It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, my name is...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
...Well, I'll just answer to "Teratoma" 'til we know each other a little better. I've been a sporadic visitor to this site since it's early days, but for the past few months I've been addicted. So I thought I'd join. I've been posting for a couple of days and I must say the site is even more enjoyable as a member. It's easier to keep track of who's saying what when there's a little bit more than a handle on the screen to represent them.
Anyway, I'm what might be called a skeptical believer. There's a whole universe between what I do believe and what I might believe, so I try not to be dismissive of even the most far out concepts.
I've never seen a UFO or a ghost or Bigfoot, and I don't have anything more than theories about why some people have, but I'm interested in gathering more info as it gradually starts to make sense. So that's why I'm here. Thanks for having me!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hi, welcome to ATS, Teratoma!

What does "Teratoma" mean, by the way?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Teratoma: A type of germ cell tumor that may contain several different types of tissue and sometimes mature elements such as hair, muscle, and bone. Teratomas occur most often in the ovary, testis, and in the sacrococcygeal region (near the tailbone) in children. A teratoma may be benign or malignant.

From www.medterms.com...

"Tera" or "terata" also means "monster" From www.wordinfo.info...

I've also heard it in reference to those pictures of horribly deformed babies that show up on places like -------------------------

But really, I'm a nice guy. I'm not even that badly deformed.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Not only what does it mean...

Originally posted by Beachcoma

But what is it?

Teratoma

Welcome to ATS you "monstrous tumor."

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I know I've already welcomed you, but could not resist.You have made quite an entrance here and an impression.Keep up the good work!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

Ok.

Interesting choice for a moniker. Uhm... So... Which area of the board specifically interests you? Let me guess -- Medical Conspiracies?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Not particularly. I think UFOs mostly. Any kind of unexplainable phenomena really, also general conspiracies and secret societies. Paranormal studies and how all of the above might be connected.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teratoma
Not particularly. I think UFOs mostly. Any kind of unexplainable phenomena really, also general conspiracies and secret societies. Paranormal studies and how all of the above might be connected.
Sorry about the late welcome Teratoma, I've been chattin' in different areas of this site, we're both into ufos,conspiracies, and even secret societies. That makes ya one of us now, by that I mean a non' skeptic, everyone's alittle skeptical but there's alote of members that I won't name out, in fear of gettin' a jab to the face , that won't believe a word about alien life and what not, even if an alien were to come and knock on their door. Hope ya enjoy ya stay and make sure the illuminati don't find ya out , see ya

[edit on 31-8-2007 by steve-o]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
One of the parts that make up common sense is the ability to be skeptical when necessary. One of the other parts is open-mindedness. If you're good at using both, you will gain useful information, and you won't easily be fooled.

top topics

join