It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vampire of Croglin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
... she heard scratch, scratch, scratch upon the window, and saw a hideous brown face with flaming eyes glaring in at her. She rushed back to the bed, but the creature continued to scratch, scratch, scratch upon the window. She felt a sort of mental comfort in the knowledge that the window was securely fastened on the inside. Suddenly the scratching sound ceased. And a kind of pecking sound took its place. Then, in her agony, she became aware that the creature was unpicking the lead !

I have always found the story of the Croglin vampire to be fascinating. Augustus Hare, in The Story of My Life, stated that the tale was originally passed to him by a Captain Fisher, whose family owned Croglin Grange.

The Vampire of Croglin

The original version of the Croglin story by Augustus Hare

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I remeber reading about this in an old book when I was a teen. Didn't someone say that Captain Fisher gave Hare the wrong placename or something like that?
I heard that the vampire attack happened a little away from Croglin Grange and that Fisher changed the story for some reason, saying that it happened at the Grange. I think he owned both properties.

join