It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A phone call 10 years old...to Art Bell

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I came across this audio clip of a caller to Art Bell, which happened back in 1997. The caller claims to be a former employee of Area 51. He is franticly trying to explain something when suddenly the Art Bells radio show is shut down. (by what?)

Has anyone heard this clip before, and if so, what are your thoughts?

Audio Clip Here

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If i remember correctly the caller called back a few days later a admitted he was just acting, but he had no idea about being cut off for no know reason at the time. I recommend going over the thread that i linked to.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
There is a link on that page (www.pwrsrc.net...) which offers an explanation of the event. However, none of the audio links WORK. I would like to know what was said after the show went off the air

A few things about the call, itself: Nothing is said. No a single word, which could be used to falsify any of his claims, is said. Nothing except "extra-dimensional beings," which doesn't give me a whole lot to work with, other than perhaps putting out some wanted posters: Be on the look out for "beings," last seen in the government, able to transcend dimensions. If found, call electronQM, (1 318 555-4678)

It is stated, that later on, the caller phones back, claiming the whole thing to be a hoax. I don't think this is proof that it was a hoax, because what is important, to me, is what was said, not who claims to have said it.

Which brings me to the next point, NOTHING was said. While this video is hooky and bizarre, it offers the listener absolutely nothing of intellectual nutrition.

Maybe somebody really was about the blow the lid off a "hidden reality," but as nothing was said, how can we know?

If I had to guess the validity of this call, I'd say it's fake for the following reasons:

1) The caller says he has little time, ensuring that after introductions, at any point, he reserves the right to abruptly end the call, under that guise. This is insurance for a) Not having an answer, b) Being caught in a lie, c) verifying anything he's said, d) providing credentials, e) denying any information, to the listener, upon request. Its basically an escape from the prying hand of the listener, which is not very becoming of a whistle blower.

2) Presumably, whatever he's about to say, he has known about for a long enough time to digest the information. Why, then, is he so emotionally distraught, tongue tied, and incapable of providing any information we can use?

3) If he is short on time and has the intentions of exposing a secrete, why is he so cryptic?

Why is this audio 99 parts emotion, 1 part anything else? I'll tell you why, because this guy has nothing to tell us. He Throws out a few vague words and cryptic sentences, then tries to sell it with an eruption of emotion.

I don't buy this for a second. I'd like to hear something falsifiable.

In case you don't know what that means, i'll give you an example of something falsifiable, and something not falsifiable.

1) All terrorists are of Arab decent.

2) If Ronald Regan were alive today, he would invade Iran!

The first one is what's called "falsifiable," because at any time it can be disproved by finding a terrorist who is not Arab.

The second is not falsifiable, because it is impossible to know what a dead person thinks.

Do you see the difference? When he says "These are extra-dimension beings," how do you go about proving or disproving that? Offering up something that can be verified would be much more useful, like "Here is a classified physics equation, which proves extra-dimensional travel is possible." Or, "listen to your radios, on this frequency. These beings periodically send messages using radio waves at this frequency." Just give us anything that could be construed as proof!

This tape gives nothing, though.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
electronQM, I do not necessarily agree with you on this one. For one thing it can be very unnerving to come onto a national radio program and even more so when it is Art Bell you are talking to. Also his voice sounds very convincing and you can tell the man is scared to death to be divulging info to the public. He sounded like a typical scientist that works in covert Government operations. I think that he came back on after pressure or paranoia to say that it was a hoax. It just feels real to me. Is there any audio of the return and the hoax admission? I heard the show that night, do not remember the following night with the guy coming back on.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Ive heard this tape many times and it is a classic. As far as the caller calling back and saying it was a hoax I don't quite believe because there was at one time a voice comparison done that concluded that the original callers frantic voice did not match the voice to the caller who called back claiming it was faked. So that means either the original caller has "disappeared" some how and the caller who called in saying it was a hoax was by "those" who made the original caller disappear (MIB?), or the second call was done by someone who was just messing around and thought it would be cool to act like they were the original caller just to be on the Art Bell show.

It is very odd tho that this call was disconnected because the Art Bell show had lost all power and the station went on its back-up power systems which has never happened ever before in the history of the show. As if "those" who wanted the call to end found it easier to cut the power from the radio station to end the call because it was faster or maybe they couldn't pin point where the original caller was calling from yet to hang up the call that way.

This has been known as the "Famous satellite loss caller" and they have done a "reverse speech" study on the call which is very interesting also and can be found here along with other Art Bell area 51 calls.

Not sure if the first call was a hoax IMO,
Bzzzzzzz

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   

a voice comparison done that concluded that the original callers frantic voice did not match the voice to the caller who called back claiming it was faked.

I was unaware of this. But this is quite a interesting event.

Also, the loss of "earth lock" is not a uncommon event, but it doesnt happen every day either. That is one hell of a coincidence that signal was lost at this very moment during a call of this nature.

[edit on 1/9/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I remember reading an article in the news, that software had been designed and demonstrated that can duplicate any specific persons voice, with very little audio-sampling of that voice. Not only that, but the voice could be created in real time.

So, it is easily within the realm of possibility, that somebody with the right connections, called in to imitate that persons voice. It would be as easy as hacking my account, then pretending to post as me.
You would never know, because, heck, all you can do is listen/read. If it sounds like him, it must be him. Just like if its posted by electronQM, I must have said it.

Why would they have to call back, though? Nothing was revealed.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Yeah it happens quite often, Callers say oh I used to work for this unit or agency then the military shuts the show down electronically for a few seconds then Art will warn the caller that you cant say that because they are listening and then the show goes on.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
All I know about this is that it's used as a sample in the Tool song "Fiaap de Oiad", just without Art Bell's part and with scary sound effects. It's a hidden track on the album Lateralus and scared the crap out of me the first time I heard it. I'm on the fence about it but probably more on the hoax side than real, especially since a fairly big rock band has used it in a song and is still doing fine.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
As said by leafdarking, I also heard this first on Tool's Lateralus album. Then researched it, and found the story and the real audio clip.

I have to say, considering who Tool are and what they're about, this could be real or a hoax. I don't think you can use the fact that it's on a Tool cd to base any decision as to it being a hoax or not. Tool have a bad habit of giving fans total red herrings, but also some really interesting truths. There's also a big story behind Tool's reason for using this call as a song, but I won't go into that just now.

To electronQM, you're right, there's nothing said in it that makes much sense, or tells us anything. But to me, that just makes it more interesting. Nothing was really said, so why was he cut off?

Many people believe Art Bell cut him off, just to play a prank. But I fail to see how he would have had the ability to shut down the whole radio station. Also, this is the first time in the history of the radio station that it has happened. Surely there have been far scarier stories they could have used in a hoax.

What the caller says is difficult to believe or disbelieve. I think it's more interesting that this guy was cut off. It still kind of creeps me out, when I'm lying late at night, thinking that whether or not it's true, this phonecall was made, and cut off. Imagine driving through the desert at night, listening to that station and that happened.

Haha, so, as you'll see, I'm neither here no there with it. But I want to believe.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by outofcentre]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Yeah it happens quite often, Callers say oh I used to work for this unit or agency then the military shuts the show down electronically for a few seconds then Art will warn the caller that you cant say that because they are listening and then the show goes on.

I kinda don't believe Art would actually do that... Some things to consider:

The guy called into the special hotline number that Art specifically set up in request for workers at Area 51 to call in. If in fact Art would have to do this, the specific topic he choose for the special hotline was not the best one.

There was in fact a reporter with Art that evening, there doing some kind of story on him I believe, and he seemingly didn't seemed to indicate anything of that sort occurred after they went off the air. He stated that the conversation went on for a little bit longer, then he herd the guy scream and the call ended...

The take down actually lasted over half an hour, and Art came back online using an alternate means of broadcast (I believe using some type of phone based connection). The clip thats played cuts out the fact that the pause between going off the air and coming back online was actually quite long. Its my understanding they played a clip from a previous broadcast during the down time (I believe the topic was legalizing Marijuana, actually). So this wasn't a taking out that lasted a couple minutes, it was for a very long time.

And in case the above paragraph is somewhat confusing, the cut-off occurred between Art Bell & the broadcaster. The actual broadcast still functioned properly.

Art could have, if he needed to (and he actually did work to actively cut information off like that), cut that call off at any point in time and claimed the connection was lost before anything that needed cutting off was said... In this way you end up giving a little plausibility to what is being said (oh, they interfered with the phone system) but still left doubt (he hung up on his own because he was messing around). In essence being taken down like that in that manner seems to lend a lot more credence to the story & all the information that had been successfully given before the take down...

[edit on 9/5/2007 by bobbyt]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Art has lost calls before, many of them at crucial times when someone is saying something very controversial.
He's also had knocks at his door at 3 am from MIB's or the equivalent

I think Art finally had it and decided it wasnt worth it.

George wouldnt be a threat to the government because he manages to agree with both sides and speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think anybody interested in this type of thing should pick up a copy of PLANETARY DUALITY by THE FACELESS. I know its death/progressive metal, but listen to the lyrics with the music, and it all comes together swimmingly.
The only kind of music fitting with the specific topics. A soundtrack to information we should all be able to receive.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
i think this entire thing had to be looked at with new eyes. I have been reading everything there is to read about area 51, i recently saw the poster "john lear"(one word) and he spoke of a scary audio tape from a "regression" of an employee of gov't. Later in his posts its revealed that this audio tape is indeed the same as this alleged "phone call" of an area 51 employee. "john lear" then goes on to verify, that this is indeed not even a phone call but a "regression" of this particular employee. I dont know who this "john lear" man is but he claimed to know a lot of peaople involved in the Dulce allagations. OKay.. so im taking all this in and, **when it comes down to it, this phone call to a on air radio station from a so called area 51 employee( he states no job title rank or any other formal title ) and he says he was released from the base 1 week prior to this call.(*why wait if its so urgent?) he says and mind you this was in 1997, that there will be some sort of attack/crisis or what have you that will "wipe out major people of metropolitan cities(*its been over 10 years since this call and nothing of the sort has happened, 911 only killed less than 3000 ppl, a shame yes , public cleansing NO) Also....***why has no one realized that on these recording of this call i heard a few between here and youtube...* that once the call cuts off and the radio show gets shut down, SHUT DOWN, how is the phone still recording????that would not happen, Art Bell came on after the minute or less of silence and said how there running on a generator now! meaning there was just NO power..NO Power=Call Stops.. Dead..Leading me to my conclusion***Maybe or more than likely this call was staged by the radio station they pretended to shut down right when the beans would have been spilled...Its simply a publicity stunt, then they do it a year later when the "same guy" called back to say how it was a hoax..Just boosting more publicity a year later.. i truely believe its that simple. No former employee, No catastrophe killing mass ppl in major cities, and the radio station that still has a buzz over this "call" 11+years later...do the math guys, as much as id love to believe it..it just isnt...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by iroker
Also....***why has no one realized that on these recording of this call i heard a few between here and youtube...* that once the call cuts off and the radio show gets shut down, SHUT DOWN, how is the phone still recording????that would not happen, Art Bell came on after the minute or less of silence and said how there running on a generator now! meaning there was just NO power..NO Power=Call Stops.. Dead..

It is unfortunate that the current recordings jump from the cut-off at the station to a brief moment of silence, then into Art trying to explain what had just happened. I say it is unfortunate because that IS NOT how it went down. He was off the air for over a half an hour. I remember the incident because I was listening to the show while doing my college homework and the dude's panicky voice made me stop and listen. The show shut down and was silent for a good 5+ minutes before the station I was listening on shifted to a loop of AP Network News.

I'll tell you something else, I never realized until just now that the call-in was on September 11th. Weired coincidence...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by leafdarking

[edit on 9/17/2009 by nicholas.zupancic]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Complete Acting. It's a prank call.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Why medically discharge him? Why not just kill him if he knew so much?

Why did Art have someone with him that night (If memory serves, I think it was someone from Playboy magazine or similar)?, the only company he normally has is his wife or a cat.

Balderdash, the only odd thing in hindsight is the date.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
After listening to the call, the thing that really hit me was when he says "... They are not what they claim to be..." now i know that he didn't mean it in a literally sense,(as in appearance wise) but as in they must have had ulterior motive. It kills me that he does not go into details on what those motives might be.

Someone please enlighten me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join