It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is something that No 1 can anwser and get it right Where Did God Come From?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise

Or maybe even we make ourselves suffer because of our BS.

I think this is pretty much it.

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is not." - The Buddha

If people just stopped being greedy they'd stop making (more) problems for themselves, and yes even the poor can be greedy.

A good example is those Katrina victims who in a time of need used their money cards to buy I-Pods, $200 purses, or some $150 Air Jordans, whatever they went on a shopping spree with those cards. I don't know... stuff like that maybe.

Tell that to those who have to walk 20km just to get water... I'm sure they're greedy for water and that's why it's their fault.

Originally posted by depth om
One more thing, When you see a poor/needy person, stop saying God needs to do something and let God work through you, by YOU doing it. Alot of the time, God's hands manifest themselves in people who do his will. I help my fellow man, I give my pocket money up, and I say "God did this".

[edit on 1-9-2007 by depth om]

Lets see you give up your house and everything for all those in the third world country. The fact is one person can't make a difference in the world (maybe only if your rich), and if god did exist then he's the only person who can.

Why do you guys say nobody knows gods plan, then go on saying this is gods plan.

He must be one great god up there...

[edit on 1-9-2007 by AncientVoid]

[edit on 1-9-2007 by AncientVoid]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
You learn the precepts of his plan in his word.

And my friend, you DO make a difference in the world.

By merely breathing in and out, you affect the universe as a whole. Are you a preacher of the gospel of science? Then you should know that everything always affects everything.

When you help a person, you HELP THAT PERSON. You change the world everyday for better or for worse, so do not be ignorant of things and declare that one man can do nothing.

Later

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
edit:double

[edit on 2-9-2007 by depth om]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid
Tell that to those who have to walk 20km just to get water... I'm sure they're greedy for water and that's why it's their fault.

Why do you guys say nobody knows gods plan, then go on saying this is gods plan.

I don't know god's plan, I just share my guesses and theories, mostly for fun, on what it is.

The person needing to walk 20 km to water is a man made problem. A person put into a difficult situation, at that point, can either do something about it and turn it into something positive, or let it be another thing that ruins their life. That is choice.

Also, back on topic, Where did God come from?

If God exists, then the miracle of his existence is equal with ours. It's like people talking about ETs, saying how could we be alone in such a vast universe... Well how could we be alone? How could we be the only thing that is here in this amazing indescribable universe that works in ways we don't understand and is larger than we can comprehend (but with no reference point we are still relying on relativity, it may even be tiny and we don't even know it)? Most will admit to the possibilities, to say this as fact would require proof. I am just exploring the possibilities here. Nothing more.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
You learn the precepts of his plan in his word.

And my friend, you DO make a difference in the world.

By merely breathing in and out, you affect the universe as a whole. Are you a preacher of the gospel of science? Then you should know that everything always affects everything.

When you help a person, you HELP THAT PERSON. You change the world everyday for better or for worse, so do not be ignorant of things and declare that one man can do nothing.

Later

And what exactly is his plan?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid

And what exactly is his plan?

well, so far it's take heed of the gospel he's sent us and be positive witnesses for Christ, lending hand and mind to our fellow man.

Telling him of Jesus, let him decide for himself, but above all else bring him the message to hear, regardless of what he does with it.

God says the reborn are his saints. We are to strive to uphold his commandments and stay near to him with body, mind, and spirit, by giving up worldly routine and thinking. Giving up time of the self for time of prayer and communion with the father.

The Bible describes the plan his followers are to maintain. Gods basic instructions.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by depth om]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Who cares where 'god' came from, there are and have been millions of them throughout the ages. The idea of a deity is nothing new and was probably created in the minds of the uneducated to try and give meaning to the world around them.

There is no evidence, throughout the ages, that proves the existance of any of the deities that people believe(d) in. That is a trend that continues today.

G

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yes there have been tons of so called gods throughout history, but when someone says, "Where did God come from?" it is safe enough to assume that they are asking the not unheard of question: "What created the original creator?" It's not a stupid question in my opinion because it is probably the most difficult philosophical question there is. I think it is very good that the OP has this question on his mind, a sign perhaps of strong thoughtfulness and open mindedness, but what do I know.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This youtuber makes some great points please check it out when you get a chance.... www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
"God" as people call it is really just another word for "Universal Energy", basically, its electricity. All atoms are made of tiny electrical charges. A proton is positive, electron negative, and a neutron is neutral.

Of course God as you people know it is an easily angered figure and you cant see his"its" face or you'll die. A lot of this is controllers. CONTROLLERS. The thing about gods face is a metaphor saying dont play god or something bad will happen. But as we all know, we all played god at one point in our life.

God doesnt get angry, it cant. Electricity doesnt get angry. God getting angry is just for control, just like hell. God's temper is just a religious way of saying "Follow our rules or your soul gets it" whitch wont happen because you are your soul and you have complete control. The religios leaders found a way of getting to us, Except Jesus. He said a couple words, and they got severly distorted by most of his decifles.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by shiman
"God" as people call it is really just another word for "Universal Energy", basically, its electricity. All atoms are made of tiny electrical charges. A proton is positive, electron negative, and a neutron is neutral.
How can electricity or energy create emotion in man ...how is it able to create love, sorrow ,sadness, anger etc and everything else

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gracebewithyou

Not bad,(youtube that is) until the assumption that you need an intelligence to form the universe then it just falls flat on its face.

G

[edit on 7-9-2007 by shihulud]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gracebewithyou

How can electricity or energy create emotion in man ...how is it able to create love, sorrow ,sadness, anger etc and everything else

I see your point, but why can't it? Why can't it do it the same way 'god' does it? Which ever way he does it.

People thought there was a sun god, rain god, etc.. just to explain the world around them. Shiman isn't that far off...

[edit on 8-9-2007 by AncientVoid]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by austinthetitan
WHERE DID GOD COME FROM?

Man's need to have answers in a time before science.

I.e., our primate imagination.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gracebewithyou

Electricity is what creates the emotions thru chemical reactions. Remember that all chemicals are made of atoms, and atoms are made of electronic particals. In turn, these chemicals mix with neurons creating electric signals interpreted as emotions

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join