It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a woman's perspective PLZ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I am having some problems with my girlfriend of 3 yrs. and i would like the insight of a woman to help me out here.

I recently moved in with her 5 hrs from where we grew up. We have been together for 3 yrs, for a little over a half year she was away from me. She is REALLY MAD at me and almost wants to kick me out.

I have been here for a month and still don't have a job, she thinks i don't try at all (and yes I have only put in a handful of applications, but I've never really HAD to have a job before and i don't know the area well, Lame excuses I know) I should also mention that before i was here she paid all of the bills and had money left over to spend on herself.

I am waiting till i find a job to start school, and I play a video game in some online tournaments and ladders, she hates this sometimes.

I am wondering if the women out there could tell me what the biggest problem most likely is and how i should go about fixing this situation.

Ex

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is my take on this....also " Hi--7Pan7cho7"

She is looking for more.
She may be looking for COMMITMENT in the relationship
a partnership to achieve the goals she has in mind,
maybe a family or a home?
An idea that you are on the same path as her
and are willing to do whatever it takes to
contribute in a more equal fashion.
Emotionally, as well as financially....

Talking the talk is fine, but you must also walk the walk!

[edit on 8/31/2007 by Ex]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Ok i know you specificly asked for a womans perspective here and im not, but come on dude just who do you think you are fooling here you are sitting at home playing video games while she is out supporting you, and you wonder why on earth she is mad at you. You want for her mood to change drastically for the better put the games away and get a JOB and get yourself in school ASAP. Granted there is more to living someone than just that but you will not believe how much houshold tension you will relieve just by taking those three little steps.

Men dont make excuses they conquor and your not. And hate to break it to you but it costs more to support two than it does one. The other thing you are not gonna want to hear, unless you get yourself together and do what it is you know you should be doing you will not only be homeless you will be girlfriendless.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

Good call, and wise words Jovi1

I know there are times when the shoe is on the other foot and the woman is staying at home, most of the time that's a family decision, for the sake of raising kids etc. OP.....while you are looking for a job, are you doing anything around the home to be helpful to your working mate? Some cleaning up, cooking, various things would be helpful, I'm sure, but not as appreciated as you having a job
And those video games are gonna get you in a bunch of trouble. If you want this relationship to work, it's time to grow up and be responsible...Now go out and find a job...it will makes things better at home, or, go back to your momma because your girlfriends isn't ready to play momma to you.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I know I need to do that and thank you all for your input. I don't play the games just to play them, but i know that the level I'm at my team will only make about $300 dollars or so each for the tournaments we play, I'm pretty much giving up on them, because it doesn't seem like they want to play at the same level i do.

That's what i thought, but i guess i just needed to hear it from others.

Thanx guys

top topics

join