It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran atom work at slow pace and not significant: IAEA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Iran atom work at slow pace and not significant: IAEA

ca.today.reuters.com

VIENNA (Reuters) - Iran's uranium enrichment program is operating well below capacity and is far from producing nuclear fuel in significant amounts, according to a confidential U.N. nuclear watchdog report obtained by Reuters.

A senior Iranian nuclear official said the International Atomic Energy Agency's (IAEA) report showed U.S. suspicions about Tehran's nuclear intentions were baseless.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I guess the impending invasion will need a new excuse...

ca.today.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

“Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says that, contrary to recent news reports, Tehran has not slowed its nuclear activity. In a lengthy news conference in the Iranian capital, the president also warned Iran would respond if the United States goes ahead with plans to label the Revolutionary Guards a terrorist organization.”
voanews.com...

If I look for truth I never look to NPO's out of the UN.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Comforter]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comforter
reply to post by RogerT

“Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says that, contrary to recent news reports, Tehran has not slowed its nuclear activity. In a lengthy news conference in the Iranian capital, the president also warned Iran would respond if the United States goes ahead with plans to label the Revolutionary Guards a terrorist organization.”
voanews.com...

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Comforter]

So you are saying that in your opinion voanews.com is more reliable/reputatable than the UN? I just want to make sure I understand. Because if you ARE saying that; what is your justification?

Vas

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Who said anything about an invasion? I thought the talk was about air and naval strikes? I havent seen/heard anything about a ground assault except from the ATS folks but with no evidence?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comforter
voanews.com...

Voice of America?

Come on, their entire mandate, their entire history, is to serve as a propaganda tool for the United States of America. That`s why they exist.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
Voice of America?

Come on, their entire mandate, their entire history, is to serve as a propaganda tool for the United States of America. That`s why they exist.

I eat my words. I looked further at the web page and if, in fact, there are legitimate news sources out there in our world, then they are probably one of them.

Vas

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
I guess the impending invasion will need a new excuse...

What? That's silly. The Powers That Be don't need any excuse to do what they want. With all the main media outlets in the palm of Their hands, they can just cook up a firestorm of propaganda and the common people who are too lazy to think for themselves will just eat it up wholesale

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
One point I wanted to make concerning this Feel Good article was to consider the sources:

“according to a confidential U.N. nuclear watchdog…”

“A senior Iranian nuclear official said…”

As opposed to the Iranian President Mahmound Ahmadinejad.

I know the Iranians were constructing a facility with prints from N. Korea to build missiles that would reach 5,000 Kilometers with upgrades soon to be supplied (this was 2004) that would make missiles that would reach 10,000 Kilometers. I know because I was nearby across the boarder at the time with a group keeping an eye on them.

The Iraq war has without doubt increased the war making capabilities of the greater geographical region. Not in any sane persons interests.

The US could give Iran a Thorium fueled reactor and see if all they really want is electricity or not. Thorium fuel does not leave any nuclear weapons grade material in its life cycle.

From what I know of WMD there should be a greater concern about bio-fungal and nerve agents than nuclear weapons.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
RogerT

great post

i`ve posted many times IAEA reports about the programme - and the inspections - and how they are not finding anything - and how the reactor that has been built is a LPW type (light pressure water) that is nearly impossible to use in a weapons programme

but the `patriots` ignore them and continue on with there agenda

so much for `deny ignorance` that this website is supposed to stand for

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Harlequin,
This Patriot has worked both light water commercial plants and heavy water weapons facilities. Regardless what propaganda you have been peddled weapons grade byproduct, that is material for “dirty bombs” are a by product of light water plants particularly those with 98 % enrichment (like the Russian designs) as opposed to the 5 to 8 % or US reactors. Iran simply does not intend to use tritium enrichment they want to saturate the atmosphere. So the next Iman born of man can bring about a new world, blah, blah, nuts, bananas. Oh and with those wonderful facilities in Iran no need to worry about an ACCIDENT. Gees Luise I would love to test those inspectors your so confident in.

My point one more time is to give the retards in Iran a Thorium fueled reactor. That is the only light water reactor fuel that does not have by products that could be used for “dirty” warheads, or bombs. If I seem bitter I am. My whole body burden is over 13,000 mR, mostly from inspections of light water commercial plants and yours is?

top topics

join