It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN and Fox News - First time viewer - wow...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
First off let me just say, i havent signed into this account in a long time but what i just witness on my TV set, well, i cant sit in silence.

Being from the UK i usually only follow UK news but out of interest i flicked over to the only us news channels i have available, CNN and Fox.

All i can say is i am utterly shocked and apauled by the outright, blatant and laughable propaganda these channels were almost constantly spewing out at me!

Ive read alot from US ATS members complaining about the same thing but i actually cannot beleive how bad it really is!

Surely news reports and the people that report them should be giving unbiased, as it is, make up your own mind reports. Let alone SNEERING in an almost theatrical manner in reference to "the small number of freedom hating americans that dont support bush and want our brave soldiers to die". Its childish name calling at best! not news!

Its an insult to the intelligence and free thinking of every American!

Now dont get me wrong, im not bashing the troops over there, my countrys troops are out their dying too. And im sure they beleive theyre doing the right thing otherwise they wouldnt be there. But is anyone else almost discusted by the "Anvil of God" tributes they keep re running on their? Its an insult to the troops let alone anyone else!

and "oh dont worry, we're killing them all, here look at a dead one" Anvil of God......... How is that any better then muslim extremists rejoicing over the dead american and british troops?

I know these arnt word for word factual quotes, but anyone else who has been watching will understand the point im making.

Wow, just, wow. I am completely shocked. I really did not understand how bad its got. I hoping for the sake of america thats its not just a few "terrorist loving freedom hating bush bashers SNEER BOOO" that arnt buying this junk. Im going to sleep to tonight presuming nobody could really be so stupid as to buy into this. Otherwise i wont sleep a wink.....

good lord

p.s: note to mods, not sure if this is the correct forum for this post i did look around and it seemed most apropriate.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
i have to agree with you CNN does suck

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I don't watch the news on TV anymore...the only news I'll watch is on the weather channel. Quite frankly CNN, FOX and other 'news' networks are looking more and more like talk shows. A lot of blah blah blah and reporting actual news is no longer on their priority list, just the ratings. Weather channel at least provides satellite data.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
it is sad to think about.. but the worst of all is that FOX is the #1 "news" station in the U.S. and most people depend one these fo0ls at fox for the news... i use to like cnn and msnbc.. but now (no joke) i come here for the news... lol sad but true.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Yea, this is a social problem I've wrestled with for the past 2 or 3 years.

I don't know what to tell you, dude. I think most Americans realize this problem. I certainly would agree with you, but I don't know what % of Americans share that view.

The major news networks are, more than ever, biased propaganda outlets. What's worse, is there is no accountability for what they report. This means fox news can spin a whole storm of lies, and there's nothing anybody can do about it, other than disagree. For an intelligent American, this just means its time to turn off the tube, but there are some out there who take it as gospel.

I'm glad somebody out there agrees, but this is not news to those of us living with it. It is a terrifying reality.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I don't watch the news on TV anymore...the only news I'll watch is on the weather channel. Quite frankly CNN, FOX and other 'news' networks are looking more and more like talk shows. A lot of blah blah blah and reporting actual news is no longer on their priority list, just the ratings. Weather channel at least provides satellite data.

I do the exact same thing. I have my tv on the weather channel most of the time it is on. But I was highly enrage a few weeks ago when even the weather channel...THE WEATHER CHANNEL...managed to slip a story about the Iraq war into their programming and it was repeated several times that day and the next.

Is their any place on this earth that doent hear about Iraq at all?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Actually I think most American's do not realize that what they are watching is not actually news but someone else's opinion of what is happening in the news. I know most of the people I deal with day in and day out do not believe anything unless it is reported on CNN, Fox, or their local news. It is sad and it is down right pathetic. It is my belief that the majority in the US believe most of what is spoon fed to them.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
i gave up watching main news years ago when it started turning into infotainment rather than news and i don't want to hear someone's opinion or agenda but just the unbiased facts being reported.

you know what would be really useful here is if some members could record and convert one full main news program from their country and upload into a thread to compare how each country 'reports' the news. i think some americans would be shocked at what a joke their news programs are in comparison.

i'm still waiting for www.therealnews.com to get off the ground fully as it sounds exactly like what most people are wanting to watch

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
It is my belief that the majority in the US believe most of what is spoon fed to them.

I agree with that totally. In Australia I notice that the news on the radio is about 50% current events and 50% "research shows that people think like this". The lastest was "people are more concerned about terrorism than rising petrol costs". I have NEVER met ANY Australian who gives the slightest about terrorism. The vast majority seem to believe (wrongly) that it will never happen here.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
well, thats exactly what the ´boys´want with NWO, thats the basics in the beginning.
a total media control of programs , that most people look.
9/11 was their try to politically get in control .

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
looks like its working too. Unbeleivble....

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Im wondering if you guys get BBC news 24 in the states. Granted there is still subtle brain washing between the lines, but nothing compared to the outright theatrical bullying that goes on Fox and CNN.

Saying that we have a news show called Hard Talk in which one showing interviewed an MP called Gorge Galloway who strongly oposes and recognises exactly what this war is about and the polital agenda both the US and America are trying to force on people. To put it bluntly they spoke to him as if he were some kind of loonatic nazi.

Intelligent man, and one of a few with the balls to stand up and say anything. Look him up on youtube, Gorge Galloway.

Shame he ruined his credibility by going on celebrity big brother.........: |

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
just one example for you

[edit: fixed video code]

[edit on 4-9-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Yes OP, we are going down the crapper
- Except for all my fellow ATS Americans' and a few diamonds in the rough, that is American mentality nowadays. Fox news, followed by the latest IPod commerical, a couple fantasies about their new Ipod, (lets see...), a sexy sports car ad, quick ipod thought, back to Fox news and a 'raise terror alert, orange coding for specified areas' *complete exaggeration. But, you see my point.

Ill say it again, as Ive said before. I dont watch tv, except for a few Yankee games
, and comedy central, but I know all about Paris's new charge, Bush's latest attempted 'encouragement' speech, ect. And why shouldn't I? We have commericals at gas pumps, we have Aol mainframe popping up pics. and headlines of 'their agenda', we have Billboards shouting ideas at us! I mean, seriously. I refuse to excuse any mans concentual ignorance, but my God, no decent man has a chance at gaining any kind of helping hand in quest for truth and enlightenment in present day America - especially our youth!
It should stop at this alone
...but, oh wait, CBS news just came back on, gotta go

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I get so aggravated at the so-called "news", I sometimes yell at the TV. My boyfriend finds it amusing but he's learning a lot about the corruption of the media and the government.

I struggle with the idea of turning off the TV and quitting the news altogether but I would rather stay informed as to what propaganda they're throwing at us every day.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Look, I'm too tired to really add any kick to this thread.

But seriously, the US is a goofy country with goofy citizens. We're manipulted on a daily basis and we don't care. Americans, on the whole, make me sick.

Londoncalling covered the military bias, oh, and here's a fixed version.

Now how about another type of bias

That video is just the tip of that scandal, but you get the idea.

I've stopped caring at this point, because the brainwashed morons are also the ones that will be cheerfully eating and drinking their growth hormones, artificial sweeteners, saturated fats, preservatives, additives, white flours, simple sugars, etc. They'll also be the ones neglecting anything truly heathy while they consume mass quantities of pharmacuticals. And, they'll also be the ones not exercising properly.

Good, so they'll all get cancer and die, and maybe also get diabetes, heart disease, etc. for an extra bonus.
It's called thinning the herd. It's just darwinism in the industrial age. If you cannot adapt and learn to survive our toxic culture then it will destroy you.

I'm sick of being expected to be sympathetic to the self destructive.
See, I told you I was tired, and cranky too...

peace

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It's easy to bash the US news, but those people in the UK should look at our own news output, it's not exactly amazing. I think we are often too close to see it sometimes, whereas it's easier to pick on FOX, as we can see the problems much easier. It would be nice to hear what US citizens think of our news, like BBC news, SKY news (another murdoch outlet like FOX), etc.

Here's something I found interesting while browsing wikipedia

Certain media agencies, notably the BBC and Reuters, except in attributed quotes, avoid the phrase "terrorist" or "freedom fighter", in favour of neutral terms such as "militant", "guerrilla", "assassin", paramilitary or militia to avoid the editorialising implicit in the use of such words. [1] An exception to the rule can be found in the actions of BBC in the 1970s and 1980s. When BBC was reporting on the Troubles in Northern Ireland, it referred[citation needed] to the Provisional Irish Republican Army as terrorists, while referred to members of loyalist armed groups such as the Ulster Defence Association and Ulster Volunteer Force, as "paramilitaries." They continued to use neutral terminology of other "insurgent" conflicts around the world.

en.wikipedia.org...

I wonder if that was a deliberate choice by the BBC, or just the journalists didn't realise they were doing it (which is a whole other issue, subtle conditioning?)

Here's another interesting one from wiki

From the late 1930s until the end of the Cold War, MI5 had an officer at the BBC vetting editorial applicants. During World War II 'subversives', particularly suspected communists such as the folksinger Ewan MacColl, were banned from the BBC. The personnel records of anyone suspicious were stamped with a distinctively shaped green tag, or 'Christmas tree'; only a handful of BBC personnel staff knew what the 'Christmas trees' meant. [1]

en.wikipedia.org...

Now, when was the end of the cold war, that's a little debatable, but if we say as a rough guide the fall of the berlin wall (1989) that's not very long ago, society has changed a bit, but not hugely. Who's to say that similar things aren't still happening.

Of course this is only wikipedia, but they seem to be quite well backed up when you look into it.

Something that was quite odd at the time (and still now), was the treatment of Gerry Adams in the media, his voice was not allowed to be heard, it had to be overdubbed by an actor.

Something that changed the way I see media forever was the satirical show "The Day Today", here are a couple of my favourite pieces:

Bombdogs: Covers reporting on terrorism, and the Gerry Adams voice issue.
www.youtube.com...
War: The medias manufacture of war.
www.youtube.com...

Although in many ways just comedy, satire like this can really help people to start to see through the way the media operates.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I seriously suggest anyone who agrees with me on this issue checks out George Galloway on youtube or google video, he's the only MP with the balls to stand up and say anything, and beleive me what he says is not watered down either. Im sure it'll strike a chord with most members here on ATS. Of course because of this the UK propaganda machine runs him into the ground like an insolent worm.

We need to hook this guy up with Ron Paul, then maybe we might have the slightest chance in hell to change this dire situation around.

Galloway blasts sky news

Galloway vs US senate

Galloway on the O'Reily Factor

Galloway on HardTalk

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Bobafett Something that changed the way I see media forever was the satirical show "The Day Today", here are a couple of my favourite pieces:

Bombdogs: Covers reporting on terrorism, and the Gerry Adams voice issue.
www.youtube.com...
War: The medias manufacture of war.
www.youtube.com...

Although in many ways just comedy, satire like this can really help people to start to see through the way the media operates.

I'm sure you know about these shows...Jon Stewart 'Daily Show' and The Colbert Report are the 2 shows that were able to decondition me, so to speak (along with a growing number of Americans ).

It's the only way to be able to cope; laugh at them
Get out your frustration in some form. And just to know that there are others out there laughing too, helps me get to sleep at night- hehe!

www.comedycentral.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm from that frozen wasteland called Canada, which btw, appears to be despised by a large number of Americans because we didn't fall for BUSH's pronouncement of 'you're either with us or against us'...

Anyhew...... A large percentage of Americans live close enough to Canada to pick up the left-leaning, massively publicly-subsidized CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation). You want fair and balanced news.... watch CBC you'll get it there not like the crap that sex crazed O'Reilly and the looney bunch at Faux serve up.............

[edit on 7-9-2007 by eNaR]

[edit on 7-9-2007 by eNaR]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join