It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Agenda.. Moon is a UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Hey everyone, this is the first thread I've started. I recently finished a UFO book called Alien Agenda by Jim Marrs. I located a thread about it, but nobody said anything about the thing I wanted to talk about, and it looked like an old thread, so I thought I'd talk about it because it's very interesting. The very first chapter talked about how the moon might actually be a UFO. Below are some of the facts about it, and Jim.. if you have anything to add, please do!

-Many of the rocks found on the moon are much older than rocks on the Earth, and some have even been measured to be older than our solar system.

-The moon's orbit is too much of a perfect circle for the Earth's gravity to have "caught it".

-The moon is too relative to the size of the Earth for the Earth's gravity to have "caught it".

There are records of "pre-lunar" people.

During the Apollo missions they dropped their LM back onto the surface of the moon and seismographic equipment picked up sound reverberations for hours, suggesting the moon is hallow.

There are other facts in the book, but I can't remember them, and my girlfriend is reading the book right now so I don't have it for reference. But I just wanted to throw that out there and see what everyone thinks about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Hmm, that doesn't seem very likely...

However, if true, should we really be calling the moon a UFO? I mean, it's pretty well identified

Also, why has the orbit been predictable and unchanging? A UFO exhibits control over its flight, the moon mindlessly falls towards and away-from the earth
, not very becoming of a UFO.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
hmm i like that it does seem very possible but there is evidence of some older volcanic activity.....and unless the UFO is made of some rock composite machinery i really doubt it.......simply there is more to any kinda ship than just following something i mean sound theory if you ignore everything else there is to do with moon science sorry

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22

-The moon's orbit is too much of a perfect circle for the Earth's gravity to have "caught it".

I've thought that for a while. Im not an astronomer but I think it's suspicious it apparently doesn't rotate and we only see one side of it.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Ridiculous. The moon is a product of the earth from a major collision. The moon is necessary for human life on earth and without it we wouldn't be here. The moons orbit is not perfect either, it moves away from the earth 1.5" a year. No way the moon is an "unidentified flying object".

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by Ketzer22

I've thought that for a while. Im not an astronomer but I think it's suspicious it apparently doesn't rotate and we only see one side of it.

I have thought the fact that we see only the one side of the moon as very puzzling indeed for some years now.

For those in the KNOW of this type of thing why do we only see one side??

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The moon makes a rotation every 29.5 days and also the time it takes to revolve around the earth. Weird? No. The moon used to spin spin very fasy but the earths gravity slowed it down until it became locked with earths own gravity.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
No rotation? Hardly.

It's called 'synchronous rotation'.

Both the rotation of the Moon and its revolution around Earth takes 27 days, 7 hours, and 43 minutes. This synchronous rotation is caused by an unsymmetrical distribution of mass in the Moon, which has allowed Earth's gravity to keep one lunar hemisphere permanently turned toward Earth.

I will grant you that if extraterrestrials visited Earth, the Moon would be a good base camp from which to observe the little creatures below.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Thanks for that info. I was probably lazy and could have looked this up via google but why bother when ATS has so many knowledgable people.

What i do find strange is this synchronising revolution and also the fact that even though the sizes between the moon and the sun are unbelievably huge their distances from earth make them appear to be the same size. To many coincidences with the moon i think

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Not really a coincidence. If you have a satellite rotating about a body in close orbit, over time moving away, at some point there will be an apparent size match, say to the Sun such that you see a precise occultation (Bailey's beads).

It may be quite rare, I'll give you that, especially since we have more-or-less precise eclipses of the Moon by Earth.

I guess I look at it this way.

Explain it by science, study the phenomena or just throw up your hands and say 'it has to be a constructed UFO'?

There's just a lot about the Moon that is unexplored. No need to propose that it's artificial just yet.

I will say this. We certainly have not ruled that out as a possibility. There's some conjecture that one of the moons of Mars shows several characteristics of artificiality, or so some believe.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Interesting subject, and I'm quite
happy to see new people expanding
their minds in new directions.

For futher reading on this subject :

Artificial moon
Artificial moon
Artificial moon
Artificial moon
Artificial moon

Upper right corner is the ATS Search
feature. Many, many more articles
are there, but I just listed a few.

Enjoy,
Lex

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
i have read a book similar and it does have a compelling theory. I have also started a thread on the moon relating to the Apollo 11 transcripts.

Alien Moon Base

Does any one have any evidence that conflicts with the books theory?

[edit on 1-9-2007 by Syntaxstealth]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
As far as moon landings being hoaxed,
I don't buy it.

And the supposed "transcripts" from
Apollo 11 have no factual basis, I.E.
actual recordings, that I've ever
found.

For what I believe is the best debunking
of the majority of these ideas,
this Site has a
plethora of information.

Enjoy,
Lex

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

I find it interesting that no one on this thread has mentioned the foremost book ont this subject. The title is "Who Built the Moon?" and the authors are Christopher Knight and Alan Butler.

If you haven't read this book already, it covers the ideas of how life on this planet cannot exist without the moon exactly as it is. I would go into more detail but I really recommend reading the book instead. (Which should always be the case.)

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I could swear that I've been able to identify that giant white "moon-like" object in the night sky. Heck sometimes you can see it in the day. Jokes aside, the idea of it being hollow is intriging to me and maybe some of you have links to more info on that subject?

-Droops

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrOOpieS
I could swear that I've been able to identify that giant white "moon-like" object in the night sky. Heck sometimes you can see it in the day. Jokes aside, the idea of it being hollow is intriging to me and maybe some of you have links to more info on that subject?

-Droops

For something hollow, it sure causes a hell of a tide.
To bad all of those poor surfers have been "imagining" they've been surfing all these years.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

True, but even if it was hollow, wouldn't the sheer size of the thing still contribute to gravity? I'm not saying it is or isn't hollow, but reading that made me think.

.....maybe I should take up surfing

-Droops

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by I See You

Where is your proof that the moon is a part of the earth from a collision? Everything I've ever read indicates that to be nothing more than a THEORY. The moon is much, much older than the earth, and made up of entirely different minerals.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The moon isn't part of the Planet Earth... it contains elements and unknown materials that are not part of Earth's make up.... Also if the moon was hollow how does the surface still continue to be intact after all those impacts from back in the day ???

I beleive there is more to the Moon than is bieng told but I dont think it involves it bieng a giant EBE craft..... a base possibly but not a giant ship as sorts....

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
You guys seemed to have attacked the orbit of the moon, but what about the records of pre-lunar people.
-Also building on what thesaint said... the moon is the perfect distance from the sun so that when we have an eclipse we see the corona... any closer and it'd block out the corona.. any further and the corona wouldn't be visible. Coincidence? No.

Lex- thanks for the links.. tons of great info =)
Bkcrt- thanks for the book, i'm gonna have to check that one out =)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join