they decompose. I would think that eating them would release the tiny amounts of gas into your bloodstream as they were digested. It is surmised that ethylene gas was the primary component for the fortune telling seers of old like the Oracle of Delphi for instance. Small amounts cause euphoria, but large doses can cause oxygen starvation in the brain and kill you, which is why most of the young women in that profession died at a young age.

So my thinking is because of the small segments of future seen in the deja vu memories, may be directly related to your susceptability to ethylene gas and its concentration within your system, because obviously the fruit isn't going to supply much to your system.

I've been trying to figure out how to do a proper experiment on this theory.



posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickh
The thing is... do you believe that when we die, we come back again as humans? Or do we just reincarnate as "whatever" ie... a monkey, or a piranha fish?


Definately, I believe we progress not regress.
We have evolved and have became aware and intelligent, it wouldn't make much since that we just happened to die and be reborn as animals lol. I believe that each individual species has sort of an escense to their soul, which would make since as how to stick to our own species throughout our lives.



posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
Uniceft, you say you have been experiencing a lot of deja vu lately, so can you tell me what your diet has consisted of lately?

I'm curious to see if you have been eating a lot of over ripe fruit or vegetables. You know, do you eat bananas or apples with bruises on them or have started to turn darker on the interior?


When I have deja vu it is never specific, like conversations I have had with people, people that I have never met before but I have met them before. Things that people say.

No, I haven't been eating any fruit lately, I've experienced Deja vu all through my life.

[edit on 9/2/07 by niteboy82]



posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Well i think deja vu is not something that has happened before, but you only think it happened. Cause deja vu doesn't happen unless your in the monment already or it's already been past. But i do love the feeling of it
. I think there's moments in the brain when it just turns on 'deja vu mode' and everything you see in that couple of seconds would be deja vu, no matter what it is.

Just my perspective anyways...



posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
. . . because she believes that we have done everything over and over again . . .
Well, that idea fits well with the multiverse/many-worlds theory (as well as with the idea of reincarnation and life eternal), where in another reality we once experienced, everything is almost exactly the same except maybe we combed our hair differently one day in this life/ multiverse. Remembering bits and pieces of that past (almost similar) life could explain deja vu and premonitions and a whole lot more too. Makes sense to me.



posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have no assurities, I can only speculate & theorise. I sometimes believe that your friend is right. Meaning, we live this, or another variation of this life over...and over...and over...again....repeatedly.

There was an episode on The Twilight Zone once, about a guy who kept dying in his dreams....and everytime he dies...he wakes up, only to find out he's still dreaming, because someone comes along & shoots him. In fact it was a punishment...a sort of prison for what he had done. He killed a man, and as punishment, he was placed into some sort of dreaming machine where he would constantly dream that he was not dreaming, but would get shot by the person whom he shot in reality & everytime he gets shot, he wakes up(in the dream) & another varitation of it happens again.

(I feel sorry for him when he actually does wake up...talk about comfusing)

I feel it is somewhat the same for De Ja Vu, seems impossible & maybe even very scary, but I have had De Ja Vu So many times, I have memorized moments of it and they happen...again...& again, even at this present life. So I know it's not just De ja Vu...it's something that actually occurs. Whatever it is...it's pretty trippy. I like the feeling you feel though...makes me feel more alive than anything on this Earth.



posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Have you ever had a deja vu that you were having a deja vu? (no it's not a typo) I've had them a couple of times and it is just really freakin weird.

I agree with one of the other posters up above that sometimes I'll have a deja vu and it feels so so real like I've done this exact same thing at the exact same time...but I can never rememeber WHEN I did it or WHEN I had the deju vu to begin with, because you havn't done it you just thought you did..

I'm actually laughing right now because its completely unfathomable to me as to how we do this. I think we have deja vu in our dreams, then it actually happens sometimes in the near future and then we remember the dream as if it were a reality..Our mind is a wonderful thing.

I LOVE reading and trying to find out things that make absolutely no sense to anybody. Deja Vu is one of those things that almost everyone knows what it is and has experienced, but NOBODY can explain it. Not even the biggest brain in a science lab somewhere. THAT, to me, means that our race has A LOT of learning and growth to do and it makes me feel excited.

It kind of makes me think about people that claim to have powers like being psychic, or telekineses, and stuff like that. Lots of people think it's ridiculous, but my mind is fairly open to these kinds of things, and the fact that we have Deja Vu, if you think about it, is kind of like reading the future, but not concsiously or purposefully. So I think that if you can train yourself to focus on certain aspects then it's possible to do those kinds of things.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by naossoan]



posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I believe we are remembering prohetic dreams.
I remember once when I was younger. My family and I moved into a new area and it was my first day walking home from school and I had de ja vu of the exact road I was walking down, and it looked familiar even tho I had never been down it before.
Just one example, but it enough for me to make my own mind up



posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
It may be important since fruits begin to release ethylene gas as they decompose. I would think that eating them would release the tiny amounts of gas into your bloodstream as they were digested. It is surmised that ethylene gas was the primary component for the fortune telling seers of old like the Oracle of Delphi for instance. Small amounts cause euphoria, but large doses can cause oxygen starvation in the brain and kill you, which is why most of the young women in that profession died at a young age.

So my thinking is because of the small segments of future seen in the deja vu memories, may be directly related to your susceptability to ethylene gas and its concentration within your system, because obviously the fruit isn't going to supply much to your system.


I'm not sure if this trumps your theory, but I eat very very little fruit and veggies, yes, I know it's unhealthy and whatever but the fact of the matter is I just don't like them for the most part. I'll have a banana or grapes or kiwi every now and then, and usually they're not even ripe yet because I don't like over ripe fruit, especially bananas.




top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join