It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF: Time is an ILLUSION!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viendin
As I've said before, there are infinite integers, but integers still exist. So do decimals. The fact that there is an infinity between 1 and Infinity does not mean that there is an infinity between 1 and 1.01.

there is an infinity between 1 and 1.01

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morrison
when you think about it, time is a word we created with a definition to explain things that already happened, are happening now, and things that haven't happened yet

trying to explain the way the universe works (discussing time/infinity/eternity) is over our heads as human beings, just like the Egyptians when they couldn't explain why the Nile river flooded the same time every year, so they started the calendar, and when they couldn't figure out why it rained, they said it was a God and gave it a name

something that was over their heads, they created a word with a definition and explanation to satisfy themselves, and I think that is what time is, another example just like that, and we have yet to discover the true workings of "time" and the universe

yes, this is a good similarity..time and distance is all just relative, but we dont really understand HOW time works or WHY it works, we can just measure it with our own system.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Exactly. But that in no way makes it real. The same as applying rain to God in no way means that is also true. We observe, and we label. But our observations are not necessarily reality, as many have already mentioned.

That's all I'm saying. Time does exist for us, as we experience it. Yet reality doesn't always conform to observation.

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
yup and that about sums it up

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Excuse me if I missed this, but the Law of Conservation of Energy states that energy is neither created nor destroyed, it is simply transferred.

I sure am glad I don't smoke pot anymore, or this thread would have me all twisted up.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Ok, here is something i have found, proof time is man made.

The rotation of the Earth on its axis and its rotation around the sun have served as the basis for timekeeping since the dawn of history.

www.npl.co.uk...

I I think this site should clear some things up. For people that are confused anyway.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by shawndavid
Excuse me if I missed this, but the Law of Conservation of Energy states that energy is neither created nor destroyed, it is simply transferred.

I sure am glad I don't smoke pot anymore, or this thread would have me all twisted up.

Exactly, due to that law, something could not have been created out of nothing. All that exists is eternal and existed forever, ALWAYS. But because we cannot surpass and overcome infinity, and in order to exist we would HAVE to (if time is real), then time must not exist.

Just the plain idea of time is silly when you consider multi-dimentional reality.. the fact that there are infinity of dimentions and ALL that can ever possibly exist, indeed DOES exist. It all exists simultaneously.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join