It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is something that No 1 can anwser and get it right Where Did God Come From?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I know that this question is alittle stupid but i dont think that any 1 can anwser this question correctly, WHERE DID GOD COME FROM?

Feel free 2 anwser

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Everything that has existed had the potential to exist. We exist, therefore we had the potential to exist. If God exists, then he had the potential to exist. This is where God (whatever your view of God is) came from, potential.

Just my theory. Could mean something or nothing.

BTW, just because something comes first doesn't have to mean that the things that come later are any less incredible. If you look at things as cycles, and every aspect of time as the outside of a circle, the edges are round. There is no head, and all things in creation are equal (and equally amazing).

I don't know, I'm just seeing how far back I can set philosophy back with my guesses and theories. Seriously though, just trying to get the ball rolling on this discussion. Your question can only be answered with theories, nobody knows.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by austinthetitan
WHERE DID GOD COME FROM?

The mind of man?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Are you saying god isnt real?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Very Perceptive Answer!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The idea of god came from people who couldn't answer many of lifes questions on their own. If you can't explain it, you can bet it was god.

I guess some people just like to have the answers fed to them rather than find them on their own.

Ex

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
God is not limited to time and space as we are.
He created it, and therefore is beyond and within
the very minds that cannot accept that there
is a spirit greater than themselves.
The Bible says he has always existed

Psalm 90:2
...even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God

So, where did God come from?
He didn't.
He always was!!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by austinthetitan

I'll assume this was in response to me.

If we consider that there is no objective, reliable, and verifiable evidence for godesses, then I think it is the most likely answer.

We have a tendency to apply agency to many areas of nature, to anthropomorphise forces and the unexplained. Diseases were due to spirits and demons, now we have germ theory (still is for some). Thunder and lightening was the actions of Zeus, now we know it's just physics (but some still think tsunamis are punishments from on high).

Not asking you to agree. But you wanted an answer, and I provided one.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex

He didn't.
He always was!!

But dosent that sort of not make sense?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
The idea of god came from people who couldn't answer many of lifes questions on their own. If you can't explain it, you can bet it was god.

I guess some people just like to have the answers fed to them rather than find them on their own.

Since I follow Christ, I am less enlightened than you are? Less aware of my surroundings and how they operate? How things work, the big picture? I'm less intelligent? You don't know me.

Generalization is illogical, seeing as every human being is different. Malice and ego is all your comment displayed.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by austinthetitan

Originally posted by Ex

He didn't.
He always was!!

But dosent that sort of not make sense?

Reality doesnt make much sense when you begin to look at it objectively.
Better yet humans dont make sense on a daily basis.

Who defines what makes sense? What is Sense? Where did Sense come from?

[edit on 1/9/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole

Since I follow Christ, I am less enlightened than you are? Less aware of my surroundings and how they operate? How things work, the big picture? I'm less intelligent? You don't know me.

Generalization is illogical, seeing as every human being is different. Malice and ego is all your comment displayed.

If you are so aware of your surronding then you would see the lower part of society which we and 'god' rejects. That the poor suffer hopelessly and how they are in dire need for money and help. Are you going to say this is 'gods' plan? You would also know how so many things in the bible contradicts with the world we see today.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by AncientVoid]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AncientVoid

If you are so aware of your surronding then you would see the lower part of society which we and 'god' rejects. That the poor suffer hopelessly and how they are in dire need for money and help. Are you going to say this is 'gods' plan? You would also know how so many things in the bible contradicts with the world we see today.

I don't 'suppose' for any 'almighty' what would be a plan.

We all make plans everyday; some come to fruition, others fall at the gates.

As far as me casting a stone to what would be 'rejects of society', I would suppose at this point, that I meld into this quite nicely.

How can anyone 'know' what will come about for the greater good?

I heard this saying:

Man can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the apples in a seed

How do we ALL dare to suppose unto each other?

It's not our 'right' at this point.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
If he was so great, god woudln't need people to suffer...
As far as i see it, those who has the power to end suffering and don't, is just as guilty as those who causes it.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
the best answer, based on all available evidence, would be the mind of some person...

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I created him from the spare parts of other gods I ate. And let me tell you my recipe for godsteak is to DIE for.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid
If he was so great, god woudln't need people to suffer...
As far as i see it, those who has the power to end suffering and don't, is just as guilty as those who causes it.

Or perhaps we are meant to suffer or maybe even we make ourselves suffer because of our BS. Or maybe you need to think before you speak erm type.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid

These arguments fail. Needy people don't believe in God? Again, you presume without knowing. I was a missionary for 2 years in Tanzania when I was 17. Those poor and starving were in many cases more faithful than myself. Ancient Void, you don't know God's plan. You don't understand why those who need help often times do not get it? Why not.

In a debate you must know your source material. These questions "why is god so mean? Are supposed to kill all arguments of a loving God? nope.

God told our mother and father to specifically not do something which they did. They were punished. Within one man lies all men. Their debt is ours also to pay.

So stop citing the "eat my children, DUR NO WAY!" passage,(Not you ancient void but I see this all the time) and stop saying God is unjust.

The influence of evil has more of a presence on earth than God does according to scripture.

GOOD MEN DIE. God is great, but his people messed up big time. Stop whining about God and see the big picture, see his plan and WHY these things happen. "The wages of death are sin", everyone has sinned. Why people so perplexed? God tells you why things happen this way. The truth hurts.

peace

One more thing, When you see a poor/needy person, stop saying God needs to do something and let God work through you, by YOU doing it. Alot of the time, God's hands manifest themselves in people who do his will. I help my fellow man, I give my pocket money up, and I say "God did this".

You presume every man to be one thing, you presume God fits into the mold you give him.

Learn, do not presume.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by depth om]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Or maybe even we make ourselves suffer because of our BS.

I think this is pretty much it.

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is not." - The Buddha

If people just stopped being greedy they'd stop making (more) problems for themselves, and yes even the poor can be greedy.

A good example is those Katrina victims who in a time of need used their money cards to buy I-Pods, $200 purses, or some $150 Air Jordans, whatever they went on a shopping spree with those cards. I don't know... stuff like that maybe.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise

Or maybe even we make ourselves suffer because of our BS.

I think this is pretty much it.

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is not." - The Buddha

If people just stopped being greedy they'd stop making (more) problems for themselves, and yes even the poor can be greedy.

A good example is those Katrina victims who in a time of need used their money cards to buy I-Pods, $200 purses, or some $150 Air Jordans, whatever they went on a shopping spree with those cards. I don't know... stuff like that maybe.

The blemish of ego will not be removed from the mind of man.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join