It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology Replaces Personality in Human Kind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Not just cellphones, but ipods, blackberrys, iphones, laptops, pdas, xboxs, websites, instant messaging, this thread, zunes, faxes, emails, and all the gadgets.

Society has officially sectioned off in to everyones personal corner, forget human to human real life intertaction when you can do it all from a keyboard or cellphone

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hooray for technology!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
While I rather miss the experience of running into people on the street with wild tales to tell and all-encompassing theories - and I now have ATS.

The internet also doesn't try to follow me around all day, insisting I listen to it, give it spare change and refuse to let a conversation die when it's been suffering painfully for over 15 mintues.

Something nice for about being able to research anything I wish from the privacy of my home, and no longer having to check out and carry over twenty some odd books from the library every couple of weeks.

The texting phenomenon and "text speak" drive me bonkers though, and somewhere, I can hear Orwell chuckling to himself.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Heres my post from another thread, which is in reference to National IDs (and microchipping, partly) Thought it would fit into this thread. Technology is great, it's the people who use it, and those who corrupt it that aren't!

Originally posted by nowayreally
I definitely understand what you're saying- And optimism is a beautiful thing. Technology, and advancement of society is necessary. But, there are many advancements in society that have become corrupted and misused - God, even the television is my arch nemisis, so to speak. Do I watch TV, yes. Can it be useful, of course. Does it corrupt? It does. And, one could argue that it corrupts those that let themselves be corrupted; okay, this is also correct. But, what about the people in the middle? What about those who must abide by their surroundings, by Fox and ABC news, or reality televsion, for intelligence and entertainment. Is it fair to them?

Now, Im a little off topic here, but my point is clear in its essence, but hard to define exactly. Basically, Im all for conveinence. I'm constantly rushing around and things that make my life easier, well, I love them. And, I cannot stress enough how proud and reassuring it is to see Human growth and advancement. But if thats all that this boiled down to, well then, where the hell is my electronic GPS navigated car? Wheres the free medical help, and why is identity theft still a problem.

Give me a government who has PROVEN that they are, in fact, trying to help make our lives easier, and are not trying to 'gain' anything from this 'forward step' and I will glady take my ID/ the microchip happily. Until then.....Well, until then, Ill be here waiting for our American Revolution and praying for the lives of the 'good' and helpless.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The time has almost come! Next will be the implants installed in your brain, where you can access this tech without even typing. Thought alone! Uploading your concious self.

The steps:
Cyberware
Chipware
Nanoware

somewhat reference: Cyberpunk2020

top topics

join