It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia plans manned Moon mission by 2025

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Russia plans manned Moon mission by 2025

news.yahoo.com

Russia plans to send a manned mission to the Moon by 2025 and wants to build a permanent base there shortly after, the head of Russian space agency Roskosmos said Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Sorry this been posted, did a search I did not find anything.

Looks like the space race is on again with China, Russia and the US, may be Japan will jump in, is definately going to be interesting the next 2 decades of space exploration, and exploitation.

Edit to add:

If you were to believe all the conspiracies, then the US need to move quickly and cover up those bases that we have already there, make them underground or something.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Bunch]

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
it's a shame how space technology has not advanced like all other forms of technology over the last 35 years. You would have figured by now we would have been to mars and had bases all over the moon.

Makes you wounder what really happend.. Was it really just about money?

That would be funny if russia and china get there and find the US already settled in with massive basses and battle cruisers under construction

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
considering how freaking difficult it is to get a man on the moon, and america is the only country to do it like 50 years ago. You REALLY have to think, did we REALLY actually go to the moon!!!!

Technology has advanced soooo much in every country, yet noone else can do it. Do you not think about that?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I have heard all the conspiracies on this subject and to me I have yet to see a valid one, with undeniable proof that we did not went. To me is like the same nonsense that the Egyptians could not build the pyramids when all the evidence points to the contrary.

Yes I do believe that we have not gone back to the moon because all the money it takes, that the low side of leaving in a capitalist society.

Now take Russia for example, now that they have those huge oil revenues they want in on the space game, there space program came also to a halt because of the financial burden, now they are back and dont discount that they get financial assistant from countries of the Middle East, if those countries want to be part of the game too.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The Moon is going to be a very busy place (if it isn't already - wink, wink). I do find it interesting that the US rejected Russia's offer of joint participation... and with the other players at the table each having separate national-interest-oriented programs, one could speculate that "more" would be accomplished due to competition.

The duplication of efforts may not be an entirely "bad" or "good" thing but one then also could speculate how much more efficient a multi-national unified effort might be (wink, wink).

I would not be surprised to see Russia partner-up with a consortium of some description just as America will have it's alliances. The US, Russia, China and India could all "go-it-alone" too. Interesting times, watching the various interested parties position themselves.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
The Moon is going to be a very busy place (if it isn't already - wink, wink). I do find it interesting that the US rejected Russia's offer of joint participation... and with the other players at the table each having separate national-interest-oriented programs, one could speculate that "more" would be accomplished due to competition.
Vic

I rather see everybody going solo, I believe more will be accomplish because of competition and in case that something interesting is found either on the Moon or future Mars explorations it will be hard to keep it a secret.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I do find it interesting that the US rejected Russia's offer of joint participation... and with the other players at the table each having separate national-interest-oriented programs, one could speculate that "more" would be accomplished due to competition.

Really? I didn't hear about that. I know that competition spurs advancements, but can you imagine if there was international cooperation for one big joint space mission to get a multi-national team on the moon?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

I do find it interesting that the US rejected Russia's offer of joint participation... and with the other players at the table each having separate national-interest-oriented programs, one could speculate that "more" would be accomplished due to competition.

Really? I didn't hear about that. I know that competition spurs advancements, but can you imagine if there was international cooperation for one big joint space mission to get a multi-national team on the moon?

A 070831 CBC Tech & Science link for the story "Spurned by NASA, Russia plans its own moon base".

In a great many ways international efforts do make sense, so do more focussed national efforts. Perhaps there's "room" for all after a period where settled intentions are more well understood; it's still early days.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
Sorry this been posted, did a search I did not find anything.

[OFF TOPIC]

Yeah I keep having problems with the on-site Google search myself, but here is a tip -- Use the normal Google search, but add the following tag after your keywords - "site:abovetopsecret.com" without quotations. For example, "russia moon mission site:abovetopsecret.com" without quotations. Works all the time.

[/OFF TOPIC]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Thanks for the BC!

To VK:

Past human history show us that any advance made is always used for our own destruction, so while I feel that the next 20 to 30 years of space exploration can be exciting, it should also raise some concern on the what and why, some of this country would want to do out in space.

May be that would make the US turn it up a bit and revamp and refocus our space program which to me is a good thing, we already have enough satellites up there anyways.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Helium 3 is the main reason why certain countries have decided to go to the moon.

Space.com article

It's supposed to make space exploration economically viable in the future.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
So lets get this straight here, america went there forty years ago, and russia arent going to go for another 13 years? You mean to say that russia has only now got the tech to go there 53 years later? after the americans? Yeh right.

It just proves more and more that america didnt go to the moon.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I'll bet you that both China & now Russia, both having declared moon landing programs..

have an eye on the parts & debris from the 1969 landing site as
'salvageable' and should command high prices in the 'collectable' markets.
all that moon landing metal & flags & rovers & laser mirrors
could be 'parted' out for more than a couple Billion dollars. ....EASY

along with the resource grab angle

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
So lets get this straight here, america went there forty years ago, and russia arent going to go for another 13 years? You mean to say that russia has only now got the tech to go there 53 years later? after the americans? Yeh right.
It just proves more and more that america didnt go to the moon.

No they had the tech alright but why should they bother? The US went there and did it for them The Russians probably intercepted all the transmissions and data plus they even got bits of moonrock.

If your neighbour is happy to let you borrow his lawnmower, why buy one ?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It seems we all missed this too

“In 2025, Europe will begin to operate a permanently manned outpost on the Moon as part of a multi-decade, international exploration effort to serve humanity, thus increasing our knowledge and helping us to address the global challenges of the future.”

Europe plans moon base

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I wonder what those global challenges will be? Hmmmmm.....
I hope is something like global warming and not something like defends is from invasion by some alien race!

I guess that anything that happen in 2012 we will come out good. On the other side it seems to me that too many governments are going to be building spaceships, I wonder if somethings up and the regular people are going to get stuck here.

new topics

top topics

join