It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19yr Old Teen eats a man?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

An Austrian teenager has confessed to murdering a man he met in a homeless shelter and eating parts of his brain and internal organs, authorities said.

The Fox version...
The Times London version...

I believe this is more than just a social issue. There is something really screwed up with that kid. Is there any explanation for something like this that exists within the realms of plausibility? Does this pertain to true evil forces? I find it hard to think someone would become so "cute" without influence from a "Hannibal Lecter".

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

man that is way gross! and just how does this belong in above politics?
hard to believe but there are still cannibals out there. i've read reports (and seen pictures) of a cult of baby eaters in Japan. And don't forget good'ol Jefferey Dahmmer.

scary stuff.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
No matter how you look at this, it is social behavior. From a clinical standpoint it could be considered anti-social behavior, but as odd as it may seem, even anti-social behavior is social behavior.

Nonetheless, this pretty much sums up the situation, although it still leaves a lot of unanswered questions:

The two men reportedly lived alone in the shelter, a two-bedroom flat that is run by a private social care company, financed partly by the city authorities. It was created as a first-aid accommodation for mentally ill people living on the street. The residents receive weekly visits from social workers. [emphasis mine]

www.foxnews.com...

So, we can assume that both men had been deemed mentally ill, but it doesn't tell us what kinds of illnesses they had.

I would guess that the perpetrator was probably psychotic, but there's no way of telling from the article.

I would also guess that the dead man's family, if he has one, will be expecting some explanations.

[edit on 2007/9/3 by GradyPhilpott]

join