It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge of American peoples.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hello ATS peoples from all around the world.
Hopefully this is the right forum to speak about this.
I have been following these forum's about a year now. I am not from Usa and English is not my language but i try my best to write understandable English.
I have been thinking American peoples. They say lot and i admit many great thing's come from that intelligence, but common sense...
I found out these video's from Google. I link it, hopefully it work's because its my first try ever.

Now my question is.
If American peoples are so well educated and they know everything about how other countries should live. Why common peoples are like this?

Why peoples follow a one man word who seems to be just like common peoples without real knowledge and they actually vote for him for many year's?
Is this really a American peoples knowledge or is this just to show the worst?
I would like to hear other opinions and why peoples blindly believe in everything.
My word is that peoples should think before they act. Saying that for example Muslims follow their bible blindly but what is the difference to do as one man say? Aint it all actually the same thing?
I don't mean that American's are stupid and i don't want to make anyone angry. What i want is opinion about peoples and the difference between following a religion or leadership.
Is this video from a joke program or is it really about knowledge of peoples.
What is the difference between doing a suicide bombing and go to a war for another country, if the information is about one man opinion? And why American's don't fight against the government if it is clearly doing wrong decisions?
I would like to get real answer's from more intelligent peoples than me and Opinion's.
Like i told my English is bad but if you get what i try to say then answer with real answer and leave stupid flaming out.
I want little discussion about this video.
Thank you for all and i wish good weekend for everyone.

Peace

[fixed bbcode for video]

[edit on 1-9-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
one thing you must remember about Americans is that we come from allover the world, a melting pot of different people with different levels of education and backgrounds. i'm sure if you look hard enough in any country you will find varying degrees of intelligence and that is the same here in America.
A mistake on your country or other countries would be to assume all Americans are dumb,lazy, rude and fat (sure some of us fit that description) but we wouldn't be the great Country that we are if ALL of us fit that description would we?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
im getting this...

The url contained a malformed video id.

fix the lnk please!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hoitsu

You can't just categorize all Americans in one box. For many of us, the only thing we have in common is that we're all within 3,000 miles of each other.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by hoitsu

You can't just categorize all Americans in one box. For many of us, the only thing we have in common is that we're all within 3,000 miles of each other.

Couldent have said it better ... the differences in every everything among the different regions and even different parts of communities are so much that we could just as well all be separate nations.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoitsu
I would like to get real answer's from more intelligent peoples than me and Opinion's.
Like i told my English is bad but if you get what i try to say then answer with real answer and leave stupid flaming out.

I don't think this will be a problem.

If you cant speak english what english dictionary did you get aint from and how would you even know what flaming meant? Do you mean not set you on fire with flames??? I have a feeling your english will get better as this thread gets a few pages deeper.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
As i tried to explain. Is this a joke video or is this really the knowledge of a common persons.
I understand that in Finland we have similar person's also but at least they know how to locate our country. My guess is that this is some kind of comedy program. Still interesting topic to discuss because lot is going on in United states these days.
If this is really true then i would like to suggest peoples to invest more in education than a war really because it looks really sad on that video.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoitsu
As i tried to explain. Is this a joke video or is this really the knowledge of a common persons.
I understand that in Finland we have similar person's also but at least they know how to locate our country. My guess is that this is some kind of comedy program. Still interesting topic to discuss because lot is going on in United states these days.
If this is really true then i would like to suggest peoples to invest more in education than a war really because it looks really sad on that video.

I have one for you; I was watching some dumb reality TV show where they asked a girl what the capital of Turkey was and she answered gravy. I swear to God. It was on TV on Monday or Tuesday last week.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hoitsu

Dude, like I said, you CANNOT categorize all Americans like that. I've seen several videos about stupid people, and what the film crews do is talk to 100 people, and then only show the stupid responses people give.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
You can find stupid people in any country. We have the same problems here as exists in many other countries, especially in europe. We have a two party system here that has a lock on the elections.

Those of us that do vote usually end up voting for the lessor of two evils. Personally, the last election was the last time I will vote for the lessor of two evils.

Why in europe do the people accept the revocation of their constitutions and allow politicians to create a constitution by treaty. Is is stupidity or is it that you have been rendered powerless?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The meaning of this post is about the president of united states. If you watch movies about what he say and about what he know. Then you know the answer. For me he looks like those on the video. I did not vote for him. American majority did. Again my question is about if this was reality or joke, because i don't know but i would like to.

I think ATS is great place to share knowledge and all peoples here are not like in that video. We understand bit better and we believe in fact's.
I repeat once again. This question is really about that video.
Those peoples that criticized my English
H eh...
I will give my complement's to topic's that are interesting for me from now on.
This will be first and last of this kind questions. I just found it interesting.

Good night to everyone in ATS forum's!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
That video is a load of crap. They talked to 100s of people and only showed 2 or 3 idiots.

If your too dull to realize this maybe you should volunteer to be on their program.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Hoitsu,
I should put forth a view of the president of this country which also applies to the leaders of many countrys whether presidents, prime ministers etc ect..or what ever word is used to describe them.

If you are able to think further than what passes for education today you will realize that intelligence is not necessarily a requirement for the leadership of a counrty. THe ability to follow orders and keep ones mouth shut is the prime requirement. Not thinking. Acting comes in handy.
Being intelligent and or smart is not among the requirements. I believe our presidents have been in occupations at one time before the office from Rhodes Scholars to farmers and Haberdashery....and of course lawyers. Lawyers ...by the way ...are sometimes consumate actors...you do know this correct??

On the topic of the dumbness of Americans ...while I agree with some of the posters...you find anything and everything here in the caliber of peoples...it is my belief that what we are turning out in public education is inferior to our ancestors. All of us ..no ..but the bulk.

What we often have especially in city dwellers is a people who are raised primarily on a diet of television and have television views , television values. The problem with television is that to the unawares ...the television can do most of your thinking for you. No individual thinking required. Just shovel back the sorry drivel that you received from the boob tube.

My point here is that so many of us have become watchers ..not doers and thinkers. It is the same with movies.

You should be very happy to know that this country..America...is working very hard to export this virus to the rest of the world so that they can become watchers too and not doers...or thinkers.

You will know that this virus is working among your countrymen when most of them describe themselves and thier lives by some program they saw on television or some new product they saw advertised. Eventually you will come to the conclusion they have been turned into good consumers ...not necessarily good people. What is even more intresting ....many of them will no longer know the difference.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 1-9-2007 by orangetom1999]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
All of us americans are rich, dumb, fat, lazy, ignorant, greedy, and we all live in giant houses with 10 dogs. All we care about is dominating the world so we can feed our lavish lifestyles and drive our SUV's. Our leaders are currupt and so is our political system.

Did I leave any stereotypes out?

Don't judge America by television ours or yours. America is the land of oportunity you get what you put into it.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
yo, i can't see the vid all it says is the url contained a malformed video id.

any why, hoitsu where in finland do you live? im from finland too

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well this issue is finished. Just as i thought, many interview's and just pick up the idiot's. Its both fun and sad.
Thanks for all nice answer's.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
For those who still can't access the video:
www.youtube.com...
PS: For some reason I couldn't add the video directly to the page, so don't blame me for the direct link.

IMO, ignorant people are everywhere, not just in the US.
Feel horrified watching it and don't wanna be like them? Simple, just study.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Gee, this is EXACTLY what we need. Some dumbass using his influence to spread false word about how stupid and brutal Americans can be.

This is a great way to just increase a negative stereotype of over 300 million people and make Americans like me hated.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

This is a great way to just increase a negative stereotype of over 300 million people and make Americans like me hated.

Get used to it, its all about jealousy and envy. These idiots know better, its just their way of lashing out at citizens of the most powerful country in the world.
Yea, we're all dumbass rednecks that cant count to 3 but we still some how managed to become the richest, most powerful country this world has ever seen.

Get over it already, your stupid polls and "man on the street interviews" dont change that fact one bit

[edit on 9/1/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Get used to it, its all about jealousy and envy. These idiots know better but its just their way to lash out at citizens of the most powerful country in the world.
Yea, we're all dumbass rednecks that cant count to 3 but we still some how managed to become the richest, most powerful country this world has ever seen.

Yes, that's a very good point, however people all over the world are too ignorant to understand that they are doing practically the same thing by putting themselves above Americans. They have the same stereotypical traits as anyone.

It is just sad that I'm getting set to travel, and I can almost guarantee that I will be harassed by people overseas who watch and believe in programs like this just because I'm an American. Now, granted everyone has probably been discriminated against sometime in their lives, but for dumbasses like this to help spread negative stereotyping around the world is completely ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join