It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Gravel on Real Time with Bill Maher

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I was pretty surprised to find that Mike Gravel was on Maher's panel of speakers as opposed to an individual interview either before or near the end of the panel discussion, as is the conventional appearance on the show of a politician running for office.

I was also surprised to find that he didn't act as insane as he normally does. He always complains during debates about his lack of time, and i sympathize with him on that. But it was refreshing to see him more collected and relaxed.

Honestly, i don't think Mike Gravel is what the nation needs for a leader. I do, however, think his role is key in raising awareness to the fact that our politicians are elected on personality, not policy. I enjoy his calling out of opponents and democracts running alongside him in the presidential race. I think it is important that we not forget about the fact that nothing will change if we keep electing the same type of politician while our nation legislates and gridlocks itself into ineffectiveness.

Ron Paul is still my favorite candidate interview to date on Real Time. Dennis Kucinich is hard for me to take too seriously because i honestly don't believe we live in a world where hugs is going to make it all better. I think Americans need to circle the wagons and start looking out for Americans before our bad reputation bleeds into our domestic infrastructure.

Far and away, however, Mike Huckabee was the worst candidate interview.
His attempts at humor fell far short and made him look out of touch, and his laminated response on Evolution vs Creation is so tired that he needs to put it down for bed and change up his answer a bit.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
bill maher is such a joke, i swear if it wasn't for Bush he wouldn't know what to talk about.
Everytime he opens his mouth you know it is going to be a bash Bush statement. He is so obsessed in his hatred it is totally consuming him reminds me of Gollum "my preccciouuuss"
he's even starting to look like him:

"my precciouusss!"

[edit on 1-9-2007 by infiltr8u]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Bill Maher has plenty of things to talk about, and politics is just one of them. Of course he has things to say about Bush, he's the presidet of the united states. It's not so much that Maher hates Bush, it's that Maher is a critic. I guarantee he will criticize the next president and administration, regardless of which party is in control.

I personally think Bill feels more passionately about religion and all the junk that has been loaded into our food supply. It just so happens that Bush is and has been a hot topic since his election, and talking about Bush probably yields the highest ratings. Besides, Real Time discusses current events, of which the President is a major player.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

but dont you agree that he does look like gollum a little bit?

new topics

top topics

join