It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Chinese Uranium Poses Serious Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Missing Chinese Uranium Poses Serious Threat

www.newsmax.com

China is missing some uranium and they have no idea where it has gone.

Seventeen pounds of highly radioactive uranium was stolen in an attempt to resell the deadly element on the black market.

Four Chinese citizens have been charged with an attempt to sell enriched uranium between 2005 and 2007. The men were arrested in January after a potential buyer turned them in to the Chinese police.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well, after reading this, if we have a "spectacular" attack soon, as our authorities have been warning, we can pretty much assume, this material could be used...this is scary...

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
17 pounds is enough for a dirty bomb - probably - but hardly enough for a "real" bomb. Put it together with the 100s of pounds gone missing from Russian stocks, there is enough out there to make a "botleg" nuclear bomb.

Great find, btw.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Here is a thread and article about the Uranium Theft from about one week ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
17 pounds is enough for a dirty bomb - probably - but hardly enough for a "real" bomb. Put it together with the 100s of pounds gone missing from Russian stocks, there is enough out there to make a "botleg" nuclear bomb.

Great find, btw.

Thanks! Finally someone replied to this...
Yeah, I thought of this myself concerning a dirty bomb. There is enough there to do some kind of damage. You know I will be a lot more relaxed after 9-11-07 passes and nothing happens. Just real jittery about that date this year...Maybe because of the eclipse happening and it being on a Tuesday again....creepy...

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Thanks AllSeeingI for letting me know

top topics

join