It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allah is NOT Some Pagan Moon God

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Sigh.

It's like saying Lucifer isn't really the planet Venus, or that Jesus is just like every other Sun god before him.

Sorry. But you're wrong. Religion is bunk.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I have nothing further to say to or about sun matrix, I have put him in ignore.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

I am just wondering.... What's wrong with Pagan Moon Gods????? Peoples from around the globe have long held a spiritual connection to the natural world. They tend to be the ones NOT polluting the environment and starting wars.  

Me thinks you picked a bad example to make your point with. That being said, Islam is just as valid as any other belief, and is not in and of itself, a bad or evil belief.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

"When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind."

--J. Krishnamurti, Freedom from the Known, pp.51-52

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Allah,is a Pagan Moon God. Allah is not god and Mohammed was not a Prophet

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr

That's your opinion.

Now back it up with proof.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I too believe in a big Kahuna. I just wish societies would stop splitting hairs making them want to load cars full of c3 and dynamite spiked with nails killing countless of innocent people because of secular divisions.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The Lord only gave us 10 commandments. I believe thou shalt not kill was one of them.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

You can't argue with ignorance D.J., you should know that by now.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Trust me...

I've discovered that...

Why do you think so many are silent here...

And on the Patraeus Thread?

For once Grover, you got it right and we wont argue with you...

Semper

[edit on 9/15/2007 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

seconded. i want to see the proof that allah is directly an elaboration on a pagan moon god..
i mean, i can understand saying it's yahweh with a different name, and thus a former pagan mountain god.. but not a moon god.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
I am just wondering.... What's wrong with Pagan Moon Gods????? Peoples from around the globe have long held a spiritual connection to the natural world. They tend to be the ones NOT polluting the environment and starting wars.  

Well nothing I guess, if you take a totally neutral point of view.

But the notion that Muslims worship a moon god just doesn't make sense. Although there are clear differences between Islam, Christianity and Judaism, the three religions are clearly tied together through the worship of one supreme being.

[edit on 9/15/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

clearly

that's why the whole 'pagan moon god' thing is pretty much nothing but an attack from ignorance and hate.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

This is not the place for that discussion. Go read what I last posted on the Petreus thread:

www.abovepolitics.com...

And be honest about it for once, the Republicans on the Senate committee were giving him a hard time as well, in fact maybe harder, than the Democrats.

But that doesn't match your spin about the big bad Democrats does it?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

reply to post by grover

both of you... take it to that thread. keep it out of here.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Madness,

You are correct

I was wrong and I apologize

Semper

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
"Among His Sings are the Night and the Day, and the Sun and the Moon. Adore not the sun and the moon, but adore God, Who created them, if it is Him ye wish to serve." (Koran 41:37)

Has anyone ever considered the Bible was wrong in claiming Isaac was the son Abraham took up the mountain to be sacrificed? What if it was Ishmael?

God several times refers to Abraham's son as his "only son." There was a 13 - 14 year age gap( if I remember correctly) between the ages of Ishmael and Isaac. So when God says to Abraham to sacrifice his only son, how is that possible unless it was Ishmael and Isaac wasn't born yet.. Either that or, God was mistaken? How is that possible.

If God did promise Isaac that his descendants would be as the dust of the Earth, as many as the stars in the sky, and as the sand in the seashore, this was a false promise which has not been fulfilled. Meanwhile, the descendants of Ishmael are of a great multitude, numbering more than 100 million today.

Just some food for thought...

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Raphael]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The "pagan moon god" happens to be an attempt to insult one religion, made by people of two other religions - one of which worships a dead man on a stick, the other which worships a pretty box in a tent.

See how this works?

As pointed out earlier, way earlier on this thread, "allah" means god in the dialect. Just as "ba'al" does in the Canaanite dialects. Pretty much all gods would be addressed with these words - you find instances in the OT where ba'al is used interchangeably with Elohim / Yaweh / God, just as often as it is used for Sin or Molech, other gods mentioned in there. The same is the case further south, where every god in Pagan Arabia would have been called "allah" because, well, that's the word.

When Mohammed brought monotheism to his people, he simply used "god" (allah) - probably with the same reason we don't see Jews and christians going around talking about "Yahweh"

'Course... One needs to realize that from my PoV, all of you monotheists are some of the craziest, most short-sighted people alive. You believe there is only one god, and that only people in the ancient near and middle east were good enough for him to deliver a message to... Now I'm sure this fellow is there. Creator of the universe? Pfft, hardly. So very conceited

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
people that are overly defense about their religious beliefs are more insecure than anything in my honest opinion.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr

Allah is NOT a pagan moon god..I'm pagan I would know.Next time learn the facts and talk to people who actually follow that religion before you going misleading people. Ignorance is not bliss.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join