It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9-11 section, an inadvertant comfort

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Nothing major here in this post, I just wanted to share some of my thoughts.

Browsing the board home page and seeing the "9-11 Conspiracy Theories" section has become somewhat of an inadvertant comfort to me because it reminds me that people are still exercising their freedom to question... and no greater reason to mistrust the government has happened in the six years since.

It's possible that another massively devastating event could happen in which there is reason to doubt the official story, so some day we could find that 9-11 is no longer the only forum section here with a date in it's title. When or if that day comes, it very likely will mean even far gloomier times ahead for life on Planet Earth than what we've seen thus far.

So even though it may be tempting to get just plain sick of seeing the 9-11 topic beat to death and discussed endlessly, we really shouldn't mind at all. This section's mere existence continues to encourage more and more people to question the real truth of world events and government actions... let them do so.

Governments don't want us to question things, I think they like it when we cast conspiracy topics aside as mere dead horse's that have been kicked enough. Pre 9-11, most everyone floated around on imaginary clouds of safety and tranquility, believing nothing truly horrific would ever happen on American soil. What a perfect opportunity for a government with an agenda to take advantage of it's citizens' ignorance.

To see people continuing to question... is a comfort. To me at least.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
exactly, ive been saying that before it happened, being a musician i like to think forwardly about important issues. At the same time give myself some stigma..

anyway. an album i made about the y2k times, in '99 didnt really go anywhere, but said the truth about the downfall of this country, which coincidentaly i was right. It was a fake, and now everything will likely break.

join