It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New US Embassy In Iraq: Cruesader Castle On The Tigris

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
New US Embassy In Iraq: Crusader Castle On The Tigris

Check Out This New Article About The Embassy: Written 9/1/07
www.timesonline.co.uk...

This is the largest US Embassy built – roughly the size of Vatican City – and at $600 million (£300 million) the most expensive. At a time when millions of Baghdadis outside the green zone receive only a couple of hours of water and electricity daily, Iraqis observe that this project has been completed on time, on budget, and is entirely self-sufficient with its own fresh water supply, electricity plant, sewage treatment facility, maintenance shops and warehouses.

“People are very angry,” said one young Iraqi. “It’s for the Americans, not for the Iraqis.”

The embassy was built with imported labor. This year a congressional committee heard charges that First Kuwaiti General Trading & Contracting told a planeload of Filipino construction workers that they were flying to Dubai to build hotels and did not admit that they were heading for Baghdad until they had taken off, forcing them, in effect, to work there.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites that supports the thread; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as it relates to the thread.

[edit on 1/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
What a bunch of bastards. I can't tell you how mad I would be if put in the position of the building team or the Iraqi's. Whoever owns that base, or whoever made money off its construction -- put me in that persons shoes. I would be quite happy

Thanks for the story,
!

new topics

join