It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are some of your pet peeves?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I just heard someone on the radio say "Ying yang" instead of "Yin Yang". That drives me nuts, but it also inspired me to start this thread, so what are some of your pet peeves? Here's a couple more of mine...

-- People who say "Numchucks" instead of "Nunchucks"

-- Crumbs on my mouse pad

-- Being interrupted

-- Hearing people chew their food

-- Seeing 18 year old kids (or younger) driving sports cars

-- Not being able to figure out a problem

I'm sure there's a bunch more, but this is all I got off the top of my head. I'll edit this post if I think of more.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Good grief, where do I start?So many Things to complain about....so little time.

--People who walk too slow admiring the scenery in the mall. Get Lost! Go take a walk in the park.

--People who judge me because I wear only black. Get Lost! Or I'll put a spell on you.

--Girls who wear jeans that show off their thong underwear. Tacky to the extreme.

-- The prices of gas, beer, and just about everything else.

--How the government dumps the BS on you then regulates the shovels.

-- How the Alien UFO forum has become a "Troll Booth".

--How I really would like to curse umpteen different things right now, but I don't want a warning.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Oh wow, complaining sure is fun! But I'm trying not to complain so much. I've got this jar where I put 50 cents in every time I start to complain about something insignificant, but I think just for this thread I'll make an exception. However I'll trim it down to the shortest list I can, so as not to cheat my "complain jar".

1. Doing things twice
2. Repeating myself
3. Bigots
4. Closed minded individuals

Yeah. I think that's enough.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
--People who walk too slow admiring the scenery in the mall. Get Lost! Go take a walk in the park.

The worst slow walking people are those who cross the road and end up walking in front of you but walk really slow, even worse than that is when there's a group of "slow walkers" and you can't just walk around them.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
--Girls who wear jeans that show off their thong underwear. Tacky to the extreme.

And may I add that thong underwear is just tacky in general, even if it doesn't show above their jeans.

It's beyond me why any guy thinks that is sexy, I can only imagine what the thing must smell like after being wedged up in some woman's stanky ole' butt all day long.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Pet Peeves

Folks who attack thier opposite in a debate with name calling and demeaning tone instead of making a arguement in favor of thier side in a debate.

Folks who whine about mods who are just trying to do a job and who as far as I know are doing it for free. They are trying to make it a pleasurable board for everyone give them a break.

Bomb Tossing threads that are meant to start a fight and not a discusion.

Noisy Neighbors who live above me.

Folks who dont watch thier kids especially the young ones (no surprise we have child abductions)When I walk outside and see a 2 year old female child playing in the dirt wearing only a pair of underwear and there are no other adults within sight amkes me angry.( I took the child to the apartment office, several hours later the parents finally came searching for the child.)

Kids who think my personal vehicle is something for them to play on.

Folks who leave thier pets especially dogs locked out on the porch all day while they are at work.

Folks who complain about everything on the job from the carpet to the boss, if its so bad get another job and let the rest of us be.

Poor quality and shallow newscoverage by the media.

Punishing the law abiding with stupid laws put in place because of stupid criminals.

Just a starter list I have more but dont want to work myself into a uber rant

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Geez, sounds like we live in the same neighbourhood.:shk:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I think we are looking at the results of the 'ME" generation do whatever you want with no personal resposibilty. Civilty and politeness have gone the way of the dodo.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Bomb Tossing threads that are meant to start a fight and not a discusion.

God I feel you on that one!! It happens all the time, especially in the breaking-news sections where sometimes the OP can't resist shoving their waaaaaaay partial views down your throat from the get-go.

Not many seem to want to just talk about anything, it seems like simple discussion on anything is just for old folks in nursing homes now. Drama and debating, that's what it's all about now it seems.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
My only pet peeves are people who tend to repeat themselves over and over and over again , that's about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The phrase "It is what it is..."

Complacency sucks. I mean why bother to get up in the morning with that attitude?

All the talk about obesity in America.

Let me be clear - I am not fat. But with all the issues in the world do we really need to discuss or debate this issue everyday in the news? I really don't care what other people look like or how it effects their health. It does not effect me.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
People who park in handicap parking spaces because they are to lazy to park in a normal spot.

Drivers who use the left lane and are not doing the speed limit or in excess of the speed limit. The left lane is for passing not talking on your cellphone, putting on make up and smoking.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I really only have two that set me off.

1. Drivers in cars who won't share the road (I'm a cyclist)
2. If you're living in a first floor apt, people who stomp around in high heels all day long on wooden floors. Closest I came to going 'Tasmanian Devil' on someone's butt about 10 years ago. LOL. (I asked nicely and they laughed and told me to take a 'chill pill'.
:shk:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
-when people don't use coasters for their drinks.

-people leaving messages that say, "just called to see what you were up to," I can see you called, thanks to caller ID, and I will get back to you.

-people that use myspace as a "lets get together" tool, then ask where I was and I say what do you mean because I haven't checked my myspace in weeks, just call!

theres a few

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose28in
Drivers who use the left lane and are not doing the speed limit or in excess of the speed limit. The left lane is for passing not talking on your cellphone, putting on make up and smoking.

Amen! Don't ever move to Oklahoma, and avoid driving there altogether if you possibly can. That is the WORST state for people like this, and I've driven in a LOT of states. I swear, they wait on the side of the highway until I'm almost there, then they jump out, and drive the exact same speed in both lanes side by side just so I can't get by. Sorry if there's any Oklahomans here, but since I've moved to Pennsylvania, I yell at drivers WAY WAY WAY less than I did in Oklahoma.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Aaarrrggghh, people who ask you to take off your shoes because they have a white carpet.Thats really annoying.

I take slippers to these peoples houses then make the comment "do you own your house or does your house own you"?

Then they shout at the children for getting mud on said carpet.
Then they cry.

People put too much into posessions and they dont care for people.

Dont get me wrong i respect other peoples property at all times but it just seems a bit daft to me.

And moths. I mean my head doesnt look like a lightbulb so why do they keep crashing into me??

[edit on 6-9-2007 by tracey ace]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
o this is going to be good^^

-18year old driving cars(im also a 18year driving car)but i hate it still^^
-ugly mean girls with high self esteem calling beautifull people ugly

-a girl who dont like me>_<
-warm milk(i liek my milk cold^^)
-to wait in line
-buttons on dresses(dammit what a turn off)
-haters,and friends who screw you
-people who try to walk over u if u let them
-EVIL girls
-18 year olds smoking cigaretes and weed and drinking just to be "cool"
-white people thinking the "n" word is insulting....we call ourselfs n's all the time even were white,we just like to sound gangsta we aint racist^^
-and more^^

-also bikes in the CENTER OF THE ROAD or riding zig-zag(filty drunk old geezers)
-jeeps
-REALLY slow drivers
-pedestrians and KIDs on the road
-girls driving exotic cars
-girls dating a buy for his car or other stupid reason
-girls trowing away they nice boyfriend for some jerk

[edit on 6/9/07 by Unisol]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
People who end their posts with something like "Thats my 0.2 cents". Or they think they are clever if they end their posts with "two and a half cents". Or they think they are really clever if they say canadian money, or any other kind of money. Or people who think they are really really clever if they put a picture of two cents.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Without a doubt mine is people who don't pass in the passing lane. What's up with that? If you don't want to pass then move right please!

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
trifiling women.

they're just

i got more but i'll post them some other time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join